Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2021, 05:20 AM

2,047 posts, read 856,525 times

Advertisements

.... and they can totally do it too. I work in the transportation industry. For those of you who hate trucks and the trucking industry (and I realize there’s a lot of you out there) let me educate you a little bit how it works. Everything you buy, everything you think about buying, everything that you touch, everything basically in existence comes on a truck at some point. It’s kind of the forgotten industry....If truck drivers ever ban together they can completely shut the country down in literally a minute if trucks stop moving even for a day or two. The shelves at all your stores become empty. And it will take weeks after just a day or two delay to get things even close to back to normal. Well on August 31st every truck driver in the entire country of Australia has agreed to sit. And they are going to sit until the government gives the power back to its citizens.

Now here’s the crazy part. The Australian government knows they’re at the mercy of these truck drivers. And so they’re threatening to bring the military in to literally force drivers to work at gunpoint and force them to get a vaccine. Final straw was a government mandated vaccines for all truck drivers. Well truck drivers are by themselves 99.9% of the time. You don’t think freedom is under attack?

This country is next. If mandates don’t stop or lockdown begin, There’s rumors flying that the transportation industry will ban together and refuse to work. Life could get real rough very quickly for all of you.

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index...the-government

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwCgN...ature=youtu.be
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 05:23 AM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,336 times
Awesome.... At Least someone still has Balls ~

Old 08-24-2021, 05:28 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
What is this, the third thread on this anti vaxxer crackpot with no support in the Trucking industry in Australia.

Initially you all pretended this was because the government was forcing them to get vaccinated, but when proved that was incorrect, they are just protesting about the government in general.

So let me help you out a little. The claim that every truckie has agreed to cease work on 31 Aug is a lie and the fantasy of this bloke trying to get a gofundme going. And it's not going very well either!

The funny thing is the Truckies are the least impacted profession in the country.

Old 08-24-2021, 05:45 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,031 times
Truckers (Truckies in Aussie land) are the lifeblood of the American and Australian economies. No goods, no food get delivered without trucks delivering it. All it would take is just one or two days of a massive trucker boycott, and the government will cave to their demands. That's how much power they have.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:22 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
.... and they can totally do it too. I work in the transportation industry. For those of you who hate trucks and the trucking industry (and I realize there’s a lot of you out there) let me educate you a little bit how it works. Everything you buy, everything you think about buying, everything that you touch, everything basically in existence comes on a truck at some point.[/url]
Yes, I just roll my eyes about how clueless some people are. When gas prices went up, at least one person posted she was glad because all the rich would suffer because of their gas-guzzling SUV's.

She seemed to completely overlook that fact that trucks run on gas, too -- and that prices for almost everything would probably go up, too.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:27 AM

17,624 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What is this, the third thread on this anti vaxxer crackpot with no support in the Trucking industry in Australia.

Initially you all pretended this was because the government was forcing them to get vaccinated, but when proved that was incorrect, they are just protesting about the government in general.

So let me help you out a little. The claim that every truckie has agreed to cease work on 31 Aug is a lie and the fantasy of this bloke trying to get a gofundme going. And it's not going very well either!

The funny thing is the Truckies are the least impacted profession in the country.
The funny thing is watching people like you cheer for this tyranny. Maybe you’ll wake up in a few years when you’re still locked in your house.

Old 08-24-2021, 07:33 AM

2,347 posts, read 3,334,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
Truckers are the lifeblood of the American economies. No goods, no food get delivered without trucks delivering it. All it would take is just one or two days of a massive trucker boycott, and the government will cave to their demands. That's how much power they have.
They could. But they won't. Truckers have been saber rattling like this ever since Deregulation. They complain about California. Yet every single freeway and highway in the state is clogged solid with them. 24 hours a day. Every single one of them.

It's just noise. Mostly coming from the old time 'cowboy' truckers....the ones who work the least and all have "say no to cheap freight" placards on their rigs. It's a safe bet to ignore them. Yes, the sheer 'strength in numbers' thing *IS* potentially there. I just don't see it ever happening. Always that one hungry driver out there who puts his bills and his stomach ahead of such grandstanding. So that in effect, undermines the whole point.

Truckers just seem to like to complain. About everything. Always making threats and never following through.

I wouldn't worry much. If at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, I just roll my eyes about how clueless some people are. When gas prices went up...She seemed to completely overlook that fact that trucks run on gas, too -- and that prices for almost everything would probably go up, too.
Diesel. Not gas. But your point is both taken and valid.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:05 AM

2,047 posts, read 856,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
They could. But they won't. Truckers have been saber rattling like this ever since Deregulation. They complain about California. Yet every single freeway and highway in the state is clogged solid with them. 24 hours a day. Every single one of them.

It's just noise. Mostly coming from the old time 'cowboy' truckers....the ones who work the least and all have "say no to cheap freight" placards on their rigs. It's a safe bet to ignore them. Yes, the sheer 'strength in numbers' thing *IS* potentially there. I just don't see it ever happening. Always that one hungry driver out there who puts his bills and his stomach ahead of such grandstanding. So that in effect, undermines the whole point.

Truckers just seem to like to complain. About everything. Always making threats and never following through.

I wouldn't worry much. If at all.

Diesel. Not gas. But your point is both taken and valid.
I am not a trucker, but I work in a parallel field in transportation so I do work in directly with truckers and I know their industry quite well. I know how the flow of the transportation of freight to and from all regions about this country works. So based on that, let me explain A few things to you if I may. All it will take is 10% of truckers to sit to disrupt entire industries and force business to close. There already is freight at the major ports that’s backed up for months. And that’s because there’s a nationwide truck or shortage of about 1 million truck drivers. A lot of Walmarts and shopping chains are already having trouble keeping their shelves filled. You can go to many stores about America in certain regions and shelves are empty right now,

About 70% of truck drivers have and will continue to refuse the Jab. They won’t drive if forced to “vaccinate”

Most truck drivers went into trucking with a very independent freethinking mentality and most of them do not like the government telling them what to do. Especially something like this. They will walk. They will sit. Yes you’ll still have random truckers when freight goes to $12 a mile because of the shortage of drivers that will still get out there a drive, but it will be laughable because they won’t even put a dent in the lack of freight being transported.

Yes it is true many truckers complain. It’s because many of these snobby liberal controlled areas of the country hate truckers, but ohhhh they want their stuff now don’t they? Lol they tell truckers, you can’t park here, you can’t do your mandatory federal government required break here, they leave them nowhere to park but want them to get in and leave. It’s happening in so many places now it’s almost impossible to even deliver to these places. It’s also a job that 99% of people could never do. You have to have a different type of mentality to be a truck driver. You’re alone all the time, you rarely get time off, you’re basically doing something related to your job almost 24 hours. Yet you only get paid for the miles you drive. It’s a crappy way to make a living, yet they do it.

Yes it is true truck drivers have threatened strikes before and didn’t entirely follow through. But I think you fail to see the motivation potentially behind this issue. I think mandating vaccines on truck drivers would push them over the edge. Again, I know their mentality as I work with them.

Old 08-24-2021, 01:18 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousoutsider View Post
I wanted to ask a question about Aussie truck stop hookers and how the do things in the southern hemisphere, but I'm on thin ice with the mods so I'll just google.
Not gonna lie ... I chortled.

Old 09-21-2021, 07:55 AM

5,110 posts, read 2,050,817 times
I guess this thread might desserve a bump, now then truckers have some assistance from other folks.
https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/f...ckdown-protest

Quote:
Anti-lockdown protests have become more common in Australia since the latest round of "snap" lockdowns began two months ago.

Initially, those lockdowns were supposed to last a week. But months later, with tensions running high, millions of Australians are fed up with the government's lockdowns and vaccine requirements.

And although Aussie health authorities have at the very least acknowledged that their "COVIDZero" approach isn't actually feasible, frustrations among the Australian people are running high (perhaps intensified by the country's latest diplomatic faux pas, which angered France and made PM Scott Morrison look like he stabbed President Macron in the back).

On Tuesday in Melbourne, authorities were forced to confront this blazing public anger as protesters executed an "extremely dangerous maneuver" by marching onto a busy freeway and blocking traffic in a tactic that some Americans might remember from last summer's BLM protests inspired by the killing of George Floyd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies