Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 08:44 AM

17,670 posts, read 6,928,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Last night was supposed to be “the big night” for Joe Biden’s spending agenda in the House of Representatives. Democratic leadership was ready to “muscle through” the first procedural vote on Biden’s $3.5 trillion reconciliation spending bill over the objections of every Republican and even some members of their own party. Unfortunately for them, it appears that they may need to summon the brute squad. The same nine moderate Democrats who penned an op-ed about passing the infrastructure bill first this week did not develop any cracks in their armor. After reportedly spending hours on negotiations, promises, cajoling and threats until well after midnight, the House leadership finally threw in the towel and decided to try again today. No votes were taken on the massive spending bill. (Associated Press)
Link: https://hotair.com/jazz-shaw/2021/08...agenda-n411049

We need to continue to keep the pressure on these 9 Democrats. I'm sure they are getting incredible pressure from the far left extremists in the Democrat Party to cave and support the 3.5T "reconciliation" bill.

I have more faith in these House members than I do in Sinema or Manchin to stop the latest round of unnecessary spending.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2021, 09:05 AM

4,344 posts, read 2,236,947 times
Thank goodness not every Democrat is under the control of evil Pelosi and they still retain common sense fiscal responsibility.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:15 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,373,552 times
With everything the incompetent dangerous Biden administration has done these 9 Democrats are probably trying to save themselves. From from open borders and millions of illegal aliens to skyrocketing inflation from reckless spending to Biden's careless and idiotic plan in Afghanistan, the Democratic party is swirling in the bowl.

Right now it isn't a matter of if the Dems will lose the House and Senate in 2022, it's more about how much they will lose it by.

Old 08-24-2021, 09:25 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
With everything the incompetent dangerous Biden administration has done these 9 Democrats are probably trying to save themselves. From from open borders and millions of illegal aliens to skyrocketing inflation from reckless spending to Biden's careless and idiotic plan in Afghanistan, the Democratic party is swirling in the bowl.

Right now it isn't a matter of if the Dems will lose the House and Senate in 2022, it's more about how much they will lose it by.
They also probably live in districts where they have slim leads. The same districts where people are more active in dealing with their representatives.

The Dem to me have gone bat crap crazy the last few years. I really hope the more moderate sensible ones start to try and take the party back a bit more center. The woke progressive push just doesn't really resonate with the average person on the street. Not sure how this stuff is getting so much traction. There is a top down push and that's not the way it's supposed to work.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:41 AM

6,812 posts, read 9,365,924 times
I have a feeling they will eventually fold and fall into line, sort of like Bart Stupak and Obamacare.

At this point, this whole $3.5T reconciliation bill should just be set aside. I can understand wanting to make strategic investments that are good for the future of this country, but I don’t trust our representatives to actually accomplish that. Instead, just like much of what congress passes, it will be a pile of garbage and unnecessary spending.

Old 08-24-2021, 10:54 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,165,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
Thank goodness not every Democrat is under the control of evil Pelosi and they still retain common sense fiscal responsibility.
The Tulsi Gabbert’s of the world. God bless them.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:08 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,381,719 times
Can someone please list the Gang of Nine members?

I would love to send a big THANK YOU to each of them!

(I did Google it, but no luck.)

Last edited by katharsis; 08-24-2021 at 11:19 AM..

Old 08-24-2021, 11:13 AM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Ohhh. Thank goodness for now. This is such great news. I've been so worried. Thanks for posting this.

I'm now waiting to hear on the Remain in Mexico for the Southern Border...keeping fingers crossed.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:20 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
I would like to see all of these bills fail.

That being said, the most likely outcome is that these nine moderates get their way and the infrastructure bill is passed. After that, who knows, but the larger $3.5 Trillion boondoggle bill does not look like it has adequate support in the Senate anyway.

So the infrastructure bill is the only sure thing, as it actually has quite a bit of Republican support as well. Will the rabidly extreme far left sabotage this? While the nine Democrats are currently being portrayed as the obstructionists here, that is not accurate. It is the squad and the far left that are blocking the infrastructure bill.

So unless they are stupid, they will pass the infrastructure bill and let the far left wail hysterically, as they then try to pass the much more difficult remaining portions of this mess, albeit with less leverage, as the infrastructure bill will no longer be available as a hostage. I could be wrong, but that is what I expect will probably happen here. The infrastructure bill will be passed and the rest probably will not be.

Old 08-24-2021, 11:24 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,867,464 times
They are true American heroes.

Hopefully they continue the fight against evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies