Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2021, 08:02 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Misinformation!

That pretty much describes nearly everything "Dr." Fauci has said over the past two years.

His constant flip-flopping, him constantly being wrong and then later changing his mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 08:02 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
From the link you posted: “Physical distancing and masks will slow the spread of all variants, and we need to double down on those efforts.”

So you posted a lie.
Very common for people to post links to social media they have not read and apply their own perceptions to fill in the details.

People believe anything that seems to validate their own perceptions.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:04 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,554,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MummyofAnkha1969 View Post
The Monoclonal Antibody Treatment seems to be exquisite! I think we'll need a larger rollout of it.
They do look promising. But they are not cheap and there's still a chance they may not work on many patients. If we get a variant that can bypass the vaccine, then they may bypass these as well.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:05 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Our natural immunity is what we need to rely on. Wearing masks, social distancing, isolation is in fact weakening our immune systems. My grandson who is just over 2 is being assaulted by what seems to be PERSISTENT respiratory infections that his body has had a hard time fighting off. Why? A year in which he was largely deprived of the opportunity to build his immune system. He's getting better but all this could have been avoided.

This is idiocy.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:08 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I am already seeing people getting upset. My workplace has an insane backlog that we can't get to until it is safe in the world for people above 60. I see people walking around without masks and just going ahead with their lives.

The boots on the ground are growing tired of it.

It just seem obvious to me that the vaccines do not work. They don't even provide a small amount of safety for those who have them.

I feel like we just have to hold on until the next election... that is the only way we can get ride of Faucci.
That’s just not true. The vaccines do work at keeping people from having the worst effects of the virus. Sure, there are some breakthrough cases that end up with serious illness, but the vast majority of breakthrough cases saw milder symptoms than they would have without the vaccine. The vulnerable population (meaning generally older or multiple co-morbidities) should go ahead and get the vaccine and younger, healthier people should decide if it’s worth it. But of course I feel that EVERYONE should have a choice, just as they do the flu vaccine.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:09 AM

608 posts, read 239,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Wait until the "Midterm 2022" variant is released. That'll be a bad one.

"Presidential 2024" will surely be the worst though!
Watch it be "so bad" that they disable in-person voting and ONLY allow xeroxed ...uhh... I mean mail-in ballots.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:11 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Everyone? Well thats not happening. Any other ideas?

Maybe the vaxxes are causing the variants
Viruses mutate because that’s what viruses do.

The Delta variant first emerged in December amongst the 1.4 billion unvaccinated people in India.

The Lambda variant first emerged in August, 2020 in Peru and has since been identified in more than 27 countries.

Thus far, the Delta variant is the most easily transmissible which is why it is now the most dominate, world wide.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Our natural immunity is what we need to rely on. Wearing masks, social distancing, isolation is in fact weakening our immune systems. My grandson who is just over 2 is being assaulted by what seems to be PERSISTENT respiratory infections that his body has had a hard time fighting off. Why? A year in which he was largely deprived of the opportunity to build his immune system. He's getting better but all this could have been avoided.

This is idiocy.
I believe this is true. I know in the early 2000’s, my own children went to daycare starting as infants and got the usual bout of illnesses there because daycare facilities are little Petri dishes. My cousin who had a live-in nanny and others who stayed home with their kids always told me their kids never got sick and daycare was bad for them, but when those kids went to school in either a Mother’s Day Out program around age 3 or 4 and/or later when they started kindergarten they were constantly getting sick and my kids never got sick. It’s a trade-off — either they get sick when they’re babies or get sick when they are toddlers or older children. Either way they are going to get sick.

We have interrupted that normal cycle for the older kids and I believe that is what is driving the epidemic of RSV cases we have seen recently in children.

Old 08-25-2021, 08:15 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Just let the virus rip as quickly as possible around the world. If it spreads fast enough it could happen before more variants occur. Otherwise we are going to always be two steps behind.
The so-called "vaccines" do not provide immunity, they do not stop the inoculated from spreading the virus, and they apparently have to be maintained with regular booster shots, perhaps forever.

Slowing this down interminably just makes it go on forever. The capacity of the hospitals has been a legitimate concern, but we are far enough into this now that most of the population has been exposed to this virus. The never ending politically-motivated campaigns to incite mass panic and hysteria are counterproductive and unhelpful.

It is time for us to be courageous and face this head on. The faster we get through this, the faster it will be over.

Of course that does not mean that all humans will be immune to any and all pathogens afterwards from now on. Some new disease will be along in a few years and we will have to fight that off as well. Such is life on Earth for our species.

Last edited by Spartacus713; 08-25-2021 at 08:31 AM..

Old 08-25-2021, 08:17 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Trump was right all along. Everyone knows regular household bleach kills the virus. And we already use bleach to purify water. What we should do is inject or drink the bleach in a diluted solution, just as President Trump said. As our bodies build tolerance for the bleach higher concentrations could be used along with profalactic cloriquine which was already proven to work in Swaziland and Borneo. The nono bots in the solution will seek out and literally eat the virus atoms.

THIS is the obvious answer, you have to clense your body. People like Fauxi are making money off of selling masks, and fear. Phizer makes billions off their so-called vaccine, which is really just poison. Are you going to let them poison your body? And your mind?

I'm going to Walmart right now to stock up ahead of all the sheeple who will rush to hoard the supply as soon as the truth gets out.

And we have to reinstate Trump back into his rightful position as President. He never would have let this get like this. The kickback on the throughput makes it imperative to restore the President for life.
; )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies