Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 10:08 AM

30,178 posts, read 11,815,563 times

Advertisements

A truly scary variant. If it really does rip through our vaccines it will be a huge problem.

https://www.ibtimes.com/covid-19-lam...-study-3265079

The researchers also noted that in laboratory experiments, they found three mutations in the variant’s spike protein that help it evade vaccine-induced antibodies and two additional mutations make Lambda highly infectious.

"Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society,” senior researcher Kei Sato of the University of Tokyo, said, according to Reuters. It remains unclear whether the Lambda variant is more dangerous than the Delta variant which is currently spreading rapidly in many countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 10:10 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Don't worry, because the Democrats are forcing all Americans to get vaccinated, so we'll crush this thing!

Old 08-03-2021, 10:12 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
A truly scary variant. If it really does rip through our vaccines it will be a huge problem.

The researchers also noted that in laboratory experiments, they found three mutations in the variant’s spike protein that help it evade vaccine-induced antibodies and two additional mutations make Lambda highly infectious.

"Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society,” senior researcher Kei Sato of the University of Tokyo, said, according to Reuters. It remains unclear whether the Lambda variant is more dangerous than the Delta variant which is currently spreading rapidly in many countries.
Yep, and guess where that happy little variant is going to come from - from South America where it is devastating Peru, through Central America in caravans, right up to our southern border. They have already found it in Texas.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Don't worry, because the Democrats are forcing all Americans to get vaccinated, so we'll crush this thing!

I don't care what either party is doing. More than likely both are doing the wrong thing as usual. I work out of my house. I can avoid humanity until this is over if need be.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yep, and guess where that happy little variant is going to come from - from South America where it is devastating Peru, through Central America in caravans, right up to our southern border. It’s already in Texas.
Its in South Florida. Lots of flight from Miami to South America.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:15 AM

3,503 posts, read 1,414,327 times
Quote:
Its in South Florida. Lots of flight from Miami to South America.

I thought we were testing people who fly into this country. How are these variants popping up in the U.S.?

Old 08-03-2021, 10:16 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:

It is coming up from the Latin American countries of which Biden is bringing it in.. Biden will kill many more Americans.. it is a planned event. 10% who get Lambda in Peru died ... I in 10.. It has spread all over Latin America in 30 countries already and it is here in the US now.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:17 AM

43,141 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
I thought we were testing people who fly into this country. How are these variants popping up in the U.S.?
We have a lot more people entering the US that are not flying.
Well they are catching about 200K a month so imagine the total if you consider all the others they are not catching ?

Old 08-03-2021, 10:17 AM

1,866 posts, read 934,706 times
Just open everything up and let the virus run its course.
I'm tired of hearing about new variants, and all the fear being pushed by the media.
It's just a new cold virus, deal with it.

Old 08-03-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:

These tests are no where near 100% accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies