Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 09:10 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times

Advertisements

What makes someone an "anti-vaxxer" ?

If someone is against mandates and thinks everyone should be able to make their own decisions about getting vaccinated or not, does that make them an anti-vaxxer?

What if they believe that and are vaccinated themselves?

C'mon "Pro-vaxxers" ........

You love to throw the name around at anyone that you disagree with....

So give us your definition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 09:19 AM

17,788 posts, read 13,677,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post

If someone is against mandates and thinks everyone should be able to make their own decisions about getting vaccinated or not, does that make them an anti-vaxxer?
Technically no, this does not make you an anti vaxxer. It just makes you needlessly more at risk of contracting a case of COVID with greater consequences.

However, if you babbling on about how dangerous the vaccine is on top of being against mandates then I'd say you are an anti vaxxer. By any metric the vaccine is less dangerous than contracting COVID. Granted, dying from COVID is not that common either. But it's a heck of a lot more common than dying from the Vaccines.

But anymore antivaxxers aren't really a threat to the vaxxed people. They are more a threat to each other. So it's no big deal. At least amongst adults.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:24 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
The media has redefined anti-vaxxer as anyone who doesn't want to get a covid shot.

People who don't get the flu shot were never called anti-vaxxers.

But this is different. If you don't want a vaccine that lasts only 6 months and would have to be repeated every 6 months until who knows when...then you are now an "anti-vaxxer".

Old 08-28-2021, 09:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Anyone against a vaccine for any reason. That's not the same as someone who can't get a vaccine for medical reasons.

Medical reasons doesn't imply that you are against it -- just that you cannot take it.

Right now we most definitely refer to anti-vaxxer as someone refusing to get the vaccine but anyone who refuses to get the standard inoculations are anti-vaxxers

Old 08-28-2021, 09:27 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,068 times
An anti-vaxxer is someone who is religiously or otherwise opposed to receiving vaccinations. That means all vaccinations, and not just one shot that in this case does not actually qualify as a true vaccination.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:

I am a pro-vaxxer --- and I don't see why you would be offended by being called an anti-vaxxer if you are against/anti -- getting the vaccine.

I support your right to choose.....and will call you an anti-vaxxer -- so what.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:30 AM

6,369 posts, read 2,703,569 times
Quote:

In very simple terms one question shows the new definition of "Anti-Vaxxer".

"Did you get the COVID shot"?

If you answer No for any reason you are an "Anti-Vaxxer".

Old 08-28-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
In very simple terms one question defines the new definition of "Anti-Vaxxer".

"Did you get the COVID shot"?

If you answer No for any reason you are an "Anti-Vaxxer".
That's your definition.

I have a friend who is not getting the vaccine -- not sure why -- we don't talk about it. I haven't assigned her the anti-vaxxer title because I don't know if it is because of a medical reason or if she is actually against this vaccine.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:35 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,586,929 times
I dont understand how someone can claim a religious exemption in relation to the Covid vaccine?

As far as i know, only the Phifzer vaccine uses technology derived from abortion,

Old 08-28-2021, 09:36 AM

43,074 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Anyone against a vaccine for any reason. That's not the same as someone who can't get a vaccine for medical reasons.

Medical reasons doesn't imply that you are against it -- just that you cannot take it.

Right now we most definitely refer to anti-vaxxer as someone refusing to get the vaccine but anyone who refuses to get the standard inoculations are anti-vaxxers
I don't get a flu shot and I've never been called an anti-vaxxer.
That used to be someone who is against all vaccines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies