Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2021, 10:32 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterShipWreck View Post
This is obscene. The mother didn't even have a matter in front of the court, as per the news story. Judge found out she was unvaccinated somehow, and just ordered this.

Wow... Welcome to the new America.

Illinois mom says judge stripped custody of son until she gets COVID-19 vaccine: report

https://www.foxnews.com/us/illinois-...-child-vaccine
FYI -- a thread was already started and lots of discussion on it already....just letting you know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 10:34 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,029,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I get your skepticism but I will say the dad's lawyer seems to confirm that it was the lack of vaccination was the reason she lost custody and even they were surprised by the ruling.
For all we know the dad wanted this. Obviously isn’t going to admit it.

Says it was a child support hearing. Is she supposed to be paying child support and isn’t?

Old 08-28-2021, 10:43 AM

21,893 posts, read 25,213,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I get your skepticism but I will say the dad's lawyer seems to confirm that it was the lack of vaccination was the reason she lost custody and even they were surprised by the ruling.
No, he said he was surprised by the ruling and that he agreed she should be vaccinated. They were there on a child support issue. From that you could equally infer that she lost custody because she wouldn't pay child support. Personally, I don't make those kinds of inferences as there's a thousand could be scenarios. Seems to confirm if you assume just isn't where I go. The only two people saying that are her and her attorney. I wouldn't put much stock in either as it's a custody case that's dragging on forever and an attorney arguing a case to the media. Attorneys who do that know what they're doing. It's their job to selectively present information in the most favorable light and when playing to the media there's no one their to call the BS when it gets spread on thicker than normal.

Certainly, appeal the case. If it's what happened, the judge overstepped and needs to be slapped down. I'm just not one to get particularly excited about one side not liking the outcome of a court hearing.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:18 AM

20,130 posts, read 16,192,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
No, he said he was surprised by the ruling and that he agreed she should be vaccinated. They were there on a child support issue. From that you could equally infer that she lost custody because she wouldn't pay child support. Personally, I don't make those kinds of inferences as there's a thousand could be scenarios. Seems to confirm if you assume just isn't where I go. The only two people saying that are her and her attorney. I wouldn't put much stock in either as it's a custody case that's dragging on forever and an attorney arguing a case to the media. Attorneys who do that know what they're doing. It's their job to selectively present information in the most favorable light and when playing to the media there's no one their to call the BS when it gets spread on thicker than normal.

Certainly, appeal the case. If it's what happened, the judge overstepped and needs to be slapped down. I'm just not one to get particularly excited about one side not liking the outcome of a court hearing.
Since they shared equal custody I would not be so quick to assume the problem was her failing to pay child support. A different outlet said she’s a front desk clerk, if one of the parents in a shared custody situation is paying child support to the other due to significantly unequal incomes I doubt it is her.

Old 08-28-2021, 11:32 AM

21,958 posts, read 9,548,864 times
Default Judge strips Chicago mother of parental rights for not being vaccinated

http://yahoo.com

Again, yahoo would allow to copy the direct link. Go look on Yahoo and see how it won't let you copy the link.

Direct link below:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ination-status

Judge strips Chicago mother of parental rights for not being vaccinated

When Rebecca Firlit and her ex-husband of seven years participated in a child support hearing via video call on Aug. 10 for the purpose of determining the terms of shared custody of their 11-year-old son, Cook County Judge James Shapiro inquired about Firlit's vaccination status. After Firlit told the judge she did not receive the vaccine because of adverse reactions she has had to other vaccines , he ordered her to be stripped of her parental right to visit her son until she has been vaccinated...

Old 08-28-2021, 12:05 PM

37,960 posts, read 17,902,957 times
Her body, her choice.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:57 PM

19,691 posts, read 12,270,002 times
So they are starting to take people's kids away now.

This just can't end well.

Old 08-28-2021, 05:37 PM

8,269 posts, read 3,516,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So they are starting to take people's kids away now.

This just can't end well.
I lost my daughter for less. At least she can change it. I couldn't change that I am disabled and white. I am not agreeing with what happened to this poor mother, but people have been losing their kids for frivolous reasons for a long time.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:42 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,985,108 times
Default Judge Revokes Mother's Custody Because She's Unvaccinated

After years of satisfactory shared custody with her ex-husband, the judge revoked the mother's custody rights due to her refusal to get vaccinated. However, she was unable to get vaccinated due to previous adverse reactions and was advised not to be vaccinated by her doctor.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/...19-vaccination

Old 08-30-2021, 07:44 AM

7,244 posts, read 4,564,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
After years of satisfactory shared custody with her ex-husband, the judge revoked the mother's custody rights due to her refusal to get vaccinated. However, she was unable to get vaccinated due to previous adverse reactions and was advised not to be vaccinated by her doctor.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2021/8/...19-vaccination
arbitrary-or-capricious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies