Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2021, 10:35 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times

Advertisements

Pretty embarrassing when your own administration is deliberately keeping you out of sight, out of mind, and not allowing you to meet the press.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...g3g?li=BBnbfcL

Quote:
All of this helps explain why Harris has been taken off the field almost completely. Last week Harris was sent to Vietnam and Singapore amid the chaos in Afghanistan. When that trip was over, she stopped off in Hawaii to visit Pearl Harbor. Any Americans who wanted to hear why Harris supported the decision to pull U.S. forces out of Afghanistan last spring would have to wait, because the press was blocked from the event.

Since Harris took office, she has yet to hold even one formal press conference. Not one.

It's also been weeks since Harris sat down for a one-on-one interview. There's a reason for that: Her handlers seem to know there's very little upside in having her say anything unscripted on the crisis at the U.S. southern border, where the migrant numbers are at 20-year highs amid a pandemic.

If the White House thinks its strategy of keeping Harris out-of-sight, out-of-mind is working, they should think again. Because we haven't seen vice presidential approval numbers this low so early in an administration since Dan Quayle under George H.W. Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 10:43 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Wait a minute, didnt people say Harris was going to impose all sorts of tyrannical laws and restrictions once she was elected? I wonder what she is waiting for?

Old 08-30-2021, 11:03 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Pretty embarrassing when your own administration is deliberately keeping you out of sight, out of mind, and not allowing you to meet the press.

Yes, just like Barack kept Joe out of sight and gagged during his administration. I guess that is where Joe learned the technique.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:05 PM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Wait a minute, didnt people say Harris was going to impose all sorts of tyrannical laws and restrictions once she was elected? I wonder what she is waiting for?
Harris is the one that said that. Remember when she said she was going to use executive orders to take people's guns away? I guess she is waiting for Joe to croak, or be removed from office.

Old 08-31-2021, 04:55 AM

162 posts, read 60,524 times
Unfortunately, she will be the next president soon, more than likely.

I would wish that the people are seeing the lies the democratic party told in order to get elected. And the ongoing lies now.

But, it will still be a close election next time, unfortunately. Some people never learn, and do what they are told.

Old 08-31-2021, 04:57 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
She has not yet been elected to anything. VP is selected.

Old 08-31-2021, 04:59 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Quote:
She's waiting to become president. Then she will try to see that incompetent, lazy, or undisciplined people have the "same outcome" as capable, bright, hard-working, motivated people. That means the former won't even need to try, and the latter won't want to bother. (After all, why should I - grad degree, successful career that required 12 hours a day at points - work that hard if I will be lowered to the same level as a high school drop-out?)

Old 08-31-2021, 05:01 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,761 times
Harris was only selected to get the "woke" vote. She wont ever do nothing important as VP.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:02 AM

947 posts, read 297,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

It's what they did with Biden - kept him hidden in the basement the entire campaign - and it worked (thanks to the media). I guess they're taking the same approach with Cackles.

Old 08-31-2021, 05:06 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,523,517 times
Quote:
Well, she is waiting for the job obviously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies