Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2021, 08:23 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,888,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I never said LBJ was the Black man's friend. I am saying this. LBJ pushed the Civil Rights Act forward. Barry Goldwater, however, did not. Here is the thing. Barry Goldwater wasn't really the Black man's friend either. Here is the deal. The Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were two of the most important bills for Black people in the 20th century.

And I read your link. Even your source says it will never know for certain if LBJ said all of those things. This is the thing. Why would Black people vote for Barry Goldwater considering his lack of support for the Civil Rights Act of 1964?
Why did black people vote for democrats in the 1930s when the dems were the slave owners 55 years aqo and they were the klan in the 1930s? Why did blacks vote for the ones who bought us Jim Crow?
Better yet, why did the left support George Wallace in 1972? If he hadn't been shot he would have won the nomination.
Government handouts. A lot of people do, not just blacks. Same ole, same ole. Government hand picking the winners and losers.

Quote:
I also have to consider that we have people claiming "Blacks were better off in the 1950s". Based on a basic knowledge of American history, I consider that a big lie.
really? How many? 1? 2?
Because once again an extremely rarer than rare event allows you to deflect away from what is important.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-04-2021 at 08:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 08:26 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,002,895 times
It is happening everywhere, but being buried by the media. What about the golf pro murdered by a black man on a golf course. Hardly anyone mentioned it. In my town it is happening as well. A family of four left a restaurant on a Sunday night before 7pm and was attacked by two blacks. This is our new norm.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It sucks for all the black people (the vast majority) who DO NOT COMMIT CRIMES."

That kind of thinking is why we have such a big racism problem.

What ever happened to MLk's quote, "

MLK's "content of character" quote

January 20, 2013 / 5:34 PM / AP"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

I'm white and believe this 100%!

"most people will try to avoid young black males."

Depends on where you live.
Where is the big racism problem? Where do you see racism as being a big problem.

Old 09-04-2021, 08:29 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,635,165 times
Quote:
If nothing else, this is why I've voted 3rd party two elections in a row. I didn't buy the "vote for me, what do you have to lose" bit. I know alot of politicians don't care. I tend to expect that. Many people get into politics for money and power. Not saying all, because there are individuals who do good things.

What I see from some people are those trying to get me to vote for their candidate. I dealt with that during the 2016 election a few times. I started to consider that said persons were in it for themselves, and not because they cared about me. I'm not talking about politicians. I'm talking about regular people.

Whenever I come across threads like "why don't Blacks vote Republican" or "Blacks should vote Republican" or the like, I get suspicious. My question is this: Why do you want me to vote Republican and what will I get out of it that I don't already have?
I don't think they're trying to gain your vote, I just think they're seeing it differently than you might be seeing it and they're really questioning why any black person would vote Democrat. At least the ones who are asking. The ones who are posting what black folks 'should' be doing with their vote are just ignorant. You do what you want. I may be curious about it, I may voice my opinion about it, but in the end, it's your vote.

Old 09-04-2021, 11:30 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,796,632 times
One of the victims spoke to the news. Note that the news people never called the victims white and the attackers black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTQnbnKifZ4

Old 09-05-2021, 01:00 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,449,477 times
That guy was hammered and talking s***. He wasn't some poor innocent victim.

Old 09-05-2021, 01:17 AM

24,665 posts, read 9,487,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
It is happening everywhere, but being buried by the media. What about the golf pro murdered by a black man on a golf course. Hardly anyone mentioned it. In my town it is happening as well. A family of four left a restaurant on a Sunday night before 7pm and was attacked by two blacks. This is our new norm.
Democrats don’t care, as long as we blacks keeping voting for them, it doesn’t matter that we have a demographic in America disproportionately committing violent crime and that it often spills over into the innocent areas.

It started with the Great Society when Demcorats started subsidizing poor people to have kids they couldn’t afford to take care of. Now those kids grow up without 2 parents, then go on to have kids they plan to abandon, and the cycle continues.

Democrats own the black vote for about 6 decades and have never did a single damn thing to address crime.

Old 09-05-2021, 09:54 AM

16,565 posts, read 10,657,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
What about the second guy? What did he do to deserve his beatdown?

Old 09-05-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Only a weasel attacks and beats a drunk or someone drugged out. it's a gutless move.

Old 09-05-2021, 10:10 AM

73,064 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think they're trying to gain your vote, I just think they're seeing it differently than you might be seeing it and they're really questioning why any black person would vote Democrat. At least the ones who are asking. The ones who are posting what black folks 'should' be doing with their vote are just ignorant. You do what you want. I may be curious about it, I may voice my opinion about it, but in the end, it's your vote.
Well, growing up, I never questioned why any Black person would vote Democrat. Then again, I never asked alot of questions as far as who would vote for whom. I didn't care. What started to get me was why other individuals cared. It never occurred to me to ask. I never thought about it. It was when I got into my 20s, started coming to this website, that is when I noticed what others were thinking. It is when I got around some individuals who loved to argue about politics that I started noticing.

I know that it's my vote, my responsibility. However, during election cycles, I started thinking that many people don't feel that way.

As far as this thread goes, we have individuals blaming this on LBJ. People are blaming it on "Black people only vote Democrat because they want free stuff". I see alot of comments that are really stupid. My own research has showed me that high crime rates in Black ghettos, that is nothing new. It's been the case for the balance of the 20th century. The individuals who rioted during the 1960s, alot of them were born during the mid 1940s. Many, like Barry White, were migrants from states like Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, etc. That is why I can't blame it on LBJ, or on welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies