Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 10:37 PM

929 posts, read 399,648 times

Advertisements

Debbie Does Dallas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 10:41 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
On The Waterfront.

To Kill A Mockingbird.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:42 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryovilla View Post
debbie does dallas!
lol!

Old 09-02-2021, 10:43 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
First one that comes to mine for me is Forrest Gump.
Huh? People still love Forrest Gump, including millenials and gen Z. it's been on TV lately what feels like everyday. I (a young person) cooked for someone recently and watched it while we ate. Forrest Gump is an iconic movie that people still quote in 2021. No one has tried "cancelling" it...

Old 09-02-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Clerks - ???

Waterboy - ???

Beavis and Butthead Do America - is getting re-rebooted by Paramount for the new generation

Southpark: Bigger, Longer, Uncut - just got renewed for like 15 new seasons

Tommy Boy - ???

Joe Dirt - ???

Rainman - huh ??? because hes handicapped? A movie called Wonder came out recently and was a box office hit

Clueless - huh...people this day and age love Clueless...

Groundhog Day - huh...what is objectionable about Groundhog Day? Not only is it still on TV and in Netflix's popular section, its rated PG...

The Breakfast Club - ???

The Karate Kid - they literally just rebooted this 10 years ago and Cobra Kai is on currently on TV...

Back to the Future - no comment...

The Godfather I and II - huh, a classic

Goodfellas - huh, a classic

Aliens - Ridley Scott is still making Alien movies...Aliens is one of my favorite movies of all time. It is absolutely a movie that would be made today, which is why Scott insists to keep trying, and Fox is giving him the money
Really people...

Old 09-02-2021, 10:50 PM

362 posts, read 140,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Huh? People still love Forrest Gump, including millenials and gen Z. it's been on TV lately what feels like everyday. I (a young person) cooked for someone recently and watched it while we ate. Forrest Gump is an iconic movie that people still quote in 2021. No one has tried "cancelling" it...
I never said anyone tried to cancel it. It's a great movie, one of my favorites in fact. A leftist can make the argument that a white man profited over the success of a dead black man (Bubba). Things have been cancelled for less.

Old 09-02-2021, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I cannot believe no one has mentioned Steve Martin’s The Jerk.
Forgive me if I overlooked it.

Also, we watch King of the Hill almost every evening on Hulu. There is so much on that show that wouldn’t fly these days.
What a miserable pathetic time we live in.
I love the Jerk. It wouldn't be made today because Hollywood is losing creativity and also doesnt have draws like Steve Martin. It is not because he is a white man who calls himself black...

I also love King of the Hill and watch regularly on Hulu too. My generation did not grow up with KOTH, but we do indeed love it. KOTH has become big in millenial/gen z meme culture and Bobby is a favorite. If Fox decided to reboot KOTH, it would fly today. You are making it miserable.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetGlideSpecial View Post
I never said anyone tried to cancel it. It's a great movie, one of my favorites in fact. A leftist can make the argument that a white man profited over the success of a dead black man (Bubba). Things have been cancelled for less.
Give me a break with the "leftist" BS. People in 202, regardless of what race or political lean they are, still love Forrest Gump, period. As on fire as the world is right now, it's one of those movies that allows you to tune all that out and feel good. You are trying to invent a scenario that does not exist, for no real reason.

If you were talking about the restaurant on the other hand, sure.

Old 09-02-2021, 11:12 PM

397 posts, read 319,758 times
Pretty Baby
Tropic Thunder
American Beauty
Blazing Saddles
Leon: The Professional
Lolita
Eyes Wide Shut
Juwanna Mann
Pulp Fiction
Ace Ventura

Old 09-02-2021, 11:15 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
I love the Jerk. It wouldn't be made today because Hollywood is losing creativity and also doesnt have draws like Steve Martin. It is not because he is a white man who calls himself black...
Yeah, nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies