Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 09:25 AM

38,648 posts, read 26,421,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So do you want women put to death who get abortions or just life in prison?

I would keep the prison cells available for the providers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 09:37 AM

18,470 posts, read 7,110,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
You say this is a serious question, but it doesn't seem like one.

Liberals and conservatives alike are varying types of people. With that said, yes, liberals do care about people. The majority of us were against the war in Afghanistan from the start, as many of us were concerned about the human cost of war. The 13 servicemen/women who died are case in point and quite frankly, it is extremely heartbreaking. May they rest in peace.

Not all liberals agree with abortion, but there is a lot of debate about when life begins. I believe it should be up to the woman carrying the fetus to make that choice and I have no business mandating healthcare decisions for them. What blows my mind is that conservatives often decry access to contraceptives and family planning resources and abortion, but seem to forget about the child as soon as it is born by favoring policies that limit access to nutritious food (food stamps), proper housing, quality education, etc.

The fact that Republicans even call themselves pro life is laughable. More like pro forcing a woman to have a baby, but the baby's life after birth be damned. And even more ironically, many Republicans use the "my body, my choice" argument when refusing to wear masks and refusing to get vaccinated, while knowingly and willingly increasing the potential of infecting their fellow citizens with a potentially deadly pandemic virus. Don't even get me started on climate change and the denial by conservatives how their reckless ideologies may actually cause very real harm and damage to other human beings if we don't get a handle on this, and fast. Conservatives also seem unconcerned about the rampant gun violence that is plaguing this country and don't even seem willing to negotiate on simple steps like increased background checks and limiting the purchase of assault weapons.

The crazy thing is that many Republicans are too blind to see through their naked hypocrisy. Yes, in the current era, liberals seem to care much more about human life than anything I am seeing coming out of conservatives at the moment.

If conservatives start getting vaccinated at the rates of liberals in order to stop this pandemic, let's revisit this obviously misguided question.

Can you actually quote a Conservative "decrying access to contraception and family planning"?

Note:

Abortion isn't "family planning".....it's the result of exactly the opposite.

And not wanting our taxes to pay for your birth control isn't "decrying access to contraception".

Old 09-03-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Like I just told Grlzrl, Republicans don't want to do anything to promote the importance of engaging in personal responsibility, so you can get ahead in life, rather than stuck in a low income lifestyle with possible drug addiction and felonies.

Every county in America (most anyway) have a community college where anyone desiring a better job can develop skills that make it possible to get one.

The cost is negligible and lots of financial aid is available to anyone that needs it.

There is nothing Republicans can do to motivate those working in **** jobs to take advantage of the resources available if they would rather spend their available time smoking weed and playing video games.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
They don't believe in the nanny state, but support telling women that they can not have access to safe abortion (yes, women will have abortions regardless, as they have throughout history). That doesn't even touch the other points I brought up that you ignored about taking care of a child's welfare and safety after they are born.

You are pro birth, not pro life. I can't take anyone with this stance seriously when they have the audacity to say they believe in small or limited government

Every abortion involves at least one fatality.

I wouldn't describe it as "safe."

Old 09-03-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
But I know of nothing that Republicans are trying to do to promote low income people to engage in personal responsibility, so they can stay off drugs and prosper in life. Further more, most Republicans are certainly strongly opposed to young people in high school learning about sexually responsible behavior by getting informed about the various means of birth control whenever a baby isn't desired.
Source?

Old 09-03-2021, 11:07 AM

828 posts, read 418,038 times
https://nypost.com/2021/08/31/mom-of...ok-censorship/

This is how Liberals control most media. This one time they got caught.

Old 09-03-2021, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Liberals are just about as selective when it comes to the value of human life as Conservatives are and it is really sad.

They both take stances and make a stink to push their own agenda's and to garner votes.

Of course a woman should have the Right to choose the very personal option of an abortion. It is ugly business and the politicians should stay out of it.

We would all be better off if the politicians stayed out of much of our daily life. Trump was trying to reduce the Federal footprint on our daily lives by handing responsibilities back to the individual states and the Left threw a nutty. Biden would have the Feds run our lives from the cradle to the grave and worse the Left would have us align ourselves with the world order.

It is easy to move to another state but try moving to another country to escape the tyranny of the Federal jack boot on your neck.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are in it for themselves and I don't think they really care about anyone's life.
It's ugly business because it involves killing a child.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:36 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,677,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I would keep the prison cells available for the providers.
So that leaves pregnant women more than ever resorting to doing self managed abortions by using abortion inducing drugs.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:58 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,135,936 times
Quote:
Do liberals value human life?
Only when the human life is fully in agreeance with all aspects of their political and personal ideology & fundamentals. Example: "Guilty until proven innocent" is how the liberals roll today. I live in a liberal/democrat area. I worked for companies in the past who would use information on applications to look up prospective employees on facebook. The in-house policy & procedure was "if they don't have a facebook account, they can't be trusted" thus they would not move forward in the hiring process on such individual's who didn't have or HR couldn't find an individuals fb account. Like that famous line in The Matrix goes - "Welcome to the real world".

An unborn baby is viewed by liberals the same way. If they knew for sure the baby would grow up to fully be in agreeance with all aspects of their political and personal ideology & fundamentals, they'd not terminate.

Old 09-03-2021, 03:08 PM

21,976 posts, read 9,552,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
That is not true, and a quick google search will tell you that. Those claims have no physical evidence and are full of video manipulation and deceptive editing and buzzwords, and that goes against congressional laws that were passed decades ago.

Conservatives are hellbent on making sure the baby is born, but then will defund PP who is who will help the mother with pre and post-natal care. You want to see the baby through to 9 months right? That is what PP helps the woman with...much moreso than any old conservative male politician will do.

Yes they do also offer a---tions, but, a---tions are not given out like candy, they are physically and mentally scarring, and PP, like everyone else, would rather prevent unwanted pregnancies in the first place, or help the woman see it through to 9 months. But "conservative" politicians, the same politicians who demand their mistresses have a---tions, hinder that by blocking funding.

Conservatives love to say "if you cant handle a baby or dont want it, dont have one"...that is what PP is for. They provide birth control and contraceptives, STD tests and prescriptions, ultrasounds, reproductive services, mental heath help, financial help, and reproductive and sex education. They do basically everything for pregnant women but offer a lamaze class. And again, you dont have to be a woman. Men can get cheap/free STD tests from PP. They are not a fetal part factory no matter how much narrow minded people try to scream that. There is no proof and it goes against the law. That is just big gov nonsense from the "party of small gov" that someone came up with the try to defund them completely without understanding what they actually do. It does nothing but put women and their fetuses in more danger.

Conservatives do not value human life anymore than liberals, not in the slightest, but they do value profit and ideology and control. The moment that kid is out, the care and concern for them ends and scrutiny and shame of the parent(s) begins. "Whyd you bring a kid in this world you cant handle!"....um, you forced them to...
Irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies