Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Biden supporters want to ban all guns?
Yes 51 59.30%
No 35 40.70%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2021, 04:22 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A national poll, by the way, shows that the majority of Americans, both Republican and Democrat, want some form of gun control.

Any time we have a Democratic President, the NRA (which has an 8 story building in Washington DC for propaganda/lobbying) strikes unnecessary fear in Americans that their guns are going to be taken away. The NRA has been doing this for decades, and they laugh all the way to the bank.

There are some people who have no business owning a gun! And who would not disagree with that!!!
You already have gun control laws. Just enforce the laws you have and keep guns out of criminals hands.

Very simple.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:24 PM

37,219 posts, read 19,225,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Do Biden supporters want to ban guns?
Why would I want to ban guns? I have been a gun owner since 1958, worked as a gunsmith for four years, and hunted deer and hogs for nearly fifty.

I would imagine I currently own more guns than you do.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:27 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Default Dems shun reality in pursuit of theory, innocent lives lost are a willing price to pay

the plan is to achieve the theoretical goal which states, 'no guns, no gun violence'

The dems continue to propose and pass ankle biting restrictions which will accumulate to a point where owning a firearm will be financially and legislatively prohibitive. The snowfalke strategy... little flakes add up to a blizzard.

They can say, 'we don;t want to take your guns away"....'we just will make firearm ownership so burdensome, you will willingly give up your guns.

This explains why all the gun laws to date have no impact on gun/gang violence. It is not realy gun violence of which we speak, it is uncontrollable societal violence which laws cannot touch. Makes elected officials look weak and useless, so they go after firearm possession, which lawbreakers simply ignore.

To achieve this theoretical goal of no private gun ownership, Dems have determined that the death of innocent children and bystanders is a willing price to pay as they wait for useless legislation to accumulate.

Many democrats are gun owners and do not subscribe to the party's efforts to eliminate private gun ownership.

Meanwhile dems have opened the southern border to welcome in violent gang members and force police to quit, which results in a war zone body count in inner cities..... these actions will hopefully accelerate the accumulation of ineffective laws in pursuit of the theoretical goal of no gun, no gun violence.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:38 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
No more than Trump supporters want to ban abortion. That is, in word and not in deed.
WTF does that have to do anything?

You know that threads have topics, don't you?

Or are you just in "abortion" mode right now, finding a reason to inject it into everything you talk about?

Being obsessed to the point of seeing a thing in every other thing is suggestive of something going goofy in your mind, btw. Might want to back off of social media for a while.

Old 09-02-2021, 04:43 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I would imagine I currently own more guns than you do.
Would you imagine that you currently own more guns than I do? Since you're tossing out complete guesses, may as well include everyone. Do you think you have more than Kracer, or Rakin, or Dave_n_Tenn, too?

Seriously, though, that's quite an assumption to make, unless you have a bona fide large collection. I track mine with software I purchased for the task. The spreadsheet started to become unmanageable. Do you have more guns than that?

Old 09-02-2021, 05:04 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,997 times
I don’t.

Some do.

There is a range of beliefs. That’s how it works.

Not all conservatives agree with the exact same gun restrictions do they? Some want absolutely none and some are cool with certain restrictions.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:10 PM

13,286 posts, read 8,463,474 times
Have the amount of guns per adult as they have thumbs. Real simple criteria. Followed by rationale mental health check..
Every year go get tested for renewal to own/operate..
People's physical health/mental health may change..
This is a lethal weapon. So why not be as serious about owner operation as you are with the life(s) this apparatus is utilized to protect or tbh, kill..

For 'hunters'- noooo comment.

Old 09-02-2021, 05:19 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
the NRA was hijacked in the 70s away from traditional "hunting" folks and are now aligned with business interests...

no amount of local control will work as countless repubs have always mentioned, a national legal structure is needed and republican are the supposed champions of states rights so we have a no-win situation here

Old 09-02-2021, 05:29 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,612,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
You already have gun control laws. Just enforce the laws you have and keep guns out of criminals hands.

Very simple.
The problem with this is that a good chunk of the GOP wants to repeal as many sensible gun laws as possible, such as criminal background checks for unlicensed sales. For instance, this happened in Missouri and they saw their violent crime rate a result.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30969945/

Old 09-02-2021, 05:32 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,372,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
No house chores to do today?

Around here we can buy guns second hand and there will never be a record of it be sold. From there; disappears.

Stuff like that has to change.

And I’m sure I own more guns than Grlzrl.
Only if the seller agrees. Many sellers still insist on photographing a bill of sale.

I'm sure as hell not selling you a gun like you claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies