Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 11:53 AM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
They hung nooses, and changed about going after Nancy, Pence, and others. Are you denying that happened, or suggesting that it was fabricated video? Or sincerely didn't know that?
Then why didn't they? People with a blood lust such as that probably would have gone after anyone who was handy if they'd failed to get their desired targets. They hung no one and never even tried to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2021, 12:17 PM

938 posts, read 424,288 times
Always love these what if time wasting posts. What if the moon crashes into earth?

Old 09-03-2021, 12:33 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
They hung nooses, and changed about going after Nancy, Pence, and others. Are you denying that happened, or suggesting that it was fabricated video? Or sincerely didn't know that?
So you don't have a link? No reputable news source with a quote?

Because, be honest. If they wanted to actually go after them, they would have. It's not like anyone set out to go lynch Pelosi and said "Darn it....I can't take my gun today..."

Old 09-03-2021, 12:41 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Polluted Pelosi has a tempest in a teapot but is trying to promote her narrative of patriots being violent so she can destroy the opposition and consolidate Dem power.

The only people with weapons were the police, Antifa, FBI agents/assets (fake MAGA). Only one person got shot and it was a small, female veteran. Patriots, conservatives are not violent as a group, unlike the Leftists who riot at the drop of a hat (some don't even wait for the hat to drop)! It's obvious when you look at the evidence. Facts, not feeeeeelings.

The Deep State is planning another false flag on 9/11 so do NOT go to any memorials unless you want to get arrested for trespassing and held in prison for nearly a year without trial. Political prisoners aren't just in Russia or China.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:45 PM

3,989 posts, read 6,577,840 times
Why are only gun-owing Americans "Patriotic Americans"?

I didn't realize you have to own a gun it order to be considered a patriot, but thanks for the newsflash.

Old 09-03-2021, 12:45 PM

23,598 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
So you don't have a link? No reputable news source with a quote?

Because, be honest. If they wanted to actually go after them, they would have. It's not like anyone set out to go lynch Pelosi and said "Darn it....I can't take my gun today..."
Maybe he was talking about the nooses, and signs, found hanging from the trees on the Capitol grounds?
https://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/20...ol-nooses.html

Oh wait, these were found in 2018. Probably placed there by lefties who wanted to hang U.S. Senator Cindy Hyde-Smith? What if these people who wanted to hang her had taken guns with them, too? Right?

Old 09-03-2021, 01:09 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
Note that I'm only asking the patriotic ones. My belief is that MOST people who support gun rights are patriotic, so please don't read something different into that.

My question is this:
What do you think the outcome of the 1/6 "incident" (avoiding "insurrection", call it what you want) would have have been if Guns were openly allowed at the 1/6 Rally at the capitol?

You can see why I am specifically asking Patriotic people. Obviously, for those who openly believe the only path is to overthrow our government, they'd want more guns there to achieve their goals. I don't need to ask that question.

But for everyone else. Whether you believe the election was stolen or not. Whether you believe Trump wanted Chaos or that he tried to avoid it, whether you support Trump, Biden, someone else, or nobody, let's have a serious discussion about what might have happened if a large percentage of people at the capitol on that day were armed with handguns, rifles, shotguns or other firearms.

And to be totally transparent: The point I'm getting to is that "some restrictions" make sense to me. I THINK it would have been worse if many of those people were armed. I understand that HOW MANY restrictions is still a very subjective topic, and won't be agreed upon.

But for now, what do you think would have happened if those people were legally armed on that day, in that place, in that situation?

Discuss.... (Try not to attack me, I'm asking for a discussion. If you disagree with anything said here, "fine", but be civil and I'll try to do the same.)
Nothing. It would not have been any different. Most of them were QAnon idiots, or boomers (or both). What happened on that day has been blown ridiculously out of proportion. I suppose the idiots in the MSM didn't bother to show you these 'horrible' people casually walking past the police - one even asked if they were allowed to go in there, and the police barely mumbled 'no', but not a damn one of those cops spoke up loudly saying, 'You can't come in here!' The police were simply allowing them to come in.

Or maybe they didn't show you how the majority of them were walking between the ropes, strolling around, not even causing any issues. They simply walked in, calmly, and then stood there, calmly. Then, someone in the crowd told everyone to go back outside. A chunk of them were still in the building, by the door, because people went outside, and then stood there right at the opening, making it impossible for those still inside to come back outside.

And then you had a little 'team' of them who decided to go down some hallway, and you had one person who decided that closed doors with chairs and whatever else in front of them was not a good enough sign that hey, maybe you should not bust through the window and try to climb in there.

We all know what happened to her.

But, the MAJORITY of them weren't doing anything. The majority who showed up for the rally didn't even go inside. Of those who went inside, the majority of those didn't do jack spit.

It was a handful of morons, not all being actual Trump supporters, who did stupid things like put their feet on Pelosi's desk, or take a letter or whatever it was they took, or a couple of idiots going into one of the rooms used by Congress - and they did what, exactly, while they were in there? They...get this...SAT down.

Wow. How dangerous.

There were some idiots climbing up walls, and some idiots pushing their way through, but I don't for a second think they were all 'Trump supporters', or even a majority of them.

There was a flyer going around online, in red and yellow - looked like a flyer from Communist China, not something a 'God fearing, pick up truck driving hayseed' who loves America would ever print out. No patriot would EVER use those colors on a flyer. Pantifa would, or some other useless ensemble of stench ridden twits on the left. They absolutely would.

The flyer was going around, and people were warned - don't go there, this is a massive set up, long before the day of the event.

I don't think anything different would have happened by any Trump supporter - and I mean a real one, not some ahole wearing what he thinks a Trump supporter would wear - cause there were some phonies there, and they were easy to pick out.

See, on that day, I had a feeling something was going to happen BECAUSE of that Communist China looking flyer. And I used to go a channel on DLive - the person running the channel is...really good at getting footage in various places. He's even posed as antifa himself, and videod them, without them knowing, during their Brianna Taylor marches.

So, on January 6th, 2021, I watched the entire events, from multiple camera angles, because the room I was in on DLive had cameras up all over the place.

I'll bet the useless MSM didn't bother to show you multiple camera angles at the same time. (And when I say 'multiple', I mean, over 20 running at the same time on the screen.) Because the majority of what was going on was mild and rather boring.

But, what is the point of the 'what if' game, when you have a propaganda machine convincing everyone that it was 'dangerous' and people's lives were 'threatened', and telling people that every last one of them was a Trump supporter, and that Trump told them to do it.

What is the point?

The propaganda machine wrote their story, the brain dead who never even try to think for themselves, never ask questions, never use any type of critical thinking, ever, WANT it to be what the media told them, instead of what it really was.

If those people truly wanted to cause a serious problem, they would have done so, and you all would know what a true 'insurrection' is.

But, they didn't do that.

By the way, I can guarantee you that Trump supporters all over the country:

a) do not look like what you think a Trump supporter looks like

and

b) are concealed carrying right next to you, and you would never know it.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:16 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Why are only gun-owing Americans "Patriotic Americans"?

I didn't realize you have to own a gun it order to be considered a patriot, but thanks for the newsflash.
It's my understanding that a new definition of patriotic is anarchy. Take back the country ranters.

As to what most likely would have happened is lifeless bodies within the building..bring a gun , take a life. That's my perspective of this new ' patriot'. Few actually respect this history of what brought us to a civilized nation. Which is why I cannot fathom rushing a federal building thinking YOU had a right to break doors, break glass, climb in thru windows, hit officers.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:30 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
I think they were screened pretty heavily. Pretty sure they would have been caught and stopped. No?

You mean the way the Bolsheviks were caught and stopped?

1/6 was a lot of things, but an insurrection wasn't one of them.

Old 09-03-2021, 02:06 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Both of you are dodging the question. I did not ask for a comparison, and I went out of my way to state I was not calling it an insurrection. This is not about "were they right or not".

The question remains, simply: If guns were allowed at the Capitol Gathering on 1/6, how do you think it would have turned out? For instance, would those Americans who stormed and looted the Capitol have achieved their stated goal of murdering US Congresspersons? This is why I'm asking Patriotic Americans.

My belief is that it would have potentially ended in the death of elected officials, and quite honestly could have been the catalyst for a civil war. A war that many UNPATRIOTIC Americans have expressed a desire for.

But the question is what do YOU ALL think would have happened?
Had the crowd in DC that day been fully armed to the last man and woman I believe another "shot heard round the world" may have happened. As with the fist one who fired that shot would not have mattered in the end. Blood would have been spilled in profusion and it is quite possibe that the Capitol would have been in the hands of the mob. Whilst I understand the sentiment that thinks that to be a good thing by the same token I understand the sentiment that drove the Confederacy as well. That does not mean in any way that I feel a victorious mob on 1/6 would have been any better than a victorious Confederacy in the 1860's.

It does seem that petition for redress of grievances was put forth on 1/6 and not fairly heard. But I would rather not see resorting to armed action for those grievances to be fairly heard. My PATRIOTIC sense of self does not support an armed and aggressive action as a first line of action. And I also feel that armed presence should NOT be used to threaten or cajole. Having such a presence means to me that it will be used and the time for talk is over. If trying to be heard fairly on the floors of congress is denied then perhaps it's time to come back later as an armed force.

I believe in the laws of our country and the rights we have under those laws. An armed assembly put forth as a protest I cannot abide. Personally, I do not bring my arms out unless all else has failed and at that point those arms WILL be used. They are not for show. I do not brandish, I issue no warnings. If my guns are out they will be used. That also is my PATRIOTIC sense of self.

Had the mob in DC been fully armed that day i cannot envision any ending that ends well. And my patriotic spirit does not have me looking to my guns as a first option to present a legitimate grievance to the federal government. Though it seems at times that is all they will be swayed by. The frustration with the government is something I do understand to my core.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies