Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 04:01 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
It’s already been well established that you can get it more than once. I’m not sure if it’s a different variant each time you get it, but I am 100% positive you can get it more than once.
It has not been established in a scientifically rigorous manner that anyone has actually had covid twice. All of the reports are anecdotal. Here are a few of the explanations for why these reports are very likely wrong in the vast majority of these incidents:
  1. The tests are notorious for generating false positives and various results when taken repeatedly over a short time.
  2. The symptoms of this virus are remarkably similar to the flu for most people who get it, at least the ones who have any symptoms at all. That is a fact.
  3. There is also the possibility that some people who reported having had covid twice (without that being confirmed in a scientifically rigorous manner) could have just not gotten over their initial bout with it in some cases.
  4. Another explanation is that some people may have sufficiently compromised and weak immune systems that they are not capable of mounting a vigorous immunity response.
  5. And we also know that dead virus fragments can linger in the body thus producing positive test results in those who previously had the virus

These are just a few of the explanations why these anecdotal reports are very likely not reliable indicators of the typical or the expected immunity response to this virus.

It is remarkable to me that people like you who posture and pretend to be big believers in science, really either do not know what science is, or you do not truly care about the scientific veracity of these sorts of questions at all.

There has been NO scientifically rigorous research done that supports the conjecture that people can typically (in anything other than very rare instances) get covid twice.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:02 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,311,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

However, he has had covid - pre-inoculation - so he has natural immunity and therefore should not be fooling around with these shots for himself anyway.
Because Trump took monoclonal antibodies, he is much less likely to have natural antibodies from when he had Covid. This is because the synthetic monoclonal antibodies attacked the virus rather than his body creating the antibodies to fight it. The monoclonals only last for a short period and they are gone. He does have natural antibodies produced due to the vaccine. But he has fewer natural antibodies specific to his covid positive illness, due to the monoclonal treatment.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:05 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,528,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Because Trump took monoclonal antibodies, he is much less likely to have natural antibodies from when he had Covid. This is because the synthetic monoclonal antibodies attacked the virus rather than his body creating the antibodies to fight it. The monoclonals only last for a short period and they are gone. He does have the vaccine though. But fewer natural antibodies from his actual covid positive, due to the monoclonal treatment.
Well, that is a very interesting observation. Well done.

Still, with that confluence of events - covid, monoclonal antibodies, and then the inoculation - there is already too much going on there. And the "vaccines" not only do not work like they are supposed to, but the longer term effects of them and the boosters are unknown.

If Trump were to be re-exposed at his age, it seems likely that he would do the monoclonal antibodies again, yes?

Old 09-04-2021, 04:19 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,446 times
He probably didn't even need the first one because he has antibodies from recovering.

Old 09-04-2021, 04:19 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times
Quote:
Natural immunity to this type of virus typically lasts a very long time and is very frequently lifelong.
Then why are we seeing people get reinfected? I know of several people that have had it twice.

I'm sure the second infection is likely less severe, but that's also what the vaccines accomplish.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:10 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Quote:
It has not been established in a scientifically rigorous manner that anyone has actually had covid twice. All of the reports are anecdotal. Here are a few of the explanations for why these reports are very likely wrong in the vast majority of these incidents:
  1. The tests are notorious for generating false positives and various results when taken repeatedly over a short time.
  2. The symptoms of this virus are remarkably similar to the flu for most people who get it, at least the ones who have any symptoms at all. That is a fact.
  3. There is also the possibility that some people who reported having had covid twice (without that being confirmed in a scientifically rigorous manner) could have just not gotten over their initial bout with it in some cases.
  4. Another explanation is that some people may have sufficiently compromised and weak immune systems that they are not capable of mounting a vigorous immunity response.
  5. And we also know that dead virus fragments can linger in the body thus producing positive test results in those who previously had the virus

These are just a few of the explanations why these anecdotal reports are very likely not reliable indicators of the typical or the expected immunity response to this virus.

It is remarkable to me that people like you who posture and pretend to be big believers in science, really either do not know what science is, or you do not truly care about the scientific veracity of these sorts of questions at all.

There has been NO scientifically rigorous research done that supports the conjecture that people can typically (in anything other than very rare instances) get covid twice.

The CDC says it can happen. Just because you’re willing to deny the possibility doesn’t mean it can’t happen. I had it in 8/20 and 6/21. I’m 100% it happened. I was also vaccinated in between the two infections.

http://https://www.cdc.gov/coronavir...infection.html

Old 09-04-2021, 05:16 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
Oh look a study, one of many.

Quote:
These findings suggest that among persons with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, full vaccination provides additional protection against reinfection. Among previously infected Kentucky residents, those who were not vaccinated were more than twice as likely to be reinfected compared with those with full vaccination. All eligible persons should be offered vaccination, including those with previous SARS-CoV-2 infection, to reduce their risk for future infection.

http://https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volu...r/mm7032e1.htm

Old 09-04-2021, 05:17 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,426,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
A lot of people feel that way that I talked to. I know more vaccinated people that don't want a 3rd injection than I do unvaccinated. Not sure I'll get a 3rd injection because I really had misgivings about getting the first.
Maybe there is a cumulative effect, and maybe the more of these vaccines you get the more chance of serious side effects.

I don't know of any other vaccine that was recommended more than once a year. And considering long term effects are still unknown, it seems reckless.

Old 09-04-2021, 05:20 PM

8,226 posts, read 3,426,662 times
Quote:
Natural immunity to this type of virus typically lasts a very long time and is very frequently lifelong.
So WHY are people who already had covid being told to get a vaccine anyway?

Old 09-04-2021, 05:21 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,796,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
So WHY are people who already had covid being told to get a vaccine anyway?
Pfizer's EPS?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies