Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 04:39 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,888,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
OP,
So what were the reasons for cousin not getting vaccinated?
The vaccine is so amazing that 59% hospitalized in Israel are fully vaccinated.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.co...udy-finds.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 04:39 PM

13,658 posts, read 10,059,388 times
I’ve been in hospital in the US and in hospital in Oz, for the same condition.

Let’s just say that the hospital experience in the US (at least in the two major cities I was in at the time) is a profoundly unpleasant experience at the best of times, before Covid.

My experience with the staff was that in the whole they were rushed, impatient, rude, and not particularly compassionate.

I’ve had one miscarriage and one live birth in Los Angeles hospitals. I won’t tell you about the miscarriage, and how they handled it - it’s pretty graphic - but suffice to say I had one nurse who was absolutely brutal and scathing in her judgment that it must have been my fault. But both experiences were absolutely sub par and traumatic.

This kind of experience is not limited to Covid patients and pre dates the pandemic.

No offence meant to all the great staff out there. Unfortunately I didn’t encounter many of them, in big city hospitals.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:40 PM

31,846 posts, read 17,706,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Doctors and nurses are dealing with "compassion fatigue."

They worked long hours getting through the first surge, and now are being asked to do it again,
Perhaps they should start dancing and singing and posting their routines online again.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:40 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,016,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
This seems HIGHLY questionable...

How did he know he had COVID? Why did he wait 10 days to go to the hospital?

What Hospital? How long was he in the Hospital? Was this the ER or an actual Hospital Room?

I have never heard of anyone being LOCKED in a hospital room, unless they were a danger to themselves or others, but then it is usually more than just being locked in a room.

What sort of pain killer is he getting for pneumonia?
The hospital was in Indiana. He had tested positive earlier. He had to go to the hospital 2x's because he was throwing up for 10x days straight. He could not keep anything down. So he had to get the IV .

Excuse my language of locked, but being hooked up to IVs and machines while you are throwing up in a room is basically being locked in it.

He did not tell me what exactly the scripts were but 2x pain killer and 1x for the pneumonia .

He is still recovering at this point, but fever is gone/puking is gone.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:43 PM

24,428 posts, read 12,982,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yes.

Since we will all be picking up part of the tab for his hospital bill via increased insurance premiums or government reimbursement to hospitals, and while he is occupying a bed in the ED, others are sitting in the waiting room.
So?

We do the same with those that drink, smoke, over eat, have unprotected sex, crash their cars, do stupid stuff like the silly challenges, etc. We even pick up the tab for illegals who are "occupying a bed in the ED, others are sitting in the waiting room".

Old 09-07-2021, 04:44 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,888,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Amazing how a sizable portion of otherwise rational people have decided that the medical profession is now the enemy. Only to turn around and whine how the same professionals seem not to like them, once it's their turn to need O2.
The Medical "profession" is becoming more and more of a joke in America.

There are some excellent doctors, nurses and hospitals but more and more in America are just getting into it for the fortunes they make and it shows.

Hardly any hospital beds per-capita, extremely high nurse and physician wages which means very, very few physicians per-capita.

Biologic medications that cause delay the inevitable while causing costs to surge.

There is excellent healthcare to be found but it is few and far between.

https://www.healthsystemtracker.org/...opulation-2018

Old 09-07-2021, 04:46 PM

47,069 posts, read 26,179,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
The vaccine is so amazing that 59% hospitalized in Israel are fully vaccinated.
You do understand that the higher proportion of vaccinated people there are, the higher the proportion of breakthrough cases will be, right?

Old 09-07-2021, 04:50 PM

51,706 posts, read 25,999,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You do understand that the higher proportion of vaccinated people there are, the higher the proportion of breakthrough cases will be, right?
About 80% of Israel is fully vaccinated.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:51 PM

51,706 posts, read 25,999,352 times
So strange that those who don't trust medical science enough to get vaccinated, hot foot it to the nearest hospital when they get Covid and then complain about the care.

He got oxygen, an IV, medication but is complaining that he didn't get the attention he so richly deserved.

Get a grip.

Old 09-07-2021, 04:53 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,926,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
My cousin recently caught covid. He said he was throwing up non-stop for 10 days and also had Pneumonia. He said he went to the hospital and was in the room. They asked him if he was vaccinated... when he said no. The healthcare worker's demeanor completely changed. He said "well i don't have to go through what you are because IM VACCINATED" . When are you people going to learn...

He said he was locked in a room for hours, no blanket, nobody checked on him, and even when his o2 machine went off... Nobody came.....

Literally said it was living hell.

They gave him nothing besides painkillers and something for the Pneumonia.

Sounds like these hospitals are basically refusing care for the un-vaccinated and trying to intentionally kill people. Seems like they are being political at this point.

This is insane.
Welp, everyone was warned....

It's not political, at this point unless you have a good reason (Allergy/Complications) you shouldn't expect a warm welcome. These Healthcare workers are beat. And your cousin is contributing to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies