Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 04:44 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,970,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Why the need to isolate partisan politics to just the right? I'm not sure if you were old enough then, but do realize that former governors like Janet Napolitano (along with then governors of CA, NM, and TX) begged the feds to reimburse the states for costs associated with illegal immigration? That was until she was appointed Sec. of Homeland Security by Obama when suddenly, the border was never more safe and secure than it was at that moment...and that reimbursement request went out the window or at least was then passed off to Jan Brewer which is partially how SB1070 came into play. Liberals are self-serving liars and hypocrites and have no room to be calling others the same.
What does that have to deal with the right gaslighting us about the election being stolen? All this post is, is an example of the red herring fallacy at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 04:51 PM

57,410 posts, read 26,363,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Then the audits will prove that there is no election fraud. Nothing to worry about.
I don't think so since this is September and all the audits are either complete or they found nothing. This entire thread is based on a claims by election conspiracy theories, not facts. Which audits besides nutty AZ is still in progress and even if true what would be the result.

Old 09-09-2021, 04:53 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,165,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Hillary was gracious enough not to stir up the pot and falsely call the election for Trump a fraud.
Wait - WHAT?!!

LOL

Old 09-09-2021, 06:08 PM

8,655 posts, read 10,190,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
What does that have to deal with the right gaslighting us about the election being stolen? All this post is, is an example of the red herring fallacy at work.
Thanks for the lecture in regards to what I write about, but I won't stop you from choosing to slap a label on it if you so desire. I was speaking specifically about your ridiculous badgering of AZ politicians on the right and calling them out as partisan hacks. In return, I gave you a perfect example of leftist partisan politics at work that apparently you tend to ignore, but turn around and label my post as an example of red herring fallacy as your responding post above has nothing to do with my previous post. I'm sure you understood exactly what I was asserting when I called out liberals for being liars and hypocrites. Intellegisne?

Old 09-10-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
You dont even need to wait on the audits. It was proven back in November when the Trump administration could provide no proof and Trump appointed judges threw it out.

The article is the literal definition of fake news in the name of ad revenue.
Yep. The Trump supporters claim there is fraud but either a, cannot find hard proof or b, are too foolish not to say Trump and his circle are full of crap because he's gaslight them. Many on here when asked Resort to using the red herring fallacy by bringing up Biden policy A or Democrat B.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Thanks for the lecture in regards to what I write about, but I won't stop you from choosing to slap a label on it if you so desire. I was speaking specifically about your ridiculous badgering of AZ politicians on the right and calling them out as partisan hacks. In return, I gave you a perfect example of leftist partisan politics at work that apparently you tend to ignore, but turn around and label my post as an example of red herring fallacy as your responding post above has nothing to do with my previous post. I'm sure you understood exactly what I was asserting when I called out liberals for being liars and hypocrites. Intellegisne?
If you are able to say how any of that red herring is tied to the audit, I might answer you.

As for your claims toward me, I never "badgered" AZ politicians, just that I cannot consider any that voted to overturn the election because they didn't agree with the result. Mind you, it nearly happened in 2018 over the Sinema win for U.S. Senate. Any political that doesn't accept the results of an election without probable cause, I'm sorry but I cannot vote for them in good conscience. That isn't badgering them.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:02 AM

4,568 posts, read 4,115,904 times
So a Republican governor and Republican dominated legislature allowed 2 democratic Senators and Biden to win……

Given Republican voter suppression, gerrymandering efforts and the fact that they are the party that has stolen an election (see Bush v Gore 2000), they just let the Dems win???

Highly doubtful.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
So a Republican governor and Republican dominated legislature allowed 2 democratic Senators and Biden to win……

Given Republican voter suppression, gerrymandering efforts and the fact that they are the party that has stolen an election (see Bush v Gore 2000), they just let the Dems win???

Highly doubtful.
So it couldn't be that McSally and Trump weren't unpopular?

Old 09-10-2021, 08:44 AM

22,017 posts, read 9,596,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Anyone with an IQ over 70 who watched the farce that was Election Week in 2020 knows it was fraudulent.
I still haven't heard any rational explanation for vote tallies for Trump declining on live TV.

Old 09-10-2021, 08:45 AM

8,443 posts, read 7,460,075 times
There's an Associated Press news article out in the past 24 hours, discussing the "Grassroots Canvass Report" from Liz Harris.

It quotes Stanford University political science professor Justin Grimmer, who points out that the large numbers published by the report are projected from a non-random sampling from only 4,750 voters in a few voting precincts. "From the description in the report, it is clear that this was not a random sample". Grimmer also said that even if it was random, certain areas were oversampled, and the authors didn’t take into account that the people who responded to the canvassers were likely different than those who didn’t respond.

Tammy Patrick, a senior advisor at the Democracy Fund and a former Maricopa County elections official, pointed out that the sampling also didn't adjust for people who didn't actually vote but who would claim so when asked. Per Patrick, "Voters will over-report their participation in light of social pressure to demonstrate actions that they perceive as socially desirable."

In addition Patrick pointed out that some of the so-called "ghost votes" failed to take into account that people on active military duty overseas are allowed to vote using their last domiciled place of residence in the US.

Bottom line - partisan people using scientific methods inaccurately leads to inaccurate results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies