Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 06:59 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You seem to be experiencing a problem with the notion of our time-space continuum. Your claim is that two billion people have taken the covid vaccine and have not experienced any LONG TERM side effects. Are you one of the leftists here who have solved the riddle of time travel or what?

Meanwhile back here in Realityville, you CANNOT CLAIM THAT THERE ARE NO LONG TERM EFFECTS before we have had the vaccine administered long enough to even be in the long term.

You are a product of instant gratification society. To you, long term is about a day and half. For me, it is five years. Ten years. Etc. And you are not going to tell me that no drug has ever had long term effects after that amount of time. About a hundred thousand class-action lawyers would disagree with you.
Name ONE thing where you administer/ingest/inhale once and it stays dormant in your body and shows no symtom until 5 years from the day. Go on. Name one.

There is NO thing on this planet where you get it once and it kills you five years from the day you got it. None. Zero. Nada. This bit of common sense somehow keep eluding you. You are thinking of some Twilight Zone story where an alien plans a bug in the ear and it doesn't get activated until 5 years from the day. No bruh, this is not science fiction.

This thing you speak of, doesn't exist.

If something is not safe, it will kill you in a matter of days. If the vaccine is not safe, we would have known seven months ago that it's not safe. There is NOTHING on this earth where you take once and then it hides in your body and only activates nine months from the day. Stop with this stupid nonsense. What you are describing is impossible.

We know it's safe because literally two BILLION people got it and they lived. That's how we know.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:00 PM

20,464 posts, read 12,392,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Everyone I talk to that got it has had bad reactions. Me and my loved ones will never get it! We are healthy and plan on staying that way
what is a "bad reaction"?
Do they have life long medical issues? or did they not feel well for a day or two?

Here are the facts. 700,000 plus unvaccinated have died in the US. less than 2000 vaccinated have died.

the number of people with long term issues from COVID is unknowable. but its in the hundreds of thousands.

those with long term problems from the vaccine, is maybe in the low thousands if that.

I mean i get it. If a democrat is talking, my initial response is they are lying.
my second thought is they know it and they are doing it anyway because they want mayhem.

Just remember this vaccine happened under Trump and Dr. Redfield and both of them have been vaccinated.

please think about that. find a doctor you trust and talk to them

Old 09-09-2021, 07:01 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,510,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Ever heard of small pox, polio, mumps, measles, rubella, anthrax, Cholera, Hepatitis, HPV, Diphtheria, Rabies, tetanus, TB, the flu?

Every one of these has a vaccine. More than likely you have had one or more. Vaccine technology is nothing new. The resistance against the COVID vaccine is nothing but politics. Letting politics stand between you and your health is nothing short of stupidity.

If you took 5 minutes to research you would find COVID vaccine technology has been in development for 30 years. We were damn fortunate it was there when we needed it.
Um, I for one have researched. Most of those except rabies and the flu are not found in animals. Polio, small pox, measles, etc. were never in animals so we could successfully vaccinate a human population. Coronas are carried by animals too.

Covid 19 is found in wild animals in the US now. Are we going to vaccinate every animal on the planet in addition to every human in a third world country? See the problem and why it's a bad comparison? This is why we have never been able to rid ourselves of the flu or colds. We won't with this either. It's endemic.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:02 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Exactly. If an update fails, you will know immediately. Like, immediately! If the vaccine is not safe, it will kill the person in a very short period of time.

There is NO computer update where everything is fine after but then it causes the computer to crash nine months from the time you update. This scenario is Impossible.

So how do we know the vaccine is safe? Because we updated and we are fine. Not only that, but over 2 BILLION people updated and their system is fine. The vaccine is safe. That's how we know. When 2 BILLION people updated their system and is fine, that's when you know it's safe for you to do so, wouldn't you say?

So all this nonsense about long term effect is stupid.

They should stop doing testing to see how these vaccines impact fertility then...because like, immediately!

Old 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM

8,387 posts, read 4,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
All were tested over appropriate periods of time and some were still pulled from the market. Polio vaccine was pulled multiple times.

These people aren't anti-vaxxers for the most part, they're anti-hasn't been tested enough to trust vaxxers. And even though I've been vaccinated, I don't blame them.

Do you know what VAERS is? Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. The numbers are low because not everyone reports adverse events after getting a vaccine.

www.openvaers.com takes all the data from VAERS and compiles it so we don't have to.

Here is what has been reported as adverse events to date on the Covid-19 vaccines:

13,911 deaths
56,912 hospitalizations
76,159 ER visits
103,837 office visits
5,752 anaphylaxis
4,832 Bell's palsy

And people want to give this to children??? It hasn't been tested on children. Any parent allowing this needs his head examined.

And I cannot blame anyone unwilling to get these vaccines.
3 billion doses world wide, 377 million in the us.

About .06% Of those vaccinated by your own figures.

What are your odds if you get COVID and are not vaccinated?

Old 09-09-2021, 07:03 PM

9,525 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
You seem to be experiencing a problem with the notion of our time-space continuum. Your claim is that two billion people have taken the covid vaccine and have not experienced any LONG TERM side effects. Are you one of the leftists here who have solved the riddle of time travel or what?

Meanwhile back here in Realityville, you CANNOT CLAIM THAT THERE ARE NO LONG TERM EFFECTS before we have had the vaccine administered long enough to even be in the long term.

You are a product of instant gratification society. To you, long term is about a day and half. For me, it is five years. Ten years. Etc. And you are not going to tell me that no drug or chemical has ever had long term effects after that amount of time. About a hundred thousand class-action lawyers would disagree with you.
Excellent post. While I am vaccinated, I went into it with my eyes wide-open. As you stated so eloquently, we have no idea what the long term effects are. We barely know what the short-term affects are. I personally decided to take my chances with being vaccinated, but completely understand why someone wouldn't make the same decision. While I'm not at all convinced that the government is up to something nefarious, its a fact that they've experimented on citizens with drugs with known very harmful side effects, particularly the military and Blacks (The Tuskegee Experiment). Given how openly hostile the current Democratic regime is to the population in general (even if a good bit of the population won't admit it), it's not unreasonable for people to be concerned about the government's motives.

Last edited by YourWakeUpCall; 09-09-2021 at 07:15 PM..

Old 09-09-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
what is a "bad reaction"?
Do they have life long medical issues? or did they not feel well for a day or two?

Here are the facts. 700,000 plus unvaccinated have died in the US. less than 2000 vaccinated have died.

the number of people with long term issues from COVID is unknowable. but its in the hundreds of thousands.

those with long term problems from the vaccine, is maybe in the low thousands if that.

I mean i get it. If a democrat is talking, my initial response is they are lying.
my second thought is they know it and they are doing it anyway because they want mayhem.

Just remember this vaccine happened under Trump and Dr. Redfield and both of them have been vaccinated.

please think about that. find a doctor you trust and talk to them

Your numbers are off, Ferd. I just posted this a few moments ago:

Do you know what VAERS is? Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System. The numbers are low because not everyone reports adverse events after getting a vaccine.

www.openvaers.com takes all the data from VAERS and compiles it so we don't have to.

Here is what has been reported as adverse events to date on the Covid-19 vaccines:

13,911 deaths
56,912 hospitalizations
76,159 ER visits
103,837 office visits
5,752 anaphylaxis
4,832 Bell's palsy

And the impact of these vaccines on fertility is unknown. If they cause cancer ten, fifteen years from now, that's unknown.

Lots of unknowns.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
3 billion doses world wide, 377 million in the us.

About .06% Of those vaccinated by your own figures.

What are your odds if you get COVID and are not vaccinated?
What are the odds of dying from COVID is a better question.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:06 PM

25,776 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Name ONE thing where you administer/ingest/inhale once and it stays dormant in your body and shows no symtom until 5 years from the day. Go on. Name one.

There is NO thing on this planet where you get it once and it kills you five years from the day you got it. None. Zero. Nada. This bit of common sense somehow keep eluding you. You are thinking of some Twilight Zone story where an alien plans a bug in the ear and it doesn't get activated until 5 years from the day. No bruh, this is not science fiction.

This thing you speak of, doesn't exist.

If something is not safe, it will kill you in a matter of days. If the vaccine is not safe, we would have known seven months ago that it's not safe. There is NOTHING on this earth where you take once and then it hides in your body and only activates nine months from the day. Stop with this stupid nonsense. What you are describing is impossible.

We know it's safe because literally two BILLION people got it and they lived. That's how we know.

Oh, let's see... asbestos, radiation, any carcinogen that you want to discuss, etc.

Two billion people in the past few MONTHS. In your world a clinical trial lasts a freakin' day and the "approved drug" is administered on day two. Good for you. Go for it. But it ain't happening in my world.

And besides that, you are conveniently ignoring the MANY people who have had side effects or died from the vaccine. In fact there are a couple of them right here on this thread. I hope you feel good about giving them the middle finger, laughing, and saying "sucks to be you."

Old 09-09-2021, 07:06 PM

469 posts, read 1,871,227 times
Quote:
Total deception here. The covid vaccine is NOT the same as traditional vaccines and you KNOW that. Yet you persist in coming up with lies such as your quoted post.
Thank you for pointing this out. I constantly read and hear people stating that anyone skeptical about these covid shots are against ALL vaccines. No, that's not it. mRNA technology may have been around for some years, but this is the first time it's been used in humans. How something is supposed to work on paper is completely different when it's actually applied in real life for use. It's not too far fetched to think there are some people who are going to be weary of something we don't know yet how it'll affect our bodies in the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies