Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2021, 09:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
If you can't stay 6 feet away you are supposed to wear a mask vaccinated or not.
Why would anyone think those cheap masks, which aren't changed with regularity, work well enough?

Again why wear a mask? Is it because the vaccines don't work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 09:07 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Doesn't the USPS have a special designation as an independent agency of the Executive branch. Not sure how that impacts them but it does give them special status.

I wasn't even thinking of the workers in the post office buildings. I go to the post office so rarely.

So people who aren't unvaccinated and need to use the post office are not concerned with the amt. of people they may come into contact with that may have the virus?

Up until July 26 there was a mask mandate in the post office. Will that be reinstated with the surge?
I am surprised it isn't already. Maybe because it's physical and masks make it harder to do that work?

By unvaccinated, you are also including those that have already had it. And yes they are not all that concerned.

If I was at risk I would be concerned but then again if I was at risk because of a medical condition I didn't bring upon myself, I would be thinking hard about getting a vaccine. If I brought it upon myself by being overweight, smoking or eating incorrectly, I'd change my habits.

Why waste the best gift I've ever received?

Old 09-10-2021, 09:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why would anyone think those cheap masks, which aren't changed with regularity, work well enough?

If someone has a mask on -- when they speak some of their 'spit' is contained in the mask. There is no evidence COVID virus grows on surfaces so if someone doesn't use a clean mask and they breath in blechy stuff...they might get sick but unless you touch their mask -- why would you.

And vaccines are not 100% effective so we wear a mask when vaccinated in case we picked up the virus,

And we have yet to see any significant data that suggests wearing masks spreads bacteria.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:11 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,317,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Are we talking about the effectiveness of masks here or the conspiracy theory laid out by the OP?

Edit: also not every employee has had the vaccination and the Post Office doesn't require that someone gets it. That's kind of the point here, isn't it? The Post Office does not have a vaccine mandate from the Federal Government.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:13 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,567,188 times
News media got the initial coverage wrong since the order falls under OSHA rules and regulations which covers the Postal Service.

Employees of the United States Postal Service will be required to get a COVID-19 vaccine or be tested under President Joe Biden’s new vaccine initiative, contrary to confused early reporting after the administration rolled out the mandate Thursday evening.

https://news.yahoo.com/postal-worker...142500746.html

Old 09-10-2021, 09:19 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,375,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The mailman is the one government employee that is around the most people. They go door to door and deliver mail and packages. Why were they exempt from the mandate?

Would it have anything to do with how they deliver ballots. Exempting the Post Office has to have some benefit to them. I'm just wondering what it is.

What are your thoughts?

They fall under the same Labor Dept rules as the other private companies, evidently:

"Postal Service workers are not subjected to federal mandate, but fall under the Labor Department rule announced by President Biden aimed at businesses with more than 100 employees..." -- Jeff Zeleny

They probably don't fall under Biden's mandate because of this:

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics doesn’t consider postal workers federal employees because the postal service is a quasi-federal agency. The U.S. Constitution created the post office, so Congress has direct control over the rules and regulations the post office must follow concerning operations and personnel.

So, no, it has nothing to do with "voter fraud".

Old 09-10-2021, 09:36 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,072,142 times
I could go 10 years without seeing our carrier at the cluster box near my house. DD lives in a high rise with more apartments than houses in my subdivision so her carrier sees plenty at one stop.

Because the carrier is or is not around customers does not mean they are not around each other when loading their trucks, etc.

They would need to follow OSHA.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:40 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
You’re a government employee?
Where have you been?

Never mind, I know the answer to that. But even I know Du Ma works for the government and I avoided this forum on c-d from November 2020 until June.

I think he works border patrol.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:40 AM

10,082 posts, read 7,760,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Every time I ship a package at the post office. Or, when I occasionally walk out and speak to the postman because I am not an elite snob.

Somehow I managed to go 18 months without asking him/her about their vaccination status.
lol. My postlady is so funny and sweet. If I see her out, I stop to chat. She's been at my house and we chat many times. Everyone in the neighborhood loves her because she has the most positive and fun personality. I also sometimes go to the post office and stand in line to ship things.

You know there is some benefit for the dems to not mandate the vaccine for them.

This is just the beginning of the far left trying to own us. What will they mandate next? If I hadn't had the vaccine, and if they tried to mandate it, I'd push back. The government isn't telling me what to put in my body...ain't no way.

Hopefully what he is mandating isn't legal. This idiot tries best he can to dictate whether it should be allowed on not. I wouldn't trust or do anything he says because he's the last person I'd listen to. He's nothing but a dumb butt teleprompter reader.

Old 09-10-2021, 09:42 AM

43,075 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
News media got the initial coverage wrong since the order falls under OSHA rules and regulations which covers the Postal Service.

Employees of the United States Postal Service will be required to get a COVID-19 vaccine or be tested under President Joe Biden’s new vaccine initiative, contrary to confused early reporting after the administration rolled out the mandate Thursday evening.

https://news.yahoo.com/postal-worker...142500746.html
Until the Labor Department makes that law OSHA cannot enforce it.

Right now it's just an EO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies