Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you had COVID?
Yes 50 27.93%
No 129 72.07%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2021, 06:38 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,495,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Curious, had you and your wife been vaccinated prior to you getting Covid?
neither of us have the vaccine, we are both healthy and in our late 30s/early 40s

another individual at the same gathering also caught Covid, he was vaccinated and had similar symptoms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 07:11 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I've never caught any virus, not even a cold. As little kids in the 1940s my brother and I slept in the same bed and he caught chicken pox, measles and other childhood diseases. I escaped them all and I have no idea why.
It sounds like your genes could help humanity as a whole. Have you considered working with researchers to understand this?

Old 09-15-2021, 07:15 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
My best friend just died from Covid a couple days ago. It hit him hard. He was instantly hospitalized and was pretty much unconscious right away for about 3 weeks. All his organs gave out and once his heart gave out, that was that. This virus is a mother$&@7*%.
If you have covid get the Regeneron . Request it to keep you from the ICU.. don't wait for your symptoms to get bad.. get the Regeneron right away.

So very sorry about your friend. I pray the Holy Spirit comforts you greatly.

3,444 posts, read 2,820,038 times
So far my husband and I have avoided catching it. We are both vaccinated (got our second one back in March) and will get the booster when it's time. I am self employed and cannot afford to have to quarantine. I also have an elderly father in memory care that we visit once or twice a week and I sure don't want to pass the virus onto him. He is also fully vaccinated. We wear masks in indoor public spaces. Wash our hands regularly and sanitize if we don't have the ability to wash our hand (and then wash them when we get home).

I can't even count the number of people I know who have had it at this point. Some were very ill, one friend got it in March 2020 and was hospitalized twice. She still cannot go up a flight of stairs without stopping to catch her breath. My SIL got it last year and then had heart issues come up not long after recovering. My brother never got it. My other brother got it, his wife says she had it, too (that's a whole 'nother story).

Most of the people I know now who are getting it have kids too young to be vaccinated and have brought it home from school. All of the family members who are old enough have been vaccinated, so they didn't get as ill as my friends and family members who got it before the vaccine came out.

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
For all the folks who say they have had it, my question is was it confirmed by testing, or did you simple self-diagnose?

Old 09-15-2021, 08:22 AM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
For all the folks who say they have had it, my question is was it confirmed by testing, or did you simple self-diagnose?
I had suspected I had it. A month later I went and got the antibodies test and it came back positive. At the same visit I also took the antigen test to see if I had it currently, that came back negative.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
I have not had it myself that I am aware, I have never been tested, never had symptoms. All the people I mentioned and that I know of who had said they had Covid did test positive for Covid from a testing center or clinic.
I have heard several people who said they think they had it before spring of 2020 when Covid news hit the media.

Old 09-15-2021, 08:59 AM

2,047 posts, read 856,525 times
Remember as well, it’s highly likely some people are completely immune to catching covid.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:41 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
I confirmed with testing shortly after I recovered. I had a dentist appointment a couple days after that test, and they were asking for a negative test before rescheduling me. I waited five days, then tested positive, waited five more, then tested positive again. The county health department called me up to say that I shouldn’t be waiting for a negative test since you can test positive up to three months afterword even though you’re not contagious at that point. The dentist office luckily recognized that and agreed to see me haha.

Old 09-15-2021, 09:58 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
My wife and I got our first vaccination in March, second vaccination 2 weeks later. At my age, 68, I would not want to get Covid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies