Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2021, 09:09 AM

23,170 posts, read 26,179,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
People do it all of the time due to employment opportunities.
Top that off with more people having to do just that in other fields due to Bidenitis, a terrible scourge.
Some people may do it out of choice. there's a difference when you're locked out and have no choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2021, 09:31 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,704,481 times
I used to wonder how Hitler managed to convince an entire nation that gas chambers and concentration camps were a good idea. Reading the comments from the provax crowd, I’m starting to understand.

Old 09-19-2021, 09:44 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The proper word for this is vaccine or vaccination. It’s a me thing, but that short version with an x bothers the bleep out of me.
Then you will be sad to hear that Moderna's Covid vaccine will officially be called Spikevax once it gets full FDA approval in the US.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:38 AM

3,197 posts, read 2,851,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Not all hospital system employees are clinical.

Not all hospital employees are “ front line” as it relates to caring for Covid- infected patients. Most hospital systems isolate patients with Covid symptoms from the general hospital population.

We are all aware Covid hit nursing home facilities hard. Generally speaking, nursing home residents were not allowed visitors or the ability to leave for 1+ year. Community dining and activities were eliminated.

Nonetheless, nursing home residents continued to be infected at a substantially higher rate than the general population.

Covid walks in the door with every shift turnover. Vaccination rates among nursing home employees trends amongst the lowest with 75-80% of employees not being vaccinated in some cases. Most nursing home employees are not clinical or marginally so, CNA. This includes VA hospitals.
Getting vaccinated doesn't prevent you from getting Covid or spreading it. It only prevents the infected from getting seriously ill and ending up in the hospital. As someone pointed out earlier in this thread it is probably more likely that someone who is vaccinated will introduce Covid to patients than someone who is non-vaccinated. Why? Because the vaccinated person might not even realize they are sick, or at least sick enough to stay home from work. An unvaccinated person who gets Covid most likely will be pretty aware of the fact that they are sick enough to go home.

With all this being said, how are those who are unvaccinated put patients at great risk exactly?

Old 09-19-2021, 10:41 AM

8,410 posts, read 4,571,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Like I said, lots of jobs for those looking.

That flippant attitude isn't going to work like it normally does. It's an employee's market. Time to kiss some butt.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
125...of 36,000.

Yeah I dont care. I want people that protect me, not infect me at the hospital. That 36,000 figure is sort of important to put it in context isnt it? No surprise thats not mentioned.

Does ignoring the facts about who is infecting who make you right? Nope. It does make you very annoying though.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Its 61 people not adding to the problem. I call that a win.

You mean 61 people not contributing to the solution, don't you?

Old 09-19-2021, 10:48 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I used to wonder how Hitler managed to convince an entire nation that gas chambers and concentration camps were a good idea. Reading the comments from the provax crowd, I’m starting to understand.
My father helped liberate concentration camps and his unit ended up staying in Germany for a short time after the end of the war. He said he met German after German who claimed they didn't know what was going on though he said you could smell the stench of the concentration camps for miles.

Until recently, I never thought that could happen in the U.S. Recent events have shown otherwise.

Old 09-19-2021, 10:49 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
125...of 36,000.

Yeah I dont care. I want people that protect me, not infect me at the hospital. That 36,000 figure is sort of important to put it in context isnt it? No surprise thats not mentioned.
You and me both.

Covid ICU units staffed by the unvaccinated for the unvaccinated should be an option.

Old 09-19-2021, 11:18 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
The proper word for this is vaccine or vaccination. It’s a me thing, but that short version with an x bothers the bleep out of me.

Anyway, as far as health care settings go, I think it’s prudent to require the vaccination, and I feel it should be legally protected as a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification. They are literally taking care of the people who can least afford to get infection. Like Staph, you don’t want to catch something in the place that’s supposed to heal you.
If you're going to be exacting; the vaccine for covid a vaccine at all. Its a pretreatment to mitigate symptoms that must be taken ahead of any infection. It does not prevent you from aquiring it or transmitting it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies