Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2021, 11:32 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times

Advertisements

The lady on the bottles of Aunt Jemima just looked like a nice mom to me. Maybe if she had shaved half her head and identified as a male she might have survived.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:33 AM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times
The Woke are so weak. I guess all democrats are so weak. They can't stand a tweet or Aunt Jamima Pancake Syrup. They see either of them and it angers them. lol Dems are so uptight and doom and gloom and everything hurts their wittle feelings. Bless their hearts.

My favorite saying from Trump: Everything WOKE turns to sh*t. Dems need to toughen up and stop being cry babies.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:57 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOoze View Post
So the first two ingredients are: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
Should be illegal to sell that stuff as food.
But hey, fight over a name, can't get good decisions from stupid people.
Exactly…but that’s what they want.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:58 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOoze View Post
So the first two ingredients are: CORN SYRUP, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP
Should be illegal to sell that stuff as food.
But hey, fight over a name, can't get good decisions from stupid people.
A different debate, but a well-made point.

Old 09-25-2021, 11:58 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
A SMILING black woman. I guess the only representations of black people they want to see in the public eye are surly-faced rap artists spouting foul language, flashing gang signs and otherwise acting like the clowns that they are.
If those are the only representations that come to someone’s mind then they are willfully ignorant.

Old 09-25-2021, 12:17 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Dems are so uptight and doom and gloom and everything hurts their wittle feelings...
Dems need to toughen up and stop being cry babies.
A label was changed and no one much cared until a CD conservative decided to bellyache about it. 160+ posts later, conservatives still can't decide. If labels are inconsequential details not worth paying attention to as one goes though life, well - that's a stance. But then you can't bloody well turn around and insist that a label being changed is some portent of terrible things to happen, an example of weakness of mind and thin skin.

One or the other. If you're the thick-skinned, self-reliable level-headed real men you like to portray yourselves at, you can't whine about a changed label.

Just pick a lane. Better, buy some actual maple syrup. Eat food, it's better for you.

Old 09-25-2021, 06:51 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Aunt Jemima was always a fictional person. Pearl Milling company created her as a figurehead, but the times have changed, so she wasn't selling as much pancake mix as she once did.

The same thing is happening to a white fictional woman, Betty Crocker. She was created by Pillsbury mills, and Pillsbury's having the same trouble selling cake mix that Pearl Milling had with it's pancake mix.

Betty's days are numbered too.

Old 09-25-2021, 07:15 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,191,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Nope.

Green's personification of Aunt Jemima and the character's mythology built by advertising executives, earned Davis, and later Quaker Oats, a great deal of profit. However, there is no evidence to suggest Green ever saw any of that revenue, said Patricia A. Turner, professor of African American studies at the University of California, Los Angeles, in a comment to the Associated Press.

Full story here:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...re/3241656001/

and here

https://apnews.com/article/archive-f...ing-9030960288

and here

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-millionaire/

Green was financially secure from her "Aunt Jemima" contracts, although maybe not a millionaire. I doubt however that any other African-American cooks in Chicago in the late 1890's had any financial security at all.

"... After the Expo, Green was reportedly offered a lifetime contract to adopt the Aunt Jemima moniker and promote the pancake mix, however, it is likely this was part of the lore created for the character rather than Green herself. This marked the beginning of a major promotional push by the company that included thousands of personal appearances and Aunt Jemima merchandising. Green was one of the organizers of the Olivet Baptist Church in Chicago. Her career allowed Green the financial freedom to become an activist and engage in antipoverty programs."

https://aaregistry.org/story/nancy-g...l-aunt-jemima/

Old 09-25-2021, 07:33 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,205,836 times
This happened months ago. Where have you been?

Old 09-25-2021, 08:13 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I just came back from Publix and went to buy some Aunt Jemima Pancakes and Syrup. I am looking for it and I see a box with the same colors as Aunt Jemima products.

The box had the name of Pearl Milling Company on it and a very small picture on the front that said. Same great taste as Aunt Jemima.

This wokester stuff is ridiculous. What is so racist about having a picture of a black woman on a box of Pancakes? I see people that are Italian on boxes of products . And I am sure there are many pictures of the original product with the founders. It is removing all race on products because the globalists want to take all of our identities away and be a global citizen with no country, no history, no flag , nothing from the past.

This is getting crazy . The black family that are the ancestors of Aunt Jemima are angry. It is taking their legacy and erasing it completely.

I am so sick of everything being called racist. My grandparents were not even in the country when slavery existed and this racist stuff depicts every white person as being from a family that owned slaves. More blacks owned slave and they never talk about that because it does not fit the narrative.

The dems use race to divide us to gain power over blacks.. they really don't care. It is all about power.
It's amazing that you are so naïve to wonder why something is wrong with this image. Aunt Jemima was just a typical mammy character who was created to show how blacks were ok being slaves. Her image has always been a false narrative and it should have been gone many years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies