Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 07:06 PM

23,645 posts, read 12,569,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDoggsCat View Post
We're not the ones occupying shopping malls in the name of consumerism. This is peak America. Or, this is Amurika.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
You don't buy things because ...you live somewhere called Amurika and you didn't get your latest stimmy check or something? You shouldn't eat so much fast food, not healthy, yanno.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 07:08 PM

22 posts, read 7,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You don't buy things because ...you live somewhere called Amurika and you didn't get your latest stimmy check or something? You shouldn't eat so much fast food, not healthy, yanno.
I mean, I'll eat some fast food once in a while. Like no one can deny Carl's Jr. slaps.

But occupying a food court or any other corporate establishment because you don't like their rules is the most first world problem thing ever.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:09 PM

Quote:
lol that movie was warning. The irony is that the right references that movie alot. But in the beginning of the movie, Clevon and Trish would definitely be wearing MAGA hats.

https://youtu.be/sP2tUW0HDHA?t=62
I have never seen that movie. I also don't put as much stock in Hollywood fantasies as you seem to do, I prefer the real world.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I have never seen that movie. I also don't put as much stock in Hollywood fantasies as you seem to do, I prefer the real world.
Life sometimes imitates art. To the point that life becomes a parody of itself and consumerist zombies protest for their consumer fix.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
I mean, I'll eat some fast food once in a while. Like no one can deny Carl's Jr. slaps.
slaps?
Quote:
But occupying a food court or any other corporate establishment because you don't like their rules is the most first world problem thing ever.
Meh. at least they weren't burning looting and murdering. right?

Old 09-30-2021, 07:23 PM

10,119 posts, read 7,781,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Any have you noticed that dozens, if not hundreds have joined just in the last few days? I don't know what's going on here, but it appears that posting as an Internet moron is now quite the lucrative pastime.

Time for me to thank CD once again for their limitless ignore list capability as that is where they go the instant I see their garbage.
Yep. I sure did. Lol.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Life sometimes imitates art. To the point that life becomes a parody of itself and consumerist zombies protest for their consumer fix.
if you say so.

It's a movie, fantasy. Real life is so much better, try it.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
slaps?
Slaps as in, like the Guac burger is good on a drunk night.

Quote:
Meh. at least they weren't burning looting and murdering. right?
When it comes to civil unrest, chaos is a byproduct because there will always be oppourtunists taking advantage of the situation.

The reason why it doesn't happen on the right is because they often do not have anything real to protest. So cops find them more silly than anything else so they're not too preoccupied on dealing with what is essentially an act.

Old 09-30-2021, 07:34 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The crowd clapped like I've never heard before. It was great! He was just simply speaking for all of us. I can't wait to get rid of this administration full of idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnMz...lj8NL&index=13
Trump is the best! he tells it like it is and speaks for all true Americans!

Old 09-30-2021, 07:37 PM

5,072 posts, read 2,183,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
In their defense, the weak and entitled can’t think for themselves.
Sadly I used to be like that and was a democrat. Thank goodness I am long past that as I grew up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies