Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2021, 07:55 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

... that the authoritarians keep saying we should get back to with regards to COVID?

Is it life pre-COVID where COVID is eliminated and no masks are necessary? I don't see this happening with the vaccine... at least not anytime soon as long as a majority of people are taking various versions of the jab.

This is not about being anti-jab - as some people should take it. The majority of people probably don't need to.

I don't think there is no other normal to "get back to" - other than a pre-COVID-like existence.

Anything else would be a new normal.

So whenever I hear the phrase "we need to get back to normal" as a mantra to push for mass vaccinations, I just shake my head.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 10-05-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2021, 08:29 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,569,699 times
Flu is a VERY dangerous virus and took many lives... if masks work for one virus, they should work for another.
What exactly is your point, OP? Dogs on a short leash will be the new normal. With muzzles on. And no meat as meat makes people fart and that produces methane and methane kills our planet.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:50 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,303,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... that the authoritarians keep saying we should get back to with regards to COVID?

Is it life pre-COVID where COVID is eliminated and no masks are necessary? I don't see this happening with the vaccine... at least not anytime soon as long as a majority of people are taking various versions of the jab.

This is not about being anti-jab - as some people should take it. The majority of people probably don't need to.

I don't think there is no other normal to "get back to" - other than a pre-COVID-like existence.

Anything else would be a new normal.

So whenever I hear the phrase "we need to get back to normal" as a mantra to push for mass vaccinations, I just shake my head.
"We need to get back to normal" is just a propaganda bribe holding out "free ice cream & cookies" to
the bad kids that don't want to be vaccinated.
When that did not work mandates to coerce them is presented.

Old 10-05-2021, 08:59 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,281 times
Back to normal is when I can get my kids vaccinated and we can all drop our masks. All the people that I love will then be vaccinated protecting them from the worst ravages of COVID. We'll carry on as before. And should anyone of us be a carrier and infect a non-vaccinated person? Too bad, so sad and I won't know about it anyway.

Normal enough?

Old 10-05-2021, 09:02 PM

4,514 posts, read 4,040,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Flu is a VERY dangerous virus and took many lives... if masks work for one virus, they should work for another.
What exactly is your point, OP? Dogs on a short leash will be the new normal. With muzzles on. And no meat as meat makes people fart and that produces methane and methane kills our planet.
I absolutely can't tell if people are being sarcastic anymore when they appear to be supporting the liberal cause

Old 10-05-2021, 09:03 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,225 times
We're pretty much back to normal in AZ. People who want to wear a mask wear one. Those who don't want to wear a mask don't. Nobody talks about the vaccine. Everyone just goes about their own business and leaves everyone else alone.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:06 PM

25,690 posts, read 18,777,662 times
There will never be a "normal" again. At least not for the next three or four generations. Too many minds have been warped. Too many humans have become sheep.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:07 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times
Normal for Republicans is slavery as it was on 3/14/20.

Normal for Democrats is micro-managing every aspect of your life at all times.

You both suck.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:39 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
The only normal that should be on the table is the state of affairs in 2019. That means every single law, regulation, executive order, county/city ordinance passed or introduced since January 1, 2020 is immediately repealed and we never hear another word about COVID ever again for the rest of time. Anything else is a slow descent to fascism.

TX is also pretty much back to normal.

Old 10-05-2021, 09:43 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,788,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaunchKeys View Post
So denying reality is your solution?
We leave people alone, and that's the end of that.

The government used COVID as a virtue signaling tool and abused the virus for malicious purposes. Now it should never be allowed to talk about it again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies