Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 03:24 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The "vaccinated" can CATCH AND SPREAD THE VIRUS, so this notion that someone who doesn't get the "vaccines" is putting others in danger is COMPLETE GARBAGE!!!!

The ignore list is your solution, my friend. Don't waste your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2021, 03:30 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Learn to get your facts straight.

I’ve offered up a lot of information in these threads. When I’m upset, I have a lot of typos. I don’t care. What I write is pretty simple so I’m going back and correcting my grammar.

If you care to read my other comments, you should- make sure you know the difference between fact and opinion. I offer a lot of both. For statements of fact, don’t take my word for it (you already think I’m a goofball) - do your own homework. Learn how to tell the difference between a valid, credible, respected source a one that is not valid p, credible - it might have opinions you agree with, that’s cool, but sadly - and I don’t know why - a ton of sites are lying to you, man.

My opinions are just that, but I use them to make my point. I don’t care what you think. I care that you get accurate information.

Yeah. Vaccines aren’t perfect. Never have been. You know that.

In this case this, children, the fact that vaccines aren’t perfect is why MASKS are so important - to save lives. And why are there breakthrough cases? Raise your hand, anyone? Because so many people are UNVACCINATED and the disease remains out of control.

All of the trouble, death and harm, unrest, threats (over masks) is being perpetuated by people who won’t get vaccinated and won’t wear a mask People can be asymptomatic - say… you for instance. Say you’re not using a mask, and you’re standing next to someone. Look at them. You could be causing their death. OR you could take the decent grown up option and wear a mask. Masks aren’t perfect. They are extremely effective.

Think for yourself dear. Otherwise, it’s embarrassing.

What’s your point? Vaccines provide protection so that fewer people get seriously ill or die - but since they aren’t perfect (cross your arms turn your back and huff your way off to wherever.

Do you realize your logic (it’s not logic) statement is silly? And dangerous?

LEARN. It might take you a few minutes to educate yourself.

Surgery isn’t perfect. Life isn’t perfect, medicine - any and all medicine isnt perfect. So - go away if you can’t be safe around others. Unvaccinated people are the problem.

I hate masks. But I still have to wear one because people who won’t get vaccinated or wear masks - threaten my health. How dare people do that. If you can’t do these two simple things - remove yourself (the general you) from public situations.

People are dying still at the same rate - SOLELY because people refuse to get vaccinated and refuse to wear a mask. If all these folks did those two things right away - we would all be able to start getting back to normal. Mask free. But because folks refuse - we could have been mostly back to normal in mid summer but for these people. They are the ONLY reason this is still bad and I, and others still need to wear a flipping mask and am at risk for breakthrough - vaccinated people have other issues too, you know… that increases their risk for being reinfected by some selfish person running around without the shots or a mask. That make me fieios.

Get vaccinated. Tomorrow. Anyone reading this who isn’t vaccinated - do it. Any one of them it doesn’t matter. Boosters are a thing. Always have been. You know that.

Come at me with any argument you want to make against vaccination and masks. You will be wrong.

You will lose.
The masks are USELESS; a virus can waltz right through and around them!

Get YOUR "facts" straight!!!

You seem to be a bit over EMOTIONAL over this BS!

Let me guess You got your "vaccination" and now REGRET IT!

I hope that you don't "lose".

Old 10-14-2021, 03:43 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
What does this have to do with the fact Pfizer does not meet the minimum criteria set by WHO as an effective vaccine?
There are no perfect solutions period full stop. This is not a routine everyday problem to be solved on an individual level.

("Only the hand that erases can write the true thing." Meister Eckhart)

Relax. Nothing is under control. Entropy reigns supreme so to speak.

Old 10-14-2021, 03:46 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
What does this have to do with the fact Pfizer does not meet the minimum criteria set by WHO as an effective vaccine?

Hmm. Interesting what's actually on the WHO website, as opposed to somewhere in your head.

"Vaccines provide at least some protection from infection and transmission,"

"All COVID-19 vaccines approved for emergency use listing by WHO have been thoroughly tested and proven to provide a high degree of protection against serious illness and death."
https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...and-protection

Pfizer/Comirnaty is recommended for at least emergency use. That sure appears to meet the minimum criteria set by WHO as an effective vaccine:
https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/vacci...fied-comirnaty

Old 10-14-2021, 04:00 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,249,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperwing View Post
Learn to get your facts straight.

I’ve offered up a lot of information in these threads. When I’m upset, I have a lot of typos. I don’t care. What I write is pretty simple so I’m going back and correcting my grammar.

If you care to read my other comments, you should- make sure you know the difference between fact and opinion. I offer a lot of both. For statements of fact, don’t take my word for it (you already think I’m a goofball) - do your own homework. Learn how to tell the difference between a valid, credible, respected source a one that is not valid p, credible - it might have opinions you agree with, that’s cool, but sadly - and I don’t know why - a ton of sites are lying to you, man.

My opinions are just that, but I use them to make my point. I don’t care what you think. I care that you get accurate information.

Yeah. Vaccines aren’t perfect. Never have been. You know that.

In this case this, children, the fact that vaccines aren’t perfect is why MASKS are so important - to save lives. And why are there breakthrough cases? Raise your hand, anyone? Because so many people are UNVACCINATED and the disease remains out of control.

All of the trouble, death and harm, unrest, threats (over masks) is being perpetuated by people who won’t get vaccinated and won’t wear a mask People can be asymptomatic - say… you for instance. Say you’re not using a mask, and you’re standing next to someone. Look at them. You could be causing their death. OR you could take the decent grown up option and wear a mask. Masks aren’t perfect. They are extremely effective.

Think for yourself dear. Otherwise, it’s embarrassing.

What’s your point? Vaccines provide protection so that fewer people get seriously ill or die - but since they aren’t perfect (cross your arms turn your back and huff your way off to wherever.

Do you realize your logic (it’s not logic) statement is silly? And dangerous?

LEARN. It might take you a few minutes to educate yourself.

Surgery isn’t perfect. Life isn’t perfect, medicine - any and all medicine isnt perfect. So - go away if you can’t be safe around others. Unvaccinated people are the problem.

I hate masks. But I still have to wear one because people who won’t get vaccinated or wear masks - threaten my health. How dare people do that. If you can’t do these two simple things - remove yourself (the general you) from public situations.

People are dying still at the same rate - SOLELY because people refuse to get vaccinated and refuse to wear a mask. If all these folks did those two things right away - we would all be able to start getting back to normal. Mask free. But because folks refuse - we could have been mostly back to normal in mid summer but for these people. They are the ONLY reason this is still bad and I, and others still need to wear a flipping mask and am at risk for breakthrough - vaccinated people have other issues too, you know… that increases their risk for being reinfected by some selfish person running around without the shots or a mask. That make me fieios.

Get vaccinated. Tomorrow. Anyone reading this who isn’t vaccinated - do it. Any one of them it doesn’t matter. Boosters are a thing. Always have been. You know that.

Come at me with any argument you want to make against vaccination and masks. You will be wrong.

You will lose.
You accepted the experimental 'vaccine' into your body and now you have buyers remorse. Don't blame those of us who knew better.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:06 AM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Hmm. Interesting what's actually on the WHO website, as opposed to somewhere in your head.

"Vaccines provide at least some protection from infection and transmission,"

"All COVID-19 vaccines approved for emergency use listing by WHO have been thoroughly tested and proven to provide a high degree of protection against serious illness and death."
https://www.who.int/news-room/featur...and-protection

Pfizer/Comirnaty is recommended for at least emergency use. That sure appears to meet the minimum criteria set by WHO as an effective vaccine:
https://extranet.who.int/pqweb/vacci...fied-comirnaty
Please stop confusing the cult members

Old 10-14-2021, 04:09 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
The masks are USELESS; a virus can waltz right through and around them!

Get YOUR "facts" straight!!!

You seem to be a bit over EMOTIONAL over this BS!

Let me guess You got your "vaccination" and now REGRET IT!

I hope that you don't "lose".

Respectfully, my friend, masks are not useless if worn by everyone! in indoor public settings - far from it. Until/unless we get a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine, masks are the best tool we have to reduce transmission of airborne communicable disease. Their effectiveness results from limiting outgoing emissions. No, not stopping, but very definitely reducing.

In the Bay area, we had mask requirements for indoor public settings from early spring. And through mid-June, I watched our COVID case rate steadily drop until it was well below 10 per 100,000 - among the lowest rates in the nation. Things looked so good that the county health officers lifted the mask requirements mid-June. As of 4-6 weeks later, our case rate had exploded to 10 times what it had been just those few weeks prior.

The mask requirements came back....and it was very clear that they needed to come back. I was glad to see it. Our case rate returned to its downward pace and is now nearly equal to its low in mid-June. The Bay Area and California generally have among the lowest rates in the nation.

Masks are an essential tool for indoor public areas and we're going to need them for the foreseeable future.

Old 10-14-2021, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Respectfully, my friend, masks are not useless if worn by everyone! in indoor public settings - far from it. Until/unless we get a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine, masks are the best tool we have to reduce transmission of airborne communicable disease. Their effectiveness results from limiting outgoing emissions. No, not stopping, but very definitely reducing.

In the Bay area, we had mask requirements for indoor public settings from early spring. And through mid-June, I watched our COVID case rate steadily drop until it was well below 10 per 100,000 - among the lowest rates in the nation. Things looked so good that the county health officers lifted the mask requirements mid-June. As of 4-6 weeks later, our case rate had exploded to 10 times what it had been just those few weeks prior.

The mask requirements came back....and it was very clear that they needed to come back. I was glad to see it. Our case rate returned to its downward pace and is now nearly equal to its low in mid-June. The Bay Area and California generally have among the lowest rates in the nation.

Masks are an essential tool for indoor public areas and we're going to need them for the foreseeable future.
With all due respect. EVERY droplet that fogs up my glasses when I wear a mask could contain viruses.

They don't work, just like the "vaccines".

Old 10-14-2021, 04:56 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
With all due respect. EVERY droplet that fogs up my glasses when I wear a mask could contain viruses.

They don't work, just like the "vaccines".
Pray tell, what is the 'perfect solution'?

Old 10-14-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Pray tell, what is the 'perfect solution'?
Let the virus do what viruses do; mutate to non lethal strains like the viruses that are in you right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies