Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 10:44 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Businesses do have the right to mandate the vaccine. Businesses also have the right to ask for proof of vaccine. These are facts. I've been stating facts.

Even in the posts you've quoted, I've admitted to my distaste for big-government heavy handed action. The government and corporations are two different things however and you're mixing them up which is why you're unable to understand the difference. If you can't tell the difference between the government and corporations, that's on you and is not a case of anyone lying or misdirecting.
Well again, you are misdirecting, but at least you now admit supporting the rights of business over the rights of the people. I have stated this multiple times now and you continue to deflect towards government mandates.

But to be clear again, no one, corporation, business, or person, has a right to coerce/mandate an injection into my body nor take punitive action when I decline to comply. They do not have a right to know my vaccination status or whether or not I had a previous infection. My personal health decisions are personal.

Whether or not there are those of you that choose not to accept our individual rights is immaterial. Hopefully, a growing number of Americans will recognize the abuse of our freedoms and put an end to the tyranny.

And your last paragraph had nothing to do with our exchange. But since you mention it, corporations are an extension of government. They are being used to punish Americans for wrong-think, coerce unnecessary vaccinations, and indoctrinate employees to leftist, woke policies, and hinder free speech.

Furthermore, the government is an extension of corporations. Corporate donors and lobbyists influence the local, state, and federal elected officials to gain huge tax breaks and incentives, and crush competition from local businesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2021, 10:57 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
I really never expected republicans to be this Anti-vax.
They aren't across the board. There's extremists that are.
Sadly. Yeah, but they tend to have much influence because they are so loud and confident in their own nonsense. People want to believe them.

That is why so many are falling victim to the blather.

~

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Old 10-07-2021, 11:12 AM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Well again, you are misdirecting, but at least you now admit supporting the rights of business over the rights of the people. I have stated this multiple times now and you continue to deflect towards government mandates.

But to be clear again, no one, corporation, business, or person, has a right to coerce/mandate an injection into my body nor take punitive action when I decline to comply. They do not have a right to know my vaccination status or whether or not I had a previous infection. My personal health decisions are personal.

Whether or not there are those of you that choose not to accept our individual rights is immaterial. Hopefully, a growing number of Americans will recognize the abuse of our freedoms and put an end to the tyranny.
You're missing the point. No one is mandating you get the vaccine. Businesses have the right to set requirements for their employees. Employees have the right to walk. This isn't supporting the rights of business over the rights of people. This is just a fact. You have full control of whether you get the vaccine or not. No business can force you to get the vaccine.

If you choose not to meet the requirements of the business, you are choosing to separate from the company or be dismissed. The problem with leftists is that they think they have a right to a job or a specific job. You don't. You have the right to prosper but not to a job.

At the end of the day, you control how you spend your time, your money, and how you value freedom. At the same time, businesses control how they spend their money... including who they employ.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:13 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,115,831 times
Quote:
I've had multiple posts here saying I don't want a vax mandate:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/62062988-post126.html

And in this very own thread: https://www.city-data.com/forum/62067704-post95.html

I can't tell what your agenda is... whether it is to push everyone to your democratic extremist views or whatnot.

Also the previous poster was asking about antivax... not about the mandate.
No one is antivax. We're just anti mandate. It's as simple as that.

Old 10-07-2021, 12:28 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,653,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Not a lot of people know about it, yet some want to claim this kind of nonsense about it. Tell that to the FDA and CDC, since both of them use data from VAERS.

It IS inaccurate, however, because not everyone is aware of it or thinks to report such events, so the numbers are actually low.
It's also inaccurate because anyone can enter anything. It's best to say that the data in VAERS is unverified. Each one has to be investigated and until that is done, you can't attribute all those deaths to the vaccine. And of course, if someone doesn't report it, the death cannot be attributed either.

Old 10-07-2021, 01:29 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
You're missing the point. No one is mandating you get the vaccine. Businesses have the right to set requirements for their employees. Employees have the right to walk. This isn't supporting the rights of business over the rights of people. This is just a fact. You have full control of whether you get the vaccine or not. No business can force you to get the vaccine.

If you choose not to meet the requirements of the business, you are choosing to separate from the company or be dismissed. The problem with leftists is that they think they have a right to a job or a specific job. You don't. You have the right to prosper but not to a job.

At the end of the day, you control how you spend your time, your money, and how you value freedom. At the same time, businesses control how they spend their money... including who they employ.
No, I am not missing the point.

When every business is pressured/manipulated/mandated or just simply chooses to to issue vaccine mandates as terms of employment, employees can walk. They can choose to work for another company. Oh, wait.... mandates for everyone.

Today it is something that YOU agree with. You probably wear your vaccination card as a badge of honor.

Tomorrow, it may a vaccine that you feel that you do not need or that may be potentially harmful to you. Or your party affiliation. Your social credit score. The color of your eyes and hair. None of those are part of a protected class, right?

Old 10-07-2021, 02:11 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:

And no one has the right to demand continued employment and compensation from an employer. You can be fired for any reason, except discrimination against certain protected classes.

When I applied for my current job, I had to submit to a drug test. If I had refused, I would not have been hired. I didn't like it, but the company was within their rights. This is no different.

Old 10-07-2021, 02:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
No, I am not missing the point.

When every business is pressured/manipulated/mandated or just simply chooses to to issue vaccine mandates as terms of employment, employees can walk. They can choose to work for another company. Oh, wait.... mandates for everyone.

Today it is something that YOU agree with. You probably wear your vaccination card as a badge of honor.

Tomorrow, it may a vaccine that you feel that you do not need or that may be potentially harmful to you. Or your party affiliation. Your social credit score. The color of your eyes and hair. None of those are part of a protected class, right?
Again, you don't need to get the vaccine if you don't want to. Why are you dependent on a particular employer or group of employers? If an employer did something I didn't agree with I wouldn't work with them. It's that simple. I have the freedom of choice and prosperity and it is unaffected by what others do with their money.

It's not something I agree with as much as it being a fact. A business owner can choose what to do with his/her money. If you don't like this, then you're in the wrong country.

No one is forcing you to get the vaccine.

Old 10-07-2021, 05:36 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
I really never expected republicans to be this Anti-vax.
We aren't we are anti-force and mandate. If you haven't noticed a lot of democratic voters won't get it either. The left crossed the line when they started being authoritarian on vaccines. Who are they to say "their patience is wearing thin"?

Old 10-07-2021, 05:46 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,462,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
With duration under 1 year, and under 50 efficacy (Israel has it at 39% but even that is probably an artifact of vaccinated people testing less), it would not meet the WHO standards for a clinically approved vaccine.

Should we replace Pfizer with Moderna (which due to having more 3 times the dose of mRNA) has higher efficacy and longer duration?
I would replace it with the Moderna.

The Pfizer is far from a total failure. Even as it weakens too soon, it still prevents hospitalizations and deaths to a large degree. But I would go Moderna for those high risks wanting booster #3 now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies