Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2021, 08:58 AM

9,890 posts, read 4,653,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Drs are having their licenses and jobs threatened if they say anything negative about vax. You can watch the project veritas video 1, where a PA speaks out about her difficulty in even getting drs to report adverse events to VAERS.
Yep the whole thing comes down to the way they classify partially vaxxed. And there are at least 12 states that vaccination status doesn't go into the system automatically and you noted drs must manually enter it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...hroughs-506823
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2021, 08:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
They are as worthy. But let me provide you some scale.

The vaccines cause a severe adverse reaction in 1 person per every ten thousand. This is what I'm seeing on VAERS. It might be higher, if physicians are not reporting adverse reactions.

So think about that number, 1 in 10,000 and you know 5 people? Odds are, you won't know of a severe reaction to the vaccine at this baseline. Actually, we know the odds, if you know just 5 people who took the vaccine, 99.95% odds none of them will have a severe reaction.

Similarly, with COVID, it kills somewhere around 1 in every 300 person it infects. So you'd need to know 300 people (on average) to know of someone who died of it. Or put it this way, if you knew 5 people who got COVID, odds are 98.344% all 5 survived.

This is why many Americans don't know of anyone who has died of COVID.

But numbers matter, small percentages over large populations still become large numbers.
Indeed.
Which is why those who concentrate on undermining vaccine efforts while dismissing the millions who have died from Covid is so perplexing.
I do know someone who died of Covid.
Someone who, in theory, had many, many years of life ahead of him.
His grandson is one of the hundreds of thousands of children who have lost someone in this country to this virus.
But you and others would have us believe that their loss is irrelevant in the larger scheme because “numbers.”

Old 10-17-2021, 08:41 AM

382 posts, read 124,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
It’s terrible that some have had bad reactions, however, for every one of these reports there are many more people who received the vaccine and didn’t.

I am fully vaccinated as is everyone in my household - that’s five people, none of whom had more than aches a day or so afterwards. All of us are working, going to school, living our lives.

Why aren’t our positive experiences with the vaccine just as worthy of note as the negative?
They are, and people are paying attention and noting this as they read through the forums. People are observing those they know who have, and have not, gotten the vaccine and what followed afterward.

Quote:
Indeed.
Which is why those who concentrate on undermining vaccine efforts while dismissing the millions who have died from Covid is so perplexing.
I'm not sure of anyone who is undermining vaccine efforts. But I am aware of people who are rightfully attempting to undermine mandates ("get the vaccine or get fired").

Quote:
But you and others would have us believe that their loss is irrelevant in the larger scheme because “numbers.”
I'm not aware of anyone saying such a loss is irrelevant or that it doesn't matter or is not sad.

Old 10-17-2021, 08:51 AM

20,051 posts, read 20,867,177 times
Fact is, people die. People have to die. That’s nature, that’s life.
Nobody can, or should live forever. I know people that have died. I know people that have died from covid. It’s sad, terribly sad. But it must happen. The cycle of life.
We’re probably living too long as it is. And thus we are destroying the planet. Look at the damage the human race has done. Imagine if nobody died or lived to be 200 years old and we keep pumping out offspring? Earth would be wiped out in no time. We’d squander every resource. There’d be poverty, suffering, and sickness like you could never even imagine.
Who the hell would want to live past a reasonable expiration date anyway? Laying in bed crapping your pants and having no idea what is going on is some way to live right?
Nah. Not for me. I’d rather check out while I’m still on top of my game.
Covid serves a purpose. It thins the herd. It’s an important and necessary part of life.

Old 10-17-2021, 08:52 AM

19,813 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Fact is, people die. People have to die. That’s nature, that’s life.
Nobody can, or should live forever. I know people that have died. I know people that have died from covid. It’s sad, terribly sad. But it must happen. The cycle of life.
We’re probably living too long as it is. And thus we are destroying the planet. Look at the damage the human race has done. Imagine if nobody died or lived to be 200 years old and we keep pumping out offspring? Earth would be wiped out in no time. We’d squander every resource. There’d be poverty, suffering, and sickness like you could never even imagine.
Who the hell would want to live past a reasonable expiration date anyway? Laying in bed crapping your pants and having no idea what is going on is some way to live right?
Nah. Not for me. I’d rather check out while I’m still on top of my game.
Covid serves a purpose. It thins the herd. It’s an important and necessary part of life.
Absolutely agree. 100 percent. (Sorry I can't rep you again.)

Old 10-17-2021, 09:00 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Did you read her letter and her lawyer’s letter?
I read it. Don't really see anything damning.

This isn't some study. It's just her claim; which lacks scientific evidence.

Even example six:

Quote:
over 85%of the patients had at least one identifiable risk factor, such as prothrombotic state, use of oral contraceptives, malignancy Or infectiono My patient had zero risk factors
So.... They're not apart of that 15% that doesn't have a risk factor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies