Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 11:02 AM

4,167 posts, read 4,882,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Lol, Trump's grave will have to gated with armed security if he and his simps don't want his casket to be exhumed or turned into an unofficial septic tank.
How do you know he'll even be buried at all instead of choosing cremation??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 11:09 AM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You need to stop getting your facts from CNN. Trumps policies had the unemployment rate at historic lows. They were 3.5% in February of 2020, and even at the height of the pandemic they were at 6.9% right before the election.

Trump had the vaccine developed at warp speed, by cutting through the normal red tape.

Your post makes me wonder what planet you Libs are on.

I don't get my facts at CNN and I'm not a lib. If unemployment in 2020 was 6.9%, why 2 stimulus checks, the government was paying people unemployment to stay home with extra money weekly, school closed, high numbers of Americans on food stamps. People lost their jobs because their place of unemployment closed or their hours were cut drastically? Many government agencies closed for business or cut by more than half their operations. The IRS was mostly closed to the public for the whole year. That's just 1 agency out of many. Why did the federal government passed Federal Eviction Moratoriums and many states did their own things? because unemployment was at 6.9%? (it wasn't). Thanks for the laugh.

From BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS (not CNN): June 2020 (ELECTION YEAR): Total civilian employment fell by 8.8 million over the year, as the COVID-19 pandemic brought the economic expansion to a sudden halt, taking a tremendous toll on the U.S. labor market. The unemployment rate increased in 2020, surging to 13.0 percent in the second quarter of the year before easing to 6.7 percent in the fourth quarter. Although some people were able to work at home, the numbers of unemployed on temporary layoff, those working part time for economic reasons, and those unemployed for 27 or more weeks increased sharply over the year. https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2021/ar...9-pandemic.htm

Not only millions of people lost their jobs or their hours cut but they were prevented of looking for new jobs because many states passed mandates against it or put strong limits on people.

My post wasn't an attack on Trump. It had nothing to do with him. Thanks for playing.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Lol, Trump's grave will have to gated with armed security if he and his simps don't want his casket to be exhumed or turned into an unofficial septic tank.

for a comment about 2 elites that pushed a debacle of a war that killed a million people and left us with a huge debt? yeah, you must be a liberal. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 10-26-2021, 11:35 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I don't get my facts at CNN and I'm not a lib. If unemployment in 2020 was 6.9%, why 2 stimulus checks, the government was paying people unemployment to stay home with extra money weekly, school closed, high numbers of Americans on food stamps. People lost their jobs because their place of unemployment closed or their hours were cut drastically? Many government agencies closed for business or cut by more than half their operations. The IRS was mostly closed to the public for the whole year. That's just 1 agency out of many. Why did the federal government passed Federal Eviction Moratoriums and many states did their own things? because unemployment was at 6.9%? (it wasn't). Thanks for the laugh.

From BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS (not CNN): June 2020 (ELECTION YEAR): Total civilian employment fell by 8.8 million over the year, as the COVID-19 pandemic brought the economic expansion to a sudden halt, taking a tremendous toll on the U.S. labor market. The unemployment rate increased in 2020, surging to 13.0 percent in the second quarter of the year before easing to 6.7 percent in the fourth quarter. Although some people were able to work at home, the numbers of unemployed on temporary layoff, those working part time for economic reasons, and those unemployed for 27 or more weeks increased sharply over the year. https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2021/ar...9-pandemic.htm

Not only millions of people lost their jobs or their hours cut but they were prevented of looking for new jobs because many states passed mandates against it or put strong limits on people.

My post wasn't an attack on Trump. It had nothing to do with him. Thanks for playing.
My problem is that you could blame the virus shutting down businesses on any President. Trump didn’t cause it, so why blame him?

Old 10-26-2021, 11:37 AM

3,080 posts, read 1,747,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
I'm somewhat on the same page, although I'd rather he not express the opinions at all. I don't think it helps. Even still, I'd vote for him again over dumpster fire Biden.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:22 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,579,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
How do you know he'll even be buried at all instead of choosing cremation??
I don't. Cremation would definitely be the smart, humble, and eco-friendly way to go though, so I'm just figuring that he'll build a mausoleum to himself and stiff the contractors, just like his legacy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
for a comment about 2 elites that pushed a debacle of a war that killed a million people and left us with a huge debt? yeah, you must be a liberal. Thanks for the laugh.
Oh these comments, when the dirt hasn't even settled on Powell's grave, don't even scratch the surface of Trump's pathological crassness. I think they're war criminals too, but I'm still not going to trash someone so soon after their funeral. It's hilarious to see how conservatives, even the Tea Partiers, would vehemently defend the Iraq War until Trump. But hey, better late than never.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Oh these comments, when the dirt hasn't even settled on Powell's grave, don't even scratch the surface of Trump's pathological crassness. I think they're war criminals too, but I'm still not going to trash someone so soon after their funeral. It's hilarious to see how conservatives, even the Tea Partiers, would vehemently defend the Iraq War until Trump. But hey, better late than never.

I didn't say anything what wasn't true. We all die. He is not a friend or family member and doesn't pay my bills. What is worse than pushing for death of million of civilians and getting rich out it? Apart from voting for one after lecturing the public about morals?

It's a lot more hilarious Liberals and Democrats being against War and even calling Bush and Cheney war criminals and be so anal about it and then turn around and vote for Biden and defend Bush, a Cheney and a Powell. You can't make this up.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
My problem is that you could blame the virus shutting down businesses on any President. Trump didn’t cause it, so why blame him?

I didn't blame him. Learn to read. Trump didn't control what states did or how the virus spread .I said that was the #1 reason he lost. Every incumbent President gets re-elected or not on the economy and jobs. Corona blowing up during an election it went from a sure re-election to up for grabs and it was since Biden and Trump split 25 states each and the EC was decided by 3 states by 0.5% of the vote.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:44 PM

10,774 posts, read 4,351,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Do you see it as a him telling it like it is and standing for the truth or just being petty and tasteless ?

Here's Trump using Colin Powell's death to center the focus on himself.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-xqazu2zjds898

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

And here's Trump dissing a dead John McCain to express his criticisms on his daughter, Meghan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-etsyzmp4vg0

"Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.” At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.” In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.” She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!"

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
Bill Clinton was acting "presidential" in public while committing unspeakable acts to an intern in the Oval Office.
Acting "presidential" just means you are being fake.
Trump will never be fake.
And he would have lost in 2016 if he was fake.... while Hillary was the definition of fake.
Biden was fake in 2020 too, but many people didn't realize it until this year.

Old 10-26-2021, 12:53 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Irrelevant deflections when it comes to me.

I'm not a Democrat, and I'm not a liberal, and disliking Trump (and to people who like McCain, disliking McCain) doesn't make me either of those things.

I am curious about two things. I'll generalize, because what I'm getting at isn't Trump specific.....

1......Do you give a blanket pass to everyone who was able to get out of serving in the Vietnam War, no matter how that was accomplished ?

2......If yes to #1, is that because you believe it was an unjust war ?
Yes and yes. Getting drafted during the Viet Nam years was seen as a certain death sentence. Then there were some who actually volunteered to go. I never understood that crowd.

Those who made it home were not considered heroes. They were looked down on. The backlash to that attitude is why today we have such an emphasis on thanking our vets.

Approx 50,000 Americans died in Viet Nam. Then many years later we had people cringing when 4,000 or 5,000 died in Iraq and Afganistan. As awful as that was, it was a much lower death count. Nowhere near as awful as Viet Nam.

I am a boomer. I remember the draft and the Viet Nam war, and how the American people were told if we didn't stop communism there, it would jump the Pacific ocean and come to the US. That was such BS, and not worth dying for.

Added. Maybe Trump's disrespect for Powell and McCain is left over from some of the attitudes that were prevalent in the 1970s when most people dissed the Viet Nam vets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies