Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 01:09 PM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Added. Maybe Trump's disrespect for Powell and McCain is left over from some of the attitudes that were prevalent in the 1970s when most people dissed the Viet Nam vets.
No it isn't. Powell and McCain went hard after Trump won the nomination and made it their full time job to see him fail all by displaying a fake moral act after the fact about them 2 about wars. Trump wasn't going to sit down and take it from them. The media took sides but that wasn't a surprise.

It's one thing serving in Vietnam as a soldier and doing what you have to do to survive or evade. Another thing is using it like a trampoline to go into politics and be a war monger while getting rich and then lecture others that they don't have characters but they do. That's what Trump has a problem with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2021, 01:10 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglow View Post
How do you know he'll even be buried at all instead of choosing cremation??
He will have a gold plated mausoleum, biggest one in the cemetery. Probably will be buried with that gold toilet from his NYC apartment.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:15 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
No it isn't. Powell and McCain went hard after Trump won the nomination and made it their full time job to see him fail all by displaying a fake moral act after the fact about them 2 about wars. Trump wasn't going to sit down and take it from them. The media took sides but that wasn't a surprise.

It's one thing serving in Vietnam as a soldier and doing what you have to do to survive or evade. Another thing is using it like a trampoline to go into politics and be a war monger while getting rich and then lecture others that they don't have characters but they do. That's what Trump has a problem with.
It's yet another thing to dodge the draft because your daddy owns the building the podiatrist is in, then spend the rest of your life jabbing at veterans.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:25 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,321,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The irony is that he doesn't realize he's the biggest RINO of them all.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:33 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Do you see it as a him telling it like it is and standing for the truth or just being petty and tasteless ?

Here's Trump using Colin Powell's death to center the focus on himself.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-xqazu2zjds898

"Wonderful to see Colin Powell, who made big mistakes on Iraq and famously, so-called weapons of mass destruction, be treated in death so beautifully by the Fake News Media. Hope that happens to me someday. He was a classic RINO, if even that, always being the first to attack other Republicans. He made plenty of mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace!"

And here's Trump dissing a dead John McCain to express his criticisms on his daughter, Meghan.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-etsyzmp4vg0

"Isn’t it funny that Meghan McCain, who has always been a bully and basically a lowlife, is now complaining that it was she who was bullied by the Slobs and Radical Left maniacs of “The View.†At the request of many of her representatives, I made it possible for her father to have the world’s longest funeral, designed and orchestrated by him, even though I was never, to put it mildly, a fan. In his own very special way, he was a RINO’s RINO. Despite his fighting against me, I won Arizona by a lot in 2016 and won Arizona by even more in 2020—unfortunately the vote counters in 2020 were far more important than the candidate (See the determinative Report issued Wednesday by the Arizona Auditors!). I have since found out that McCain, who was close to last in his class at Annapolis, sent the fake and totally discredited scam Dossier to the FBI, hoping to stop the “Trump Train.†In any event, Meghan should fight the Communists instead of explaining how they beat her, hurt her, and made her “physically ill.†She should fight back against the Losers of The View the way she fights against very good and well-meaning Republicans, and she would do herself a world of good!"

Personally, I'm okay with Trump expressing his opinions and I actually find these statements pretty true and hilarious in all honesty since I was never a fan of McCain/Powell myself but I do think it would help for him to take on a more mature or "presidential" image if he's serious about running for the 2024 election.
I think it's just Trump being Trump. He says how he feels without the need to filter his words for snowflakes and fakers. You know, the people who only say nice things about a famous person's death, so as to score social media points and attaboys from the inner circle of other high profile fakers.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:38 PM

Yeah, because Democrats wouldn't take a chance to throw jabs at a Republican if they had passed away. Let's be real, both parties do it.

I think the better question is why are we automatically giving these two a pass as if they were perfect? They both took advantage of their power many times.

Did everyone suddenly forget the "Keating Five Scandal", where he received $112,000 in lawful political contributions from Charles Keating Jr. and his associates at Lincoln Savings and Loan Association, along with trips on Keating's jets? That almost destroyed his career.

Did we all forget Powell had no problem pushing Bush and Cheney's lie to the world stage that Iraq was harvesting and developing WMD's, which got the green light to start a decade long war with Iraq?

I'm not saying that automatically gives grounds to be disrespectful, but let's not act like these men were saints. I've barely grazed the tip of the iceberg for the disgusting things those two have done. Especially when Powell spent the rest of his career thinking if he just kept shoving it down our throats that he switched from the GOP party to Independent, that we'd magically forget his past.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Trashy.

But to be expected from someone with no class.

I guess you would know best.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump can't stand how admired they were and is jealous. What he has never understood is that respect earns respect. Respect seems to be a foreign concept to him.

LOL oh here we go! Tell me, what is there to be admired about? That one man thought electing a brainless woman VP to cross racial lines with his political opponent to the point where he had to start a rally by telling everyone to stop with the racist attacks on Obama? Posing with a Syrian Rebel kidnapper for a pic after McCain was informed of who the person was? Getting caught playing poker on his phone during a Senate hearing on President Obama's request to use military force in Syria? Or the Keating Five scandal that almost cost McCain his political career?

OK, let's move on to Powell. What's there to be admired about him? That he gleefully pushed Bush and Cheney's lie to the UN that Saddam was harvesting and developing WMD's, even though he knew deep down it was BS? You know, the same lie that put is in a decade long war with Iraq?

Another misinformed post by an airhead Liberal.

Last edited by DK736; 10-26-2021 at 02:55 PM..

Old 10-26-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ex-presidents? Rather doubt it.

But if you have to resort to hypothetical future scenarios to even attempt whataboutism, you may not have great argument.

Oh Please! You Natalie, and Ohiogirl will all be throwing a party the moment it'll hit the news, and you know it.

Old 10-26-2021, 02:53 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Refreshing. Both of those war criminals are deserving of every ounce of disrespect they get.
Same here. This is why Trump won so many of the independent votes because most of us see right through the BS between both the democrats and republicans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies