Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2021, 07:45 AM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, I really don't much care what skin tone religion or where the varmint falls on the alphabet scale. A varmint is a varmint. I'm not shedding any tears over his demise and what I would do on his grave won't pass for flowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2021, 08:04 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Hmmm, I really don't much care what skin tone religion or where the varmint falls on the alphabet scale. A varmint is a varmint. I'm not shedding any tears over his demise and what I would do on his grave won't pass for flowers.
And that is the mindset we should all have. Sadly, there were people coming here as an opportunity to vent their own racial resentment. When it was revealed that it was a White person who committed the shooting, and not a Black person or a refugee, well, this further proved that many will shoot and ask questions later. Some people wanted to make it all about race, in this instance.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-injured.html

Craziest thing, I live 6 minutes from there and was on my way there with my son. I couldn't understand why all the roads were blocked. This kind of thing just doesn't happen in Idaho. People here are already blaming the influx of Californians and the fact that Boise is one of the leading refugee intake cities. But details of the shooter are yet to be released.
So is the shooter from California, South America or Afghanistan?

Old 10-27-2021, 08:11 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
What this thread proved is....

1) Some people will look for ANY excuse to make a race issue out of ANYTHING, even when race wasn't the issue.
2) Some people are of the "shoot and ask questions later" mindset.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:19 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What this thread proved is....

1) Some people will look for ANY excuse to make a race issue out of ANYTHING, even when race wasn't the issue.
2) Some people are of the "shoot and ask questions later" mindset.
Yep. People have biases.

They also have zero patience and many "news" organizations will feed that with speculation and irresponsible reporting.

Once people hear or see that bad information, it becomes permanently imbedded and they're then unable to process that the original information (speculation) was wrong in the first place. We've seen that with just about every major incident with political tones.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:11 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Thank Goodness for Amazon.....no more walking around crowded malls for me.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:13 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on , man. We all know it is a White Supremacist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Interesting thread. RIP to the officer who lost his life.

To all of those who were speculating about the so-called race of the shooter.

https://www.cityofboise.org/news/pol...at-boise-mall/
I think I won , "identify the shooter" bingo !

Old 10-27-2021, 09:58 AM

25,747 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Where are all of those who were so sure of the shooter’s background now and/or whose reaction would be based on tribal affiliation?
Who cares? It's a sick individual regardless of biological skin differences. You people act like this is some sort of "sporting event" where the various colors of skin are on opposing teams and a "good play" or "bad play" is reflected upon the entire "team." If you want to go through life with that sick, pathetic, warped attitude, fine. But as for me, like I said, who cares? (besides you) The person was a sicko. End of discussion. That's all that really matters. We have evil individuals and we have non-evil individuals. And they all come in various colors.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:43 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
That's a clue!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Or belongs to certain protected religion or protected skin tone
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
THIS!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
bingo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
They are (obviously) not releasing the shooters ID because the shooter's identity/race/religion/etc/ probably does not help advance the media's usual narrative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Come on , man. We all know it is a White Supremacist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Who cares? It's a sick individual regardless of biological skin differences. You people act like this is some sort of "sporting event" where the various colors of skin are on opposing teams and a "good play" or "bad play" is reflected upon the entire "team." If you want to go through life with that sick, pathetic, warped attitude, fine. But as for me, like I said, who cares? (besides you) The person was a sicko. End of discussion. That's all that really matters. We have evil individuals and we have non-evil individuals. And they all come in various colors.
Maybe not you, but just a few of the posts. Some of them don't make a ton of sense absent the context but they're, well, obviously it's black guy comment. Again, kudos for you for not playing the race hucksters game. Many others are. They know who they are.

Old 10-27-2021, 10:48 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
So horrible. I don't understand todays world
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies