Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2021, 03:03 PM

50 posts, read 18,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
There is a 3 option: fraud. I proposed a mechanism, forge a foreign vaccine document. They will never verify it.
You don't know what info countries share with each other for what a government agency is looking for in a document submitted to them.

Even if they were born yesterday, most people dont have the background of living abroad for more than half a year as a "cover story," as you call it.

Submitting falsified records to the DMV, under penalty of perjury, is two felonies for the price of one.

You can break the law, but there is never a reasonable expectation of getting away with it.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:05 PM

712 posts, read 555,420 times
I'm fully vaccinated but it is becoming increasingly obvious this vaccine doesn't work. I am sorry I got it.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:06 PM

50 posts, read 18,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
I know people personally who do this and have heard of others. Want to know why it doesn't go to court? Because they don't push it to that point. Because they won't win.
Well then this should be all over the news and there should be tons of case law regarding it.

Should then be pretty easy for you to back up. Let me see it.

I'm waiting.

Guess I'll call this guy I know who was recently convicted of his third DUI and tell him:

"Dude! You can drive again! Forget the suspension no district attorney will pursue it!"

Old 10-26-2021, 03:07 PM

1,069 posts, read 746,631 times
I had COVID last winter and thankfully recovered from it fairly quickly. When I was cleared by my personal physicians I received both doses of the Pfizer COVID vaccine without ill effects. That said, as a libertarian I find any mandates for Americans to receive the vaccine to be gross government over reach. The vaccination mandate for federal employees and military personnel is merely a loyalty oath and requiring proof of vaccination is a de facto internal passport. I became vaccinated for COVID at the recommendation of my physicians not because a dimwit in the White House or an inept and power hungry gruppenführer masquerading as a NIAID director is ordering me to do so. I support those that choose not to be vaccinated. Requiring proof of COVID vaccination to renew a driver's license is absurd. Ironically, many that are calling for mandatory COVID vaccinations are the same ones calling mandantory voter I.D. at the polls voter suppression and a return to Jim Crow.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:08 PM

368 posts, read 214,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie White View Post
Driving is a privilege period. In the history of automobiles, not one single judge, liberal or conservative, has ever once struck down a law requiring drivers licenses or thrown out a conviction of driving on a suspended license.
That's an unfair argument because many states didn't require them at all. Production cars were invented in 1886, and South Dakota didn't institute drivers licenses until 1959, and there were dozens of other states that had no licenses over the half century after car travel became more common around 1905. Horse and carriage travel is likely as or more dangerous than car travel on a per capita accident basis, and there were no licenses required for them.

DUI should not be a crime unless you cause an accident. If you cause an accident, and the penalty for that can be severe, you can agree to not drive as a condition of non-imprisonment rather than having a license revoked.

There's no need for pilot's licenses either. If you screw up, you die. If you're carrying others, they should know you're not trained and fly at their own risk. If you're operating an airline, you're liable for any damage you cause and your customers are going to want to make sure you have trained pilots. Private schools/certifications could achieve that just as easily as government licenses. Airport owners could require that all pilots landing there be trained/certified.

Quote:
If you get pulled over and have no valid license, you will go to jail, period
Wrong - it's a traffic ticket in every state I'm aware of; not a misdemeanor, no arrest or jailtime involved, 'period.'

-------

I'm not even concerned with my having to have a drivers license, I'm concerned with your highly disturbing obsession with taking them away when it does nothing to stop the spread of disease. And when the vaccine itself does nothing to stop the spread of disease either.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:10 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
Oh, it'll happen, eventually, if the feds are allowed to proceed with the OSHA crap. Everything requiring a government stamp will be tied to your social credit score, which is what the vaccination card is the beginning of.

You will own nothing, and you'll like it.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:10 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
When you're driving alone you don't risk infecting other people, so I don't see a logical justification for that requirement.
It's not about risk. It's about forcing compliance.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:11 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie White View Post
You don't know what info countries share with each other for what a government agency is looking for in a document submitted to them.

Even if they were born yesterday, most people dont have the background of living abroad for more than half a year as a "cover story," as you call it.

Submitting falsified records to the DMV, under penalty of perjury, is two felonies for the price of one.

You can break the law, but there is never a reasonable expectation of getting away with it.
I know that unless they really wanna get you, they won’t. Too much bureaucracy, too much effort for some minimum wage slave to do for all gazillion of renewals he’s processing.

But I can also launder a fake American vaccine card into a legitimate EU one in France and then use this. They will look at the CDC card and not know how to verify, and they definitely won’t do the effort even if they knew how. Then they’ll just issue me a << pass sanitare >> for France which I’ll then use in the USA. One of many tricks.

And I’ll break every garbage law with pleasure.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:17 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Reggie is just here to be a contrarian while making us think we are a problem. We’re not.

Old 10-26-2021, 03:20 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Reggie is just here to be a contrarian while making us think we are a problem. We’re not.
There are a significant number of Americans- hopefully not half but possibly close - who think like him. They won’t say it to our faces but they’ll support politicians who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies