Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2021, 01:00 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I have never read a thing that said the vaccinations are 100% effective. If there are reputable links to such information, please post.

I have also read the 85% - 95% of those hospitalized with Covid are not vaccinated.

Strange that people who believe in natural immunities show up at hospitals rather than give their body's immune system a chance to do its work.

Brandon said it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Q. What do climate change and Covid have in common?

A. Climate deniers and anti-vaxxers don't have any valid and published science that backs their beliefs so they go on political discussion forums and Facebook and spread their misinformation there (and here). It's all they got.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:03 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
I have never read a thing that said the vaccinations are 100% effective. If there are reputable links to such information, please post.

I have also read the 85% - 95% of those hospitalized with Covid are not vaccinated.

Strange that people who believe in natural immunities show up at hospitals rather than give their body's immune system a chance to do its work.

Between 0 and 100 there is quite a range

Old 10-29-2021, 01:05 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post

A. Climate deniers and anti-vaxxers don't have any valid and published science that backs their beliefs so they go on political discussion forums and Facebook and spread their misinformation there (and here). It's all they got.
Who denies climate? Sometimes it rains, sometimes it's sunny. In Elliott's California world though, Fauci is the supreme leader and THE SCIENCE himself. All hail

Old 10-29-2021, 01:28 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,989,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
About the same effectiveness as a cloth mask with anthrax or even tear gas. None! But it's peace of mind for those who "believe".
It's about catching sneeze and cough droplets. That's about it. The 3M mask is way more effective though but exactly how much more, I don't know. The standard blue and white cheapos we use are really just virtue signaling, although the do catch sneeze droplets and reduce the carry distance.

Quote:
So healthy children need not be vaccinated against Covid, eh?

Does this mean healthy children need not be vaccinated against diphtheria, whooping cough, measles, mumps, tetanus, polio, ...?
Hardly. Polio has an almost 100% serious body damage and even death rate. That and an almost zero vaccine adverse effect plus almost 100% protection and a near lifetime protection.

I had whooping cough as an adult. It's not fun. No-one finds it fun.

Quote:

I'm not an anti-vaxxer. I'm an anti-mandater/pro informed choicer. I'm very much anti- unnecessarily forced under 12 vaxxer.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:45 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Hardly. Polio has an almost 100% serious body damage and even death rate. That and an almost zero vaccine adverse effect plus almost 100% protection and a near lifetime protection.

I had whooping cough as an adult. It's not fun. No-one finds it fun.

Lot of unvaccinated people didn't get polio, and of the ones who did, only a small percentage ended up in iron lungs or the morgue.

Many survived and with determination and therapy, lived productive, active lives. As they got older, some had post-polio symptoms. I worked with some of these people in helping them learn to go about their activities of day living in ways that minimized muscle recruitment.

And yes, there were adverse effects from the vaccination, and the near lifetime protection is because nearly everyone is vaccinated as a child, so those whose immunity wore off, or never took in the first place, are not exposed to polio.

According to the CDC, "It is not known how long people who received IPV will be immune to poliovirus,"

Whooping cough is not fun either. "CDC estimates that in the first year after getting vaccinated with Tdap, it protects about 7 out of 10 people who receive it. There is a decrease in effectiveness in each following year. About 3 or 4 out of 10 people are fully protected 4 years after getting Tdap."

https://www.cdc.gov/pertussis/about/faqs.html#lifetime

The reason more don't get whooping cough is that when everyone is immunized, it doesn't spread around.

Old 10-29-2021, 01:46 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Strange that many of those who keep demanding that we get things back to the way they used to are the same people who refuse to get vaccinated and/or wear masks, the very strategies that will get things back to the way they used to be.

Who said irony is dead?

Old 10-29-2021, 01:55 PM

2,335 posts, read 815,448 times
Quote:

I have also read the 85% - 95% (roughly 33% in ICUs and 15% of in-patient care) of those hospitalized with Covid are not vaccinated. Two out of every three in ICUs are non-covid and 6 out of every 7 with in-patient care are non-covid.

The bolded is the non-hyperbolic version.

Old 10-29-2021, 02:10 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,121,214 times
Quote:
So healthy children need not be vaccinated against Covid, eh?

Does this mean healthy children need not be vaccinated against diphtheria, whooping cough, measles, mumps, tetanus, polio, ...?
Using YOUR logic everyone should wear a Nomex suit, helmet, 5 point harness and have roll bars in their cars when driving!

Quote:

You know what ELSE they have in common? NO debate or dissent allowed! Also, they cancel, corrupt or cast out any of their own that speak out against, offer other solutions or do any research that doesn't match the desired outcome!

Old 10-29-2021, 03:24 PM

19,036 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Interpretation
Vaccination reduces the risk of delta variant infection and accelerates viral clearance. Nonetheless, fully vaccinated individuals with breakthrough infections have peak viral load similar to unvaccinated cases and can efficiently transmit infection in household settings, including to fully vaccinated contacts. Host–virus interactions early in infection may shape the entire viral trajectory.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...648-4/fulltext

"Accelerating viral clearance" would suggest that while peak viral loads might be the same, the duration you were at peak loads, and by extension any contagious viral load, would be shorter than if you were not vaccinated. Not to mention it reduces the risk of being infected with Delta in the first place.

So.....
Hold on.
If you have reduced risk of being infected with Delta - btw, there’s Delta + now - how do you shad the virus then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies