Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2021, 08:51 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times

Advertisements

Have we reached the high water mark of woke?
there are signs that the woke progressive model may be losing its appeal, even among some liberals. The bulk of public opinion is not in progressives’ favour. In the US, activist progressives, notes a recent study, represent eight per cent of the electorate – barely half the size of moderates and barely a third of the size of conservatives. What they lack in numbers, however, they make up for with single-minded determination; progressive whites, notes the Atlantic, are the most intolerant of all Americans, led by those in the Boston area, while people in smaller towns and cities seem far more open.

The scalps of those targeted by the woke are strewn across the landscape. There’s the cancellations of ideologically unacceptable speakers, the delisting of books and the increasingly selective media coverage, evident particularly in the 2020 election and its aftermath. Yet the very vehemence of progressives, their lack of humour or grace, may prove to be their undoing.

‘Cancel culture’ is no more popular than the rest of the woke agenda. More millennials oppose than support cancel culture, notes a recent Morning Consult poll. The older generations are much more firmly against it. But most heartening is that those in the younger generation, the so-called Zs, are the most hostile to cancel culture, with 55 per cent disapproving of it and only eight per cent supporting it.
The article goes on about race failures, Bernie Sanders green team failures, immigration failures, and free speech failures.

It's a good summary of the failure of woke-ness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 09:02 PM

13,499 posts, read 4,323,471 times
He is another one who has to retired. He is from the Bill and Hillary wing of the Democrat tree. He gets this way everytime the party loses.

Old 11-03-2021, 09:45 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,624,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Have we reached the high water mark of woke?
there are signs that the woke progressive model may be losing its appeal, even among some liberals. The bulk of public opinion is not in progressives’ favour. In the US, activist progressives, notes a recent study, represent eight per cent of the electorate – barely half the size of moderates and barely a third of the size of conservatives. What they lack in numbers, however, they make up for with single-minded determination; progressive whites, notes the Atlantic, are the most intolerant of all Americans, led by those in the Boston area, while people in smaller towns and cities seem far more open.

The scalps of those targeted by the woke are strewn across the landscape. There’s the cancellations of ideologically unacceptable speakers, the delisting of books and the increasingly selective media coverage, evident particularly in the 2020 election and its aftermath. Yet the very vehemence of progressives, their lack of humour or grace, may prove to be their undoing.

‘Cancel culture’ is no more popular than the rest of the woke agenda. More millennials oppose than support cancel culture, notes a recent Morning Consult poll. The older generations are much more firmly against it. But most heartening is that those in the younger generation, the so-called Zs, are the most hostile to cancel culture, with 55 per cent disapproving of it and only eight per cent supporting it.
The article goes on about race failures, Bernie Sanders green team failures, immigration failures, and free speech failures.

It's a good summary of the failure of woke-ness.
another excellent article from spiked, thanks for posting.

"In the US, activist progressives, notes a recent study, represent eight per cent of the electorate – barely half the size of moderates and barely a third of the size of conservatives."

^ this is the tiny percentage of the US population that is doing its level best to destroy our country.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:06 PM

1,153 posts, read 632,631 times
Personally, I'm glad to see that, even in the Blue state I live in, venting about Biden and the Democrats has become much more normalized compared to 2020 alone.

I regularly see people who don't even consider themselves conservative complaining about Biden, illegal immigration, trans rights, inflation, Afghanistan, etc.

Biden is slowly but surely dismantling the Far Left without trying and I'm here for it.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:10 PM

26,661 posts, read 28,737,357 times
There is hope because the youngest people do not support this stupidity. I may be an oldster but I do not support this silly wokeness either. I hate it and I wish the Dems could listen to their moderate majority, instead of catering to things we don't even agree with.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post
Personally, I'm glad to see that, even in the Blue state I live in, venting about Biden and the Democrats has become much more normalized compared to 2020 alone.

I regularly see people who don't even consider themselves conservative complaining about Biden, illegal immigration, trans rights, inflation, Afghanistan, etc.

Biden is slowly but surely dismantling the Far Left without trying and I'm here for it.
as are we all. it can't happen soon enough.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:15 PM

32,122 posts, read 15,112,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarHero45 View Post

No, the far left will take over just like the far right has. As a moderate I find it sad that we have let extremists in both parties take over our country because both are destroying it.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, the far left will take over just like the far right has. As a moderate I find it sad that we have let extremists in both parties take over our country because both are destroying it.
the far right have no power and are destroying nothing whatsoever.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:19 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
another excellent article from spiked, thanks for posting.

"In the US, activist progressives, notes a recent study, represent eight per cent of the electorate – barely half the size of moderates and barely a third of the size of conservatives."

^ this is the tiny percentage of the US population that is doing its level best to destroy our country.
If the middle class ever figured out how big we are - we could run things around here.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:21 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,742,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
There is hope because the youngest people do not support this stupidity
weird take!! Gen Z are the most mentally damaged in US history, they will be in positions of power sooner than later!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies