Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2021, 08:16 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times

Advertisements

5 years to live?

Lot better prognosis that those who are hospitalized with Covid right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2021, 09:21 AM

1,969 posts, read 675,959 times
It's time to either learn about probabilities or to stop being disingenuous.

This guy's risk of Covid fatality or hospitalization is miniscule for his age group and health status. I get that you want to flatten the risk curve to push the vax, pro-jabbers, but that's a massive mistake.

This guy should have waited. That is/was the prudent decision for any young/healthy person under 60. If the spike protein is harmful as we're now finding out it is, getting Covid then getting jabbed is just a bad mistake.

Old 11-08-2021, 09:31 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,434,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Seriously? Let them eat cake. Let them start their own company. There are people who live paycheck to paycheck. They don't even have enough money to move to another state. It's not that easy.

And yet that's exactly what people who do not want the vaccine or to wear masks in the workplace are telling people who are immunocompromised (so vaccines are less effective) or who cannot get vaccinated due to health issues.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:26 AM

9,861 posts, read 4,634,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You mean Trump's vaccine?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html

"Cases of myocarditis reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) have occurred... Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis who received care responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly. Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities after their symptoms improve."

https://thecovidworld.com/florian-da...end-of-career/

Can I get a citation for your 5 year to live figure?

You are partially correct. Trump opened the door for Big Pharma. Big Pharma isn't the typical contractor he's used to doing business with. Their tentacles are all over. They are more than the reps they sent to the White House for negotiation. Problem is he let health agencies/bureaucrats have too much power and was taking biased opinion from career establishment types. He should've used the expedited policy for treatments. Worry about long term managment after issues in the short term are handled.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And yet that's exactly what people who do not want the vaccine or to wear masks in the workplace are telling people who are immunocompromised (so vaccines are less effective) or who cannot get vaccinated due to health issues.
There have been immunocompromised individuals forever. Did you wear a mask and tiptoe around them for you entire life? Why not?

Or did they take responsibility for their own health and make their own decisions as to what was comfortable for them?

All those times you went out in public or went to work with a cold, MY GOD you could've KILLED SOMEBODY!!!!

1. If you think YOU are going to KILL SOMEBODY by leaving your house, you need to stay home.
2. If you think YOU will BE KILLED by leaving your house, you need to stay home.

PS. People who get the vaccine also get sick. People who get the vaccine also infect others. Same as unvaccinated. WE are all THE SAME.

The vaccine does not do what you think it does. Princess Bride principle.

It does not mean ANYTHING.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:34 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,505,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You mean Trump's vaccine?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...ocarditis.html

"Cases of myocarditis reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) have occurred... Most patients with myocarditis or pericarditis who received care responded well to medicine and rest and felt better quickly. Patients can usually return to their normal daily activities after their symptoms improve."

https://thecovidworld.com/florian-da...end-of-career/

Can I get a citation for your 5 year to live figure?
Trump got the vaccine out there for those who felt particularly vulnerable to dire outcomes from Covid. The vaccine in and of itself is not a bad thing. It helped those that felt shut inside their homes come back out into the world again.

The problem is, the vaccines DO have some potential side effects that need to be taken into account. Instead, those in favor of the vax mandates want to sweep it under the rug and pretend these bad side effects do not happen.

Myocarditis and pericarditis is not a little thing and Biden has no authority to be demanding that anyone take that risk.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:38 AM

17,366 posts, read 16,505,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There have been immunocompromised individuals forever. Did you wear a mask and tiptoe around them for you entire life? Why not?

Or did they take responsibility for their own health and make their own decisions as to what was comfortable for them?

All those times you went out in public or went to work with a cold, MY GOD you could've KILLED SOMEBODY!!!!

1. If you think YOU are going to KILL SOMEBODY by leaving your house, you need to stay home.
2. If you think YOU will BE KILLED by leaving your house, you need to stay home.

PS. People who get the vaccine also get sick. People who get the vaccine also infect others. Same as unvaccinated. WE are all THE SAME.

The vaccine does not do what you think it does. Princess Bride principle.

It does not mean ANYTHING.
Adding that Fully Vaccinated people have gotten Covid and died.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:48 AM

1,665 posts, read 974,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
I can list off 30-50 businesses that don't require you have a car, education, live in a certain place, a foundation, etc... All it takes is a mindset to do whatever it takes to succeed. If you want to shine shoes, you better be the shoe shiner that is in the highest demand in the world. Be the shoe shiner that everyone just has to pay for. Celebrities come to you. Government officials. Heads of state.

You get the drift...
Please tell me the jobs. I'm on my lunch break, so maybe I might reconsider my career. Would absolutely LOVE to be my own boss.

But I ain't shining any shoes!

Old 11-08-2021, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Please tell me the jobs. I'm on my lunch break, so maybe I might reconsider my career. Would absolutely LOVE to be my own boss.

But I ain't shining any shoes!
Especially a job that's the equivalent of someone who has invested in education to a PhD level and is an executive director making 6 figures + health insurance supporting 2 kids in college and 1 parent in LTC.

Should be SUPER easy to open a business and sustain that life in what, like a week?

Love to have the poster enlighten us.

Old 11-08-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Let's start with Day Trader.

Appointment setter
Realtor
customer service rep
medical billing
Tech help
Coach
Language teacher
Life insurance
https://wahadventures.com/best-self-...ed-jobs-ideas/

That article has like 55 of them, I got tired of typing.
Really?

I know NOTHING about day trading. But I can start RIGHT NOW!!!! And make how much?

I can start tomorrow as a realtor? No training involved?

I can make 6 figures starting tomorrow as a language teacher?

I have a friend that sells insurance. It took him 5 YEARS to get established. His coworkers were giving him grocery store gift cards so he could support his family because he made very little. he had been waiting tables, but got hurt and couldn't do that anymore.

Your post is seriously out of touch with reality. Like out of bounds. Like As Seen on TV nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies