Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2021, 08:52 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Her own dad wants nothing to do with her.
Your point? Apparently her father hasn’t been that close to her since his divorce from her mother.

Old 11-10-2021, 09:07 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Did she pull a jar of Grey Poupon out of her purse?

Old 11-10-2021, 10:11 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times
What a clown she is

Old 11-10-2021, 10:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yeah this is a stretch. Don't hear the French accent. I suspect that Abigail Marone -- who is cited in this article -- doesn't hear or know much French.

LOL.

REminds me of the French teacher one of my kids had in middle school in Georgia. She was from Alabama. She had spent some time in Paris but her French accent -- with the southern twang was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

French was my first language.

Moderator cut: off topic

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-12-2021 at 06:09 AM..

Old 11-10-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber rain View Post
Yes by far, especially now that my father has passed. We speak my mother's native language with her. We grew up that way. My father spoke English and my mother Thai. We were bi-lingual from day one. hahaha

Most of my friends here speak limited English others speak British or Australian English. My sister and I speak in all 5 languages that we know, usually depending on who is around us, for privacy.

Unfortunately, my written English skills tend to reflect my language thought processes. I mean that, I tend to think in Thai and then convert it to English.
Sorry that your father has passed. It’s amazing that you and your sister speak 5 languages though. There’s nothing in your written English that indicates the thought process you describe, at least from what I’ve seen. Your written skills are better than plenty people who speak English alone.

I only speak English and some Spanish. My father was trilingual when he came here but never taught us. We grew up hearing some Spanish culturally so that came easier for us. My sister also speaks some Japanese. That’s about it. Hopefully my future children will be at least trilingual.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yeah this is a stretch. Don't hear the French accent. I suspect that Abigail Marone -- who is cited in this article -- doesn't hear or know much French.

LOL.

REminds me of the French teacher one of my kids had in middle school in Georgia. She was from Alabama. She had spent some time in Paris but her French accent -- with the southern twang was the funniest thing I had ever heard.

French was my first language.
Moderator cut: off topic
Right. I was thinking…where is the French accent? I played the video back like 5 times. Hahaha

Omg, French with a Southern twang. I can’t imagine how that sounds.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-12-2021 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 11-10-2021, 10:50 PM

100 posts, read 64,006 times
It looks like she found Hillarys' liquor cabinet.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:55 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
That was almost as embarrassing as the time Webb Hubbell's baby mama pulled the hot sauce out of her purse while doing the interview on a black radio show.

Democrats are prone to be embarrassing like that. I used to laugh when Barack Obama went into "droppin' G's" mode while speaking to a black audience. That kicked Harry Reid right in the feels, because he was the one that bragged about Obama being "clean-cut, without a Negro dialect."

Harris's stunt may have topped all of that with its stupidity. She's an embarrassment, accent or not, but this made her look even more foolish than normal. What I wouldn't give to hear her cackle with a French accent.
First things that came to mind when I saw the video.

Yes, Dems have a knack of doing bizarre and insulting things when pandering and for those that are not aware all of the above actually happened also.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:01 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
I found it all to be cringe worthy. That said, I wonder what the scientists were thinking about it.

Old 11-10-2021, 11:01 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
That was almost as embarrassing as the time Webb Hubbell's baby mama pulled the hot sauce out of her purse while doing the interview on a black radio show.

Democrats are prone to be embarrassing like that. I used to laugh when Barack Obama went into "droppin' G's" mode while speaking to a black audience. That kicked Harry Reid right in the feels, because he was the one that bragged about Obama being "clean-cut, without a Negro dialect."

Harris's stunt may have topped all of that with its stupidity. She's an embarrassment, accent or not, but this made her look even more foolish than normal. What I wouldn't give to hear her cackle with a French accent.
I’m sure she would give her very best “Maurice Chevalier” style cackle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies