Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 03:24 PM

1,203 posts, read 617,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
What's wrong with boosters? Many vaccines require boosters. Tetanus, smallpox, pertussis, diphtheria, etc.

What's wrong with mRNA?
We consume mRNA everyday. Most living things use mRNA. It just gets destroyed by the stomach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2021, 03:32 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Sounds like a conspiracy, right? Nope.

[URL="https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/grow-and-eat-your-own-vaccines"]https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/grow-and-eat-your-own-vaccines[/URL]
I'm actually thrilled to see this kind of research because it may provide a path to controlling Covid and other zoonotic infections in animal populations.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:43 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I just watched a movie called "The Crazies." Decent movie as far as movies go. Kinda reminded me of what we will soon be going through in real life America. Except it will be intentional rather than accidental and it will be national rather than a small-town thing.

Old 11-13-2021, 03:44 PM

382 posts, read 124,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
the libs are the anti-gmo crowd
Heyyyyyyyyy now. Not completely true. Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDproAV View Post
Sounds like a conspiracy, right? Nope.

https://www.universityofcalifornia.e...r-own-vaccines
Ok, so, I'm assuming then that the lettuce will be regulated by the FDA, grown in a lab, and I can go to the local pharmacy to pick up my lettuce vaccine?

But really though, how is this practical at all? Lettuce is extremely perishable, for one thing.

The only reason I can think of as to why this would be desired would be to expose people against their knowledge or will to a biological agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
You do not have to believe every far fetched techno-futurist pitch you come across.
"The project’s goals [were] made possible by a $500,000 grant from the National Science Foundation"

So it's not just a pitch; it's a real project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
If you are really concerned about food maybe some concern should develop about antibiotics in livestock and glyphosate sprayed on crops.
Way ahead of you there. Been concerned about this for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

All those hormone disrupting chemicals are coming back to haunt us.
They already are.

Old 11-14-2021, 04:25 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I just watched a movie called "The Crazies." Decent movie as far as movies go. Kinda reminded me of what we will soon be going through in real life America. Except it will be intentional rather than accidental and it will be national rather than a small-town thing.
We have people who behave like that now. You can go on youtube and see many of the outbursts in public in recent times. A lot of anger and fear fueled chaos in society like a virus itself.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:14 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
The name sounds appropriate to the current times. I'll have to check it out.

I get cringey now watching new or old dystopian or apocalyptic type movies, which i used to enjoy, because they hit too close to home.

Old 11-14-2021, 08:24 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,449,540 times
Well, let me ask this:

What would be the best solution for world hunger, rampant pollution, and depletion of natural resources?

Would population control fit the bill?

Hell, what would be the best way to fix social security? The Cuomo method?

Old 11-14-2021, 08:37 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Put it in pot edibles.
Hey! Leave weed out of this!

Old 11-14-2021, 08:44 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,791,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGurlHeather View Post
Those pesky GMO's. The thing about medical research is that typically nothing is off the table. Not even Fauci and his Beagles and aids babies.
Which is why typically (before we all lost our sanity) we keep the dweebs in lab coats securely locked in their labs and nowhere near policymaking.

Old 11-15-2021, 01:53 PM

4,563 posts, read 4,100,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
Which is why typically (before we all lost our sanity) we keep the dweebs in lab coats securely locked in their labs and nowhere near policymaking.
Dweebs in lab coats aren’t the problem. Entitled businessmen obsessed with ever increasing wealth and stock returns are the problem.

GMOs are the product of trying to squeeze fewer farmers to get more profit out of large parcels of land.

GMOs would not be necessary if we had more farmers growing food on smaller parcels. The problem is this is inconvenient for business people so we will not see any change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies