Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2021, 12:36 PM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Being able to smoke pot every day for 20 to 40 years proves quite well how society in trying to ban marijuana does little good and fails. Knowledge of what heavy daily use of marijuana can do to your health needs to be as well known as what long term heavy usage of cigarettes and alcohol can do to your health.
I'd wager these people know that and just don't care. Doesn't matter what the medium is there will always be people that abuse it and suffer the health consequences of it...legal or not.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:09 PM

1,811 posts, read 900,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Our government wants us all stoned, if not addicted to hard drugs, and stupid. A place where the masses will rely on government to take care of them.
Truth. It’s the Democrats way of continuing their legacy of racism and institutional slavery. If they every get sober and rise up we’ll see another civil war as they break the chains of bondage.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:18 PM

17,304 posts, read 12,251,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Truth. It’s the Democrats way of continuing their legacy of racism and institutional slavery. If they every get sober and rise up we’ll see another civil war as they break the chains of bondage.
You may want to look at the effects of the war on drugs and private for profit prisons…

Old 11-14-2021, 01:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Back when I still smoked weed that's what I would do. 2 or 3 puffs in the evening, just enough for a pleasant buzz. I'd pack a bowl and it would last me all week. I'd buy a quarter ounce and it would last me 3 or 4 months. People say there's no such thing as a casual pot smoker, the pot smoking equivalent of the guy who has a beer or glass of wine with dinner, but in my experience those people are incorrect.
That's not heavy use. So not what I was referring to. A buzz is different than being stoned daily. That's why I used the term. Some people don't know when to stop.

I had a friend who led AA classes, but he hadn't drank in 20 years. He explained the difference to me quite well when I asked him if it bothered him if I drank on some weekends. He said a habit is different than an addiction. Once you lose the ability to choose when/how much you have a problem. Alcoholics can't limit it to weekends. I get that as I've experienced it with cigarettes for sure.

Some people even try to say pot isn't addictive. It is for many and the numbers in rebab prove that. It's #3 for addiction after cigs and alcohol.

I don't think I am being a prude by thinking it's not ok to do things in front of kids that are too young to understand the hazards of addiction. I am also a bit influenced as I have a friend who takes in foster kids. ALL of the parents who lost custody are on drugs. Some not hard drugs either, just pot. But they lay around stoned and forget to feed the kids. Sometimes the kids wander off and then the parents get caught. Really sad. Probably the rich pot heads do the same. They can get away with it though as they can afford nannies.

Old 11-14-2021, 01:40 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Doing drugs in front of children, while sitting at the park, would have been very taboo not long ago.

The normalization of marijuana is just getting weird. It's still odd to see/hear people from all walks of life openly smoking and talking about weed.
People drink alcohol in front of children, too.

Is there a difference?

Cannabis can be consumed in many forms.

( I don’t consume mood altering substances)

Old 11-14-2021, 01:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,842,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Doing drugs in front of children, while sitting at the park, would have been very taboo not long ago.

The normalization of marijuana is just getting weird. It's still odd to see/hear people from all walks of life openly smoking and talking about weed.
People smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol in front of their kids.

When I was a little kid, my dad always smoked in the house AND in the car, with the windows closed. Lots of parents did the same and still do. Can you imagine doing that to your own kids? I can't.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 11-14-2021 at 02:08 PM..

Old 11-14-2021, 03:41 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
And thousands consume alcoholic beverages in front of children. And I wonder what the number is when these drunk idiots get into fights because of it.

And all you anti marijuana people, that has never consumed marijuana, DO NOT have a say about what weed does. For you do not know the effect.

But that Reefer Madness though!

Old 11-14-2021, 04:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Old 11-14-2021, 04:03 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
And thousands consume alcoholic beverages in front of children. And I wonder what the number is when these drunk idiots get into fights because of it.

And all you anti marijuana people, that has never consumed marijuana, DO NOT have a say about what weed does. For you do not know the effect.

But that Reefer Madness though!
Two wrongs do not make a right.

Old 11-14-2021, 04:41 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
there are so many un-monitored chemicals in our environment that second hand smoke barely deserves a mention...

consider plain old plastics plastics have been found in 80 percent of ALL water on earth, particles so small they cross the blood/brain barrier...consider "organic" means it has a carbon atom in it, OIL is organic, an orange contains arsenic.....

i haven't smoked marijuana in at least 40 years as it never mover me..lol 40 years of talk about now is just boring to me

while i dont advocate for drug usage i can tell you from a lifetime of experience that most probably everything you associate with drug abuse comes about from the prohibition and underground nature of it consumption....and i can imagine people of the future looking at our drug policy as we look at the Salem witch trials now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies