Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 06:10 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,304,546 times

Advertisements

Distancing and masks are counterproductive with a virus where the immunity wears off over time. We should be doing the opposite and encouraging close contract because its healthier for the immune system in the long run to get microdoses of virus to act like a booster. I won't argue for boosters or not, that is a personal choice. I still maintain we should get whole virus vaccines Covaxin or sinovac here for the hesitant.

I should point out it was Trump that gave the money initially to Phizer in operation warp speed to use mRNA technology so the fact those are the vaccines we have approved here is squarely on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 06:14 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,251,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Distancing and masks are counterproductive with a virus where the immunity wears off over time. We should be doing the opposite and encouraging close contract because its healthier for the immune system in the long run to get microdoses of virus to act like a booster. I won't argue for boosters or not, that is a personal choice. I still maintain we should get whole virus vaccines Covaxin or sinovac here for the hesitant.

^^^This is correct.
Exposure is your best bet unless you are immunocompromised.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:16 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,251,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical_Thinker View Post
Vaccinated or not, 85%+ of those people on vents will die. Vents kill, and yet they insist on using them. And it's one of the most horrid deaths imaginable.

That's why I made a pact from Day One that I'll never go to hospital if I ever got severe covid - that vent terrifies me more than death itself.
I agree.

It's a terrible thing man. It is haunting.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:47 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,304,546 times
If their body oxygen levels are going under 90% (something that happens when a person gets severe covid) they have no choice but to put them on oxygen. I'm not sure if forced ventilators are the same as simply giving them a tank of oxygen and letting them breathe it on their own. If they are capable of taking breaths on their own are they still hooking them up to machines that breathe for them? Are they giving them 100% pure oxygen?

On another note I brought up in the past that you can test yourself with a pulse oximeter and if your body oxygen levels drop get yourself to the hospital and your chances of surviving become much greater. Most people who died of covid got on supplementary oxygen too late and succumb to hypoxia related side effects from a prolonged period of low oxygen levels. That's what really causes these multi system organ failures. Why the media doesn't emphasize this more who knows.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:21 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times
The rant by legalsea on the first page ignores the fact that every single government agency now says that THE VACCINATED CAN SPREAD COVID.

Why do so many people fail to acknowledge that?????

Old 11-18-2021, 07:21 AM

3,351 posts, read 1,241,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
It is alarming. But, when you have millions still unvaccinated, what do you expect? At least 80 million, so I recall, without even one shot. Football games with 10s of thousands in attendance. Other events. All acting like the pandemic is over.

I wish we could convince the dunderheads that this is a pandemic, much like the Spanish flu of 1918.

This novel coronavirus does not 'care' what your political views are. It does not 'care' about anything, except to reproduce. That is what viruses do.

Our knowledge of the virus is nil.

We are about to have several million people join the disability programs. People that worked, but can no longer do so.

Note: Until I retired in 2018, I worked for the disability part of Social Security for almost 30 years. I'm damned glad I'm out, when faced with this pandemic.

Yet, we can't even convince people to wear a mask? Even in 1918 they realized that wearing a mask slows the flu. How is it that we have not advanced in 100 years?

This coronavirus will, like all pandemics, eventually end, due to its mutation.

The Spanish Flu (which started in Kansas) eventually mutated down. It still exist, but no longer deadly.

Yet, we have cowards (there is no other word for it) whom continue to deny that this virus is a threat, despite almost 800,000 deaths in less than two years.

It is easier to deny, than to stand up and say "I will act!"

Remember that, when you read about those that refuse to wear a mask.

Next up: the flu. Not the common flu we take annual vaccines for, but a new flu. One that is not known, one that is not bothered by any vaccine. One, like the Spanish Flu, that is brand new.

I bet President Biden is not 'tossing the playbook', unlike Trump did regarding the Obama playbook on novel viruses.
The Spanish flu comparisons are horrendous
They're as insane as people who think this entire thing is a hoax
The Spanish flu had young healthy people dropping like flies which is nothing like covid

Old 11-18-2021, 07:26 AM

19,833 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post
The Spanish flu comparisons are horrendous
They're as insane as people who think this entire thing is a hoax
The Spanish flu had young healthy people dropping like flies which is nothing like covid
Yes, and the Spanish flu caused an estimated 675,000 deaths in the U.S. when it had one-third the population and it caused an estimated 50 million deaths worldwide when the world population was about 25% what it is now. From the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-res...emic-h1n1.html.

And then, of course, there is the pesky little FACT that no one knows how many people actually have died with COVID as the primary cause of death.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:27 AM

2,984 posts, read 1,169,646 times
So what hell the op wants to lockup again?? I don't think so!!

Old 11-18-2021, 07:45 AM

40,955 posts, read 49,242,733 times
It's obvious everyone needs another 6-10 Booster shots. Line up for yours.

Old 11-18-2021, 07:52 AM

1,199 posts, read 735,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Spooky, scary headline but:

"You look at the hospitalizations, we're still amongst the lowest in the nation," Scott said. "That's been our strategy all along. We're looking at hospitalizations, and the ICU capacity -- we're protecting our health care system, and we've done just that."
At this point of the pandemic, reducing and minimizing severe cases and hospitalization is all that matters.

I truly believed when vaccines came out that COVID would be a thing of the past but it's quite obvious that's not going to happen.

However, I remember the original worry about this pandemic when it first started was to prevent hospitals from overflowing and the healthcare system from collapsing.

At this point, as long as we can prevent overwhelming the healthcare system, I personally will consider this pandemic over and will consider bit just something to live with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies