Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2021, 07:26 PM

73,188 posts, read 62,899,418 times

Advertisements

Charging those thugs with a hate crime would be a very good idea. It would show that such behavior will not be tolerated. I'm also cynical of whether it would be a deterrent. The kind of persons who commit such sick crimes, these are individuals who are basically violent, and part of the underclass. These persons not only hate Asians, they hate ANYONE who isn't American Black. Said persons would do this to Black immigrants. During the 1980s, there were clashes between American Blacks and Haitians. Some American Blacks in Miami really hated Haitian immigrants.

A Haitian psychologist said this about the divided between Haitians and American Blacks.

''There is a distance, even a certain resentment, between American blacks and Haitians, There is even anger. Haitians still believe in the American dream, while American blacks do not.''

-Dr. Ginette Dreyfuss Diderich.

There are 99+ problems that have basically festered in America. There is a segment of the Black population that gave up a long time ago, and things have only gotten worse since then. Prison will certainly lock up the criminals. However, there must also be respect for society at large. Alot of Black people have succeeded and moved on to bigger and better things. For those who are part of the underclass, many problems going on. Some of those attacking people see Asians as both weak/nerdy and invaders at the same time. Part of me has wondered if it's just too late at this point. Anything that could have been done to solve these issues, should have been done a long time ago.

I also think about this. The immigrant vs the Black underclass individual. One is a narrative of seeing best America can offer. The other, a narrative of seeing America at its worst, and viewing the American dream as a joke.

In closing, this is what I think. Being studious, law abiding, and hard working won't keep you from being a target. Many people are hateful, angry, and likely have a vindictive view towards society in general. And there are those whom not even prison will deter.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Do black people in the hood hate themselves and feel like they are left behind and have no hope? Or is that just the narrative about them spun by mostly white liberals? I've never gotten the impression ghetto blacks are sad and depressed about their lives.
Everything I've said, none of it came from White liberals. I've never heard a White liberal talk like that. This is all me, and what came from my mind. This is stuff I've studied. This is stuff I've gotten from talking to my father. There are Black people who do hate themselves. Is it the majority? No. However, there are some Black people who do have no respect for anyone, not even their own people. Just complete nihilism combined with anger and hopelessness. This certainly exists among individuals who commit violent crimes. Those who commit violent crimes, and do so for sport have alot of hate and nihilism in them.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:31 PM

26,654 posts, read 15,208,353 times
Darn white supremacy! We need more equity where Asians are discriminated against in admissions to reign in this white supremacy.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
I know you're not a fan of the NOI but Malcom X did have a clear grasp of the problem and a way out.

Sadly, I think he'd been stunned at the conditions of many inner city Black communities today.
Malcolm X knew how to reach people in the ghettos.

Well, he certainly would not be accepted by those who are perfectly find living in predominantly non-Black areas. Myself personally, I don't have a tribalistic mindset. I'll hang with anyone regardless of race.

When Malcolm X died, there were still many places that were in awful shape.

Old 11-20-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Nothing. I don't see anything changing with regards to the MSM and race. It is what it is.
Then what was the point of bringing all of that up? Based on what you're saying, you see alot of problems.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:24 PM

14,017 posts, read 8,172,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Then what was the point of bringing all of that up? Based on what you're saying, you see alot of problems.

My point is nothing will improve within dysfunctional Black communities until drastic measures are taken. Pilot program: Close the housing projects in Chicago and Oakland. Relocate the residents to areas throughout the country. The neighborhoods where they are placed might understandably be upset if a housing project was planned. However, just a single family? Perhaps not so much

When San Francisco closed two large housing projects sometime during the 80's the residents who lived there moved in force across the bridge into the East Bay. This helped lower the crime rate in SF but increased crime elsewhere.

Now the AA mother (or father) is very likely to feel out of place in non-Black community. Tough. Don't like it? Get a job, support your kids and can move wherever like.

But if she wants' to keep her benefits including housing she needs move to where she is placed.

Last edited by john3232; 11-20-2021 at 08:51 PM..

Old 11-20-2021, 08:36 PM

447 posts, read 323,564 times
Talking with a poster in two posts I learned a new word, 'underclass'.

I at least saw him saying this for 5 times in the two posts about African American's attack against Asian American.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:39 PM

Quote:
This thread is about a Black hate crime against Asian. My point is nothing will improve within dysfunctional Black communities until drastic measures are taken. Pilot program: Close the housing projects in Chicago and Oakland. Relocate the residents to areas throughout the country. Those currently living there might understandably be upset if a public project was built but that wouldn't happen.

There would be one family and only one family moved to a particular location.

When San Francisco closed two large housing projects sometime during the 80's the residents who lived there moved in force across the bridge into the East Bay. This helped lower the crime rate in SF but increased crime elsewhere.
Chicago tore down some of its public housing. Some of its former occupants went to places like Iowa, where the cost of living is lower. Some of those persons just continued their dysfunctional ways in Iowa.

There are thousands of people to move. While there are certainly plenty of places to move said persons, there are holes in this. It is like I said. Underclass, dysfunctional types will find each other. There is a better chance of said persons falling in with the underclass Whites than learning from the higher echelons of the White population.

I've mentioned this before. There will be those who will not be happy to see people who were once in the projects being relocated to their communities, even one person. Many will likely take it to a vote and say NO. In order for your plan to work, you have to get over some hurdles.
-First, the prospective communities have to say yes to it. I imagine many people move out to certain areas to get away from individuals who inhabit the likes of the projects. Some people won't be to happy about your plan. -Second, even if you could get the relocation to work, there is the situation of assimilation. It may or may not work. In order for it to work, BOTH the host community and the person moving there have to work together. How does one assimilate if they aren't exactly accepted by the community they are relocated to?
-Third, and I've mentioned this before. Many people who take their bad habits elsewhere will find some underclass White person or druggy to hang out with. In order for assimilation to work, said persons cannot be hanging out fellow underclass types.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily76 View Post
Talking with a poster in two posts I learned a new word, 'underclass'.

I at least saw him saying this for 5 times in the two posts about African American's attack against Asian American.
Because that is exactly what that is: UNDERCLASS. It's mostly one segment of the Black population involved, not the whole of it. If you expect me to sit here and say "Blacks as. whole are messed up and are to be avoided", the answer is NO !! That is not the case. It is one particular part of the Black population causing a lion's share of the violence, the underclass. The rest of us have nothing to do with that. And if you're only here to vent some anti-Black anger and resentment, I don't have any reason to speak with you on this subject anymore.

If you feel that I should here you out in regards to your negative feelings about Blacks as a whole, because I don't see it that way, give me one good reason why.

Old 11-20-2021, 08:48 PM

447 posts, read 323,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because that is exactly what that is: UNDERCLASS. It's mostly one segment of the Black population involved, not the whole of it. If you expect me to sit here and say "Blacks as. whole are messed up and are to be avoided", the answer is NO !! That is not the case. It is one particular part of the Black population causing a lion's share of the violence, the underclass. The rest of us have nothing to do with that. And if you're only here to vent some anti-Black anger and resentment, I don't have any reason to speak with you on this subject anymore.

If you feel that I should here you out in regards to your negative feelings about Blacks as a whole, because I don't see it that way, give me one good reason why.
How do you define 'underclass'?

Socially or financially?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies