Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 09:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
They are adding more and more charging stations. My husband has no problem charging his. And at home he just plugs in into our electrical outlet in the garage. Nothing fancy needed.
Perhaps in your area there isn’t a problem. However, contrary to your belief, there’s a whole big country that isn’t the same as your area, that don’t have places to charge them…and Sleepy Joe acting like everyone can go buy one is as ridiculous as it is hilarious… but maybe he’ll give free cars out, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2021, 09:39 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Perhaps in your area there isn’t a problem. However, contrary to your belief, there’s a whole big country that isn’t the same as your area, that don’t have places to charge them…and Sleepy Joe acting like everyone can go buy one is as ridiculous as it is hilarious.
But they will. Car manufacturers going electric will see to that.

Old 11-23-2021, 09:41 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But they will. Car manufacturers going electric will see to that.
Yep, in about 10-15 years. Just because your area has them doesn’t mean all areas do. There’s simply not enough of them.

https://theicct.org/publications/cha...merica-jul2021

Old 11-23-2021, 09:51 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,638,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I kid you not....coming from the guy making $millions off China

President Joe Biden promoted his efforts to lower gas prices on Tuesday, but he reminded Americans they would save more money on gas if they owned electric cars.

“For the hundreds of thousands of folks who bought one of those electric cars, they’re going to save $800 to $1000 in fuel costs this year,” Biden said, referring to the $112,595 electric Hummer pickup he test drove at a General Motors factory in Detroit earlier this month."

“My effort to combat climate change is not raising the price of gas, what it’s doing is increasing the availability of jobs,” Biden insisted.

"He claimed his government subsidies for green energy and electric cars would only help Americans get jobs and save more money."

Hear that kids...you can save a ton on gas...just go out and buy a new car!!

"The president notably suspended all federal leases on oil and gas and shut down the Keystone XL pipeline after taking office, which hurt the amount of domestic oil production."

"Domestic oil production was on a steady rise in the United States when former president Donald Trump was in office until the coronavirus pandemic hit. Domestic oil production continues to lag even though the demand for oil has recovered."

"Biden still has no plan to increase the domestic production of oil, but he frequently complains that OPEC+ nations are not releasing enough oil to the world."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...electric-cars/
Fill in the question marks.

The source of power to generate electricity for electric cars comes from ???????????

Old 11-23-2021, 09:55 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Hey OP, gas prices are up all over the world. And our President is right, I’m saving a ton of money on gas driving my plug-in hybrid.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:14 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Quite possibly your 5-6 year old Bolt is very soon going to be needing a new battery. Take your cute newly purchased Bolt in and get the batter replaced. The nice man behind the counter smiles and tells you, no problem, we have the battery in stock and can have in installed and ready to go in approximately 2-3 weeks, and the out the door price should be just under $25000.

It isn't like swapping the battery in your Motel T, it is huge and the entire vehicle needs to be disassembled, it covers the entire bottom of the car and is a very long, very expensive process. We're not changing batteries in your flashlight. It is usually equal to or a littler cheaper than replacing the vehicle. Other than that, you have a really good idea.
I drive a Tesla that has a battery which has been tested to go over two million miles. I think I’ll be ok. Thanks for the concern though.

https://electrek.co/2020/10/18/tesla...ion-miles/amp/

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Whining? I'm sitting in my comfortable warm home without any financial problems. I'm not impacted by the rising prices, but there are billions of people who couldn't make ends meet before gas and food prices went up.

Those people can't afford a 2017 Chevy Bolt for $15K. They're barely scraping by now.

You need to get out more. Apparently you only know people in one class.
Billions you say? You talking worldwide? I’m not sure Biden’s comments were directed to people in Bangladesh, but I could be wrong. To be fair though, the people who can’t afford a $15,000 car are probably not the ones primarily complaining about the recent rise in gas prices. They are probably taking the bus.

The people who are complaining are the ones driving Chevy Tahoes. Those folks could afford a Bolt if they wanted to. They would just prefer to complain though.

Last edited by Cruz Azul Guy; 11-23-2021 at 10:26 PM..

Old 11-23-2021, 10:29 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
I drive a Tesla that has a battery which has been tested to go over two million miles. I think I’ll be ok. Thanks for the concern though.

https://electrek.co/2020/10/18/tesla...ion-miles/amp/

Billions you say? You talking worldwide? I’m not sure Biden’s comments were directed to people in Bangladesh, but I could be wrong. To be fair though, the people who can’t afford a $15,000 car are probably not the ones primarily complaining about the recent rise in gas prices. They are probably taking the bus.

The people who are complaining are the ones driving Chevy Tahoes. Those folks could afford a Bolt if they wanted to. They would just prefer to complain though.

Bolts are pretty ugly. They should have kept the Volt.

Old 11-23-2021, 11:10 PM

24,632 posts, read 9,458,962 times
I’m not going into debt for woke radical liberals over a high maintenance hideous vehicle.

Liberals, stop deriving self worth from the vehicle you drive.

Old 11-24-2021, 02:34 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwest09 View Post
Fill in the question marks.

The source of power to generate electricity for electric cars comes from ???????????

Biden's inappropriate and embarrassing public farts/methane discharge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Hey OP, gas prices are up all over the world. And our President is right, I’m saving a ton of money on gas driving my plug-in hybrid.

Well that's you... And I'm happy for you, as are many others I'm sure. But everyone's situation is different. I was able to save up enough spare cash to purchase a used pick up truck in cash. I don't drive it around very much because I work at home. So for me, this definitely is a much better option than anything Bidet has suggested. Is he even allowed to operate a motor vehicle anymore?

Old 11-24-2021, 03:16 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I wish I could afford a new car. My 14 year old Nissan gets 38 mpg.
It’s not personally about you or someone else. Millions of Americans are buying new cars every year. That is a fact, irrespective of current gas prices. Biden (and many others) urge choosing an electric model over regular cars. If you do that, gas prices won’t affect you as they do today. That is the context, not if you have $129,000 to drop on a new car….
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies