Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2021, 07:12 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Bond exemplifies a risk-taker, and this is what makes him and the 007 novels and movies entertaining.

The problem we have with a female agent Bond is that females avoid risk whenever possible.

This part of human nature cannot be written out of a movie script.

Males are risk-tolerant specifically because they are, in evolutionary matters, disposable.

And since you can't have risk-tolerance without disposability, you can't have a female agent 007.

Feminists like to just skip over this part because it is where the unique value of males enters the picture.

Males are judged to be worthy of respect (or not) based on their willingness to be exposed to danger so that others, women and children, can be safe.

It's no accident that no society exists in which females make a habit of protecting males, and to flirt with such a possibility is foolhardy.

When young men can no longer earn respect by being our protectors, they will stop protecting us.
It is very difficult for some to understand this concept. And it does not mean that women are incapable of protecting themselves.

They keep trying to rewire us all to fit a very narrow 'woke' media narrative.

Once men stop protecting? It's game over. And we are approaching that scenario ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2021, 07:49 PM

217 posts, read 142,224 times
My role model was my Dad. Batman and Superman etc. were just fun characters I liked to imagine myself as.

Only difference is that now girls have more characters like this for themselves; as do minorities. This is a good thing. Though
the lack of political nuance & subtlety in some of these adaptations are a sore thumb for the discerning (adult) viewer.

All the same, there are hosts of wonderful characters for them to look up to; a pantheon of live action and comic superheroes, zillions of anime characters (Son Goku, Naruto etc.), video game characters (Ash Ketchum, Kratos etc.) and young adult fantasy franchises (Harry Potter, Percy Jackson etc.)
Then of course there are all the male characters from older series that their dads will probably introduce them to. And... there is also the bible/religious texts for role models.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:56 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
I had boat loads of male role models growing up in the 1960s.

Cowboys were my best roll models. Roy Rogers, the Lone Ranger, Hoppalong Cassidy, John Wayne. The Cowboy code was like the medieval code of chivalry for modern times.

Self-sacrificing and noble heroic soldiers were everywhere in movies and TV.

Notably, I had many professional role models such as scientists, engineers, professors, and such. Even with the Brady Bunch, the father was an Architect. There were many shows where role models were from the professional classes. Not just doctors or lawyers, as is so overly common.

When I was growing up, it was COOL to be a scientist, mathemetician, engineer, or college professor.

I had more male role models than I could count, and they all were honest, patriotic, and Christian.

Old 11-26-2021, 07:58 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
A British politician has suggested that women playing traditional male roles is robbing boys of decent role models, and instead male role models are increasingly gangsters or unpleasant characters.

The new Doctor Who is to be a woman, and there are still rumours regarding James Bond, whilst super heroes are increasingly women.

So are boys going to grow up with role models from The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders or from Rappers and the idiotic behaviour of some sports stars.

Most boys still have fathers or some sort of father figures. Because a woman has a job that stops all of that? Women should be back in the kitchen where they belong? Is that what you believe?

Old 11-26-2021, 07:59 PM

103 posts, read 33,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
A British politician has suggested that women playing traditional male roles is robbing boys of decent role models, and instead male role models are increasingly gangsters or unpleasant characters.

The new Doctor Who is to be a woman, and there are still rumours regarding James Bond, whilst super heroes are increasingly women.

So are boys going to grow up with role models from The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders or from Rappers and the idiotic behaviour of some sports stars.
simple sop waching tv watch your father uncle grandfather problem solved who would look up to imaginary characters anyway. and everything today is imaginery on tv from so called racism to good or bad. watch 50-60 shows and be free of idiocracy from today.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:08 PM

11,483 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbedWiredBurgerStop View Post
Aside from scientists and engineers, and people in other professions, the whole patriotic, christian, john wayne types were fake.

I guarantee you most of them were probably wife beating drunks. I don't trust anyone who brags about being a 'patriotic christian', because it tells me they're flawed, but don't wanna admit it. Or they're narcissistic AF.
So you are saying I would have turned out better if I was told all my role models were wife-beating drunks?

My point is, the characters the actors portrayed were presented as wholesom people to aspire to, whose behavior we should emulate, and as a result, that made me a better person in the process.

Nobody ever said that the CHARACTERS in these productions were authentically real. To a young boy, all that mattered is that the CHARACTERS behaved in a noble way that provided a "role model" for such young boy to emulate or for parents to be able to say, "you want to be like that".

It is like scouting. Nobody ever asked or knew whether or not our Den Mother was a drunk prostitute in her spare time. All that mattered is that our Den Mother communicated the noble attributes we were being taught to embrace and practice.

I have to question if you know what a role model is and what function they provide.

Old 11-26-2021, 08:12 PM

103 posts, read 33,440 times
you know best role model you can be TELL the truth that thing can not be twisted or manipulated it can only be truth and no mather how much they want to tell you lies are cool they are not it just weights on you and you will be miserable for your whole life. that is best role model truth teller because it is always on point no imaginary **** like super heroes you go out there do all that and never get thanks from doctors to police to firefighters i bet all these profecions tought they will thank them for protecting their property safety life but do they HELL NO or they do but media does not show it

Old 11-26-2021, 08:33 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
That's not at all what I meant.

We need both.

When men are destroyed because they want to protect, when men are portrayed as bumbling morons because they can't do anything right, when men are portrayed as effeminate all the time, that's a problem. Women are championed to do everything. Men are only championed to support women.

I do realize that some find it more difficult to see because there is a movement that champions the feminization of men.

Once you see it, however, you can't unsee it. It permeates the MEDIA. Maybe not YOUR family.

The MEDIA. Which is what this thread is about.
I guess I don't see it, because the people I hang around with are just themselves and lean masculine and feminine in different areas. We ALL serve as role models to our children
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-26-2021, 09:42 PM

2,355 posts, read 1,152,668 times
I knew Ken (of Ken and Barbie) and even rugged G.I. Joe were not my role models as soon as I undressed them.

Old 11-26-2021, 10:28 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,045,228 times
No it means it will actually become their dads and those around them, as TV shows will get flushed down the toilet.

They want to control the role models by making people reject ALL their influence whatsoever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies