Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 02:53 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,083,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Correct, it’s not bullying if someone doesn’t agree with you and argue or debate their opinions…. I’ve been what you would call being bullied on another site where two posters ganged up on me and on another told me he hoped I get covid.
Social media bullying is one of the worst — I’ve seen people on here wish Covid and death on people. Really horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 03:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,609,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
You forgot one. The ultimate bully in recent years was Trump himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Nailed it on the first reply.

The opening post of this thread is a classic example of "accuse them of what you do."
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is funny. Trump maybe have been as *******, but the protests and riots started before he was even sworn in. And then it just kept going for four years. Sorry, the leftists are everything they blame others to be.

The other side isn't perfect either, no one is.
Women’s March

Old 12-01-2021, 03:17 PM

9,537 posts, read 4,362,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
There is a significant anti-police movement and some localities have moved to stop cops from traffic stops. Although I agree some police can be bullies, I am not part of the abolish the police movement.

The biggest mandate so far, OSHA’s work related jab requirement, has so far been found to be unconstitutional and is under a judicial stay. To enforce that “mandate” would be illegal, would it not?

Your whole second paragraph is over generalized. People are not getting vaccinated for various reasons, some related to personal health issues, religious beliefs, or other people they know who have had bad reactions to it. Some are mistrustful of this type of “vaccine”. Also death rates did not plummet after roll out; we have more deaths under Biden than under Trump. Places with extremely high vaccine rates are seeing cases and deaths spike. Austria is under new lockdowns, vaxxed or unvaxxed.

Traffic stops aren't bullying. Normal people turn into petulant children when confronted with their bad behavior. Check out some of the traffic stop videos on YouTube and watch how many people who've blatantly violated the law become completely unhinged when stopped by the police - even when approached in the most congenial, pleasant manner possible. The word "bullying" is almost as overused as "racist" these days. It's the go-to excuse for people who can't accept that their problems are of their own making. Yes, some police officers can be bullies - but the vast majority of people who complain about being bullied by the police are just whiners with the emotional maturity of a 3 year old.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:36 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,083,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Traffic stops aren't bullying. Normal people turn into petulant children when confronted with their bad behavior. Check out some of the traffic stop videos on YouTube and watch how many people who've blatantly violated the law become completely unhinged when stopped by the police - even when approached in the most congenial, pleasant manner possible. The word "bullying" is almost as overused as "racist" these days. It's the go-to excuse for people who can't accept that their problems are of their own making. Yes, some police officers can be bullies - but the vast majority of people who complain about being bullied by the police are just whiners with the emotional maturity of a 3 year old.
Where did I say or imply that traffic stops are bullying? Way to put words in my mouth. Someone else used that as an analogy which I denied.

Your premise is wrong and therefore the whole rest of your post is inapplicable.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 12-01-2021 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 03:38 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,603 times
Quote:
Social media bullying is one of the worst — I’ve seen people on here wish Covid and death on people. Really horrible.
It is and some sites don’t have moderators, and it shows. I never ever wish harm on anyone who I disagree with or visa versa, hopefully I try to be respectful.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:40 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,926,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
The op just said some cops can be bullies, not being stopped at a traffic stop is bullying. My brother was a police officer and he didn’t care for the few he perceived as jerks.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:45 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
That’s exactly what she means. I’ll never forget one of her posts during the election suggesting that Trump supporters should be shunned and ostracized just for having different briefs. Bullies always wanted to silence those who oppose them.
Briefs lol! I meant beliefs.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:51 PM

4,565 posts, read 2,285,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Briefs lol! I meant beliefs.
They could have different briefs as well.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Where did I say or imply that traffic stops are bullying? Way to put words in my mouth. Someone else used that as an analogy which I denied.

Your premise is wrong and therefore the whole rest of your post is inapplicable.

Read the first sentence of your post.
"There is a significant anti-police movement and some localities have moved to stop cops from traffic stops. Although I agree some police can be bullies, I am not part of the abolish the police movement."

Note the words "traffic stop", "police", "bullies". You made the connection - I simply responded to it. I did not see the post in which the analogy was made. Under normal circumstances, I would apologize, but since you've decided that full attack mode is the appropriate response, I'm willing to play it that way as well.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The op just said some cops can be bullies, not being stopped at a traffic stop is bullying. My brother was a police officer and he didn’t care for the few he perceived as jerks.
And I simply said that most traffic stops aren't bullying. The OP made the connecting between traffic stops and bullying. Or are you saying the first sentence was just superfluous and not related to the remainder of the post? If so, why include it? Not sure what part of what I posted you are disagreeing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies