Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2021, 04:11 PM

2,157 posts, read 1,445,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
It’s unfortunate sometimes that we can’t downvote comments like on other platforms.

Trump himself was bullied by everyone. All he did was stand up for himself, which of course is unacceptable to a bully.

Do you have any comments on anything else I wrote or did you just want to indulge your TDS?
So in your world Trump was a poor 'victim'. Hilarious

And you are hoping for the safety in downvotes because there are an abnormal amount of conservatives here to protect you (Victim). Maybe you should muster up the guts to state your opinion without the safety of feeling popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,076,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Read the first sentence of your post.
"There is a significant anti-police movement and some localities have moved to stop cops from traffic stops. Although I agree some police can be bullies, I am not part of the abolish the police movement."

Note the words "traffic stop", "police", "bullies". You made the connection - I simply responded to it. !I did not see the post in which the analogy was made. Under normal circumstances, I would apologize, but since you've decided that full attack mode is the appropriate response, I'm willing to play it that way as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
And I simply said that most traffic stops aren't bullying. The OP made the connecting between traffic stops and bullying. Or are you saying the first sentence was just superfluous and not related to the remainder of the post? If so, why include it? Not sure what part of what I posted you are disagreeing with.
No I did not make that connection. The reference was first made here, post #97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
By the OP’s standards, anytime a cop writes a ticket for speeding, that’s a forms of bullying. Enforcing laws and mandates to make sure society stays safe and functional is not a form of bullying, that’s called being a civilized society.
I was responding to that post.

The idea that traffic stops are bullying is something that is associated with the defund the police movement, which I am not part of although I agree that occasionally some police act like bullies.

There was a motive ascribed fo me which I denied, and now you are doubling and tripling down on something I never brought up or said, only was responding to. I didn’t go into “full attack mode” but only said that because your premise was wrong, everything that followed was irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post

And you are hoping for the safety in downvotes because there are an abnormal amount of conservatives here to protect you (Victim). Maybe you should muster up the guts to state your opinion without the safety of feeling popular.
Yes, in some ways I do believe Trump was a victim, of the elaborate Russia hoax for one thing, of Democrats who vowed on day one to impeach him, to “resist”, of a media that edited his statements to make him look like he was saying something he was not, of an elitist system that refused to accept him or give him any credit. His supporters were also bullied...Maxine Waters called for Trump supporters to be harassed and intimidated.

The downvoting comment was in regards to the fact that the first post was “but Trump.” I would actually like to discuss other things besides Trump, but some people seem obsessed. They take every thread remotely applicable and make it an opportunity to bash Trump. I don’t know what you are talking about regarding popularity or having guts; I stated my opinion quite clearly and stand by it.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 12-01-2021 at 04:50 PM..

Old 12-01-2021, 04:40 PM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Not sure why you quoted me with the women's march, that hosted a speaker that was a convicted felon for torturing a gay man.

Old 12-01-2021, 07:13 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Not sure why you quoted me with the women's march, that hosted a speaker that was a convicted felon for torturing a gay man.
You said
Quote:
The other side isn't perfect either, no one is.
I posted the documentation on the imperfection ... ps you also mention protests and riots --- again I posted an example --- an all in one in one post.

Old 12-01-2021, 08:31 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
He was a victim in everyone's world. It's just that a lot of people are unable to perceive that world accurately.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:02 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is the problem... conservatives will not bully. They take the higher road.

Someday.. that is going to change and I will feel bad for the liberals.. for a second.
I will not grant them even that second.

Old 12-01-2021, 11:05 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
We learned from the left.
If you can't beat 'em ..... beat 'em at their own game.

Old 12-02-2021, 06:04 AM

29,509 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
You said I posted the documentation on the imperfection ... ps you also mention protests and riots --- again I posted an example --- an all in one in one post.
Thanks for posting another example of the temper tantrums the leftists did, I'd forgotten about that one , although the "other side" I was referring to was the right.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:26 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
You said
Quote:
The other side isn't perfect either, no one is.
I posted the documentation on the imperfection ... ps you also mention protests and riots --- again I posted an example --- an all in one in one post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Thanks for posting another example of the temper tantrums the leftists did, I'd forgotten about that one , although the "other side" I was referring to was the right.
Exactly but the Women’s March was not a temper tantrum ... but an example of (bullies winning); the types of protests that only one person in the history of persons could spark --- globally.

"On the first full day of Donald Trump’s presidency, hundreds of thousands of people crowd into the U.S. capital for the Women’s March on Washington, a massive protest in the nation’s capital aimed largely at the Trump administration and the threat it represented to reproductive, civil and human rights.

At the same time, more than 3 million people in cities across the country and around the world held their own simultaneous protests in a global show of support for the resistance movement. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history." (my bold for emphasis)

Old 12-02-2021, 07:59 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,922,578 times
Quote:
Exactly but the Women’s March was not a temper tantrum ... but an example of (bullies winning); the types of protests that only one person in the history of persons could spark --- globally.

"On the first full day of Donald Trump’s presidency, hundreds of thousands of people crowd into the U.S. capital for the Women’s March on Washington, a massive protest in the nation’s capital aimed largely at the Trump administration and the threat it represented to reproductive, civil and human rights.

At the same time, more than 3 million people in cities across the country and around the world held their own simultaneous protests in a global show of support for the resistance movement. It was the largest single-day protest in U.S. history." (my bold for emphasis)
I thought they all simply looked ridiculous wearing those silly looking pink hats, hard to take them seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies