Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 03:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Objecting to only four books and the TN DoE declined to look into it = sensational thread over nothing.
Do you think the DOE is unfamiliar with those titles?

Old 12-01-2021, 03:35 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,619,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
based on what, the present very expensive govt model?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Oh idk genius. Maybe the existing private school system…

$15-$20k a year.
Parents who have lost their trust in the education system, there's the third option, which has an uptick in enrollment.

Census data shows phenomenal homeschool growth

"More specifically, early 2021 data indicate that at least 5 million American parents have decided to educate their children entirely at home. That’s up from about 3.2 million parents identified who reported that they had already been homeschooling in February 2020."

The experience with COVID showed them they could; so they did ... permanently.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:36 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,663,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Do you think the DOE is unfamiliar with those titles?
I don't understand the point of your question. Sorry.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:38 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,866,725 times
Quote:
Another good argument for getting rid of govt schools. With education fully privatized, curriculum becomes a concern of faculty and parent, and not society at large.
Public education produced most of America’s heroes, geniuses, innovators, creators, and leaders during the last hundred years.

Getting rid of public schools is a terrible idea. Maybe just doing it better is the answer. Look to countries like Finland, where they have an education system that would make the majority of this board bug out, and yet often score first among nations in reading, writing, and math.

Private schools face the same issues as public schools when it comes to this kind of crap. There will ALWAYS be parents who object to some aspect of the curriculum. And that is the least of the problems with privatizing education. I can’t even begin to list all the reasons why a completely privatized school system would be a disaster.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:38 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 25 days ago)

35,748 posts, read 18,082,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't understand the point of your question. Sorry.
How much of an investigation would they have to do, upon hearing that an organization objected to those titles being offered in the schools?

Old 12-01-2021, 03:47 PM

45,280 posts, read 26,536,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Parents who have lost their trust in the education system, there's the third option, which has an uptick in enrollment.

"More specifically, early 2021 data indicate that at least 5 million American parents have decided to educate their children entirely at home. That’s up from about 3.2 million parents identified who reported that they had already been homeschooling in February 2020."

The left likes to throw cold water on any education outside their system of indoctrination with canards like “little billy wont develop social skills if home schooled”, when in fact the opposite has proven true

Old 12-01-2021, 03:47 PM

4,873 posts, read 3,613,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You don't get to impose you "goals" on everyone else's kids.

Teach your own kids that they're somehow evil and responsible for all the ills of the world because of the color of their skin if you want.

But keep that crap out of the schools and away from my kids.
Ok, if it comes up, I promise not to teach your kids any self-respect.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:53 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,619,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post

Quote:
The left likes to throw cold water on any education outside their system of indoctrination with canards like “little billy wont develop social skills if home schooled”, when in fact the opposite has proven true
Exactly and if home schooling continues to grow, then public education is going to have to 'compete' for enrollments. Imagine that ...

Old 12-01-2021, 04:03 PM

930 posts, read 335,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
So no stories having to do with liberty for others?

So it’s ok for children to learn about the civil war and other atrocities but not what happened to their fellow Americans due to their skin color?

The point here to stamp out the histories of other people that make them uncomfortable or that they simply do not want children and others to hear.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1967166.html
The article linked is behind a paywall (or at least a 'registration wall') so I could only read the first couple of paragraphs. But it looks to me like a case of headline fraud. No sane person would advocate a complete ban on Civil Rights, which is an integral part of US history.

Old 12-01-2021, 04:08 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,197,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
The problem is that you slip all too easily into CRT, blaming others because of THEIR skin color....when they weren't even alive at the time.

Not to mention turning history into YOUR OPINION of what happened to others "due to their skin color".

The Left is bound and determined to fill kids heads full of CRT hate, even if they don't call it CRT.
Who is you all? I do not teach students and do not have clue what exactly constitutes this CRT that people keep yapping about.

My question is… what is the issue with teaching the story. This happened to a school aged child, one who happens to be alive.

Why do some many of you generational Americans fight down certain aspects of your history so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies