Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2021, 11:52 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Many productions are using non-working replicas and CGI to simulate firing. I'd be surprised if the CGI to simulate gunfire is more expensive than insurance, operating props, and union armorers, and particularly when the insurance rates go up after this incident.
CGI can't simulate recoil, and an actor faking it looks fake.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:56 AM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Too much reality can be deadly.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
of course he pulled the trigger , that doesnt however mean he is responsible , it appears like he is not responsible
YOU ARE BELIEVING MEDIA LIES

"it appears" - The media painted a picture of an innocent man for you, and you accepted that piece of art. it doesn't resemble life, though.

Stop looking at the pictures they paint. They're always false representations of reality. ALWAYS.

You have to actually work to get a clear and reasonably accurate picture of a thing these days. Taking the media at face value is a GUARANTEE that you won't know what you're talking about, when discussing the topic with people who do.

Old 12-04-2021, 11:59 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Occam's Razor applies? Seems like his mind doesn't want to accept the reality, which I suppose is understandable for anybody with a conscience. All it would require is a distraction and a nervous twitch.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepnking View Post
Too much reality can be deadly.
Oh please.

Here, I'll paraphrase Alec Baldwin to make my point. How many rounds have been fired in the entirety of film production over the years? How many people have died?

Baldwin's "one in a trillion" is not some sad coincidence. It's not a thing which was eventually going to happen. It's a thing which happened because Alec Baldwin was careless with human life.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:01 PM

1,927 posts, read 558,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't think the vast vast majority of people think that the shooting was anything but accidental.

The question is "who screwed up" and does it meet any sort of actionable level of negligence either civil or criminal.

There has been rampant finger pointing and attempts to throw folks under the bus for this but the investigation is ongoing. Baldwin stating he didn't pull the trigger is a huge eye-roller and makes him look dishonest.
If it was 'negligence' it definitely meets an actionable level of civil.
If it wasn't negligence it definitely meets the actionable level of 'criminal'.
A person killed in this instance meets the 'actionable level' of one or the other.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:02 PM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
I'm sure they can build a device that creates a recoil effect using compressed gas.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:05 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
I rarely see any simulation of recoil anyway in movies. I remember when I first had my daughter at the range. After taking her first shot with a .38 special, she looked back at me and said, "Hollywood lies!"

But there actually are specially built movie firearms that cannot be loaded with live ammunition, but have compressed gas cylinders that do simulate both a cycling slide and a recoil effect.

And sure they can simulate it. That would be "acting."

Old 12-04-2021, 12:06 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,121,454 times
He did his Public Relations challenge no good at all with this interview. What kind of a selfish ass doesn't feel a little guilty about accidentally killing someone?

I do believe he probably did pull the trigger and it's silly for him to act like he's not aware of that and wasn't aware immediately when it happened.

I don't think it changes anything about his culpability though, whether he intentionally pulled the trigger or it was some kind of misfire. He's negligent. Negligent Homicide probably, depending on local law. I understand that actors in movies have to point guns at people and even fire them. That's what happens in movies. But he's responsible for not knowing it was loaded. Period. It's the first thing you check whenever you're handed a weapon. Especially if you're going to be pointing it at someone. Movie or no movie.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:06 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I'm sure they can build a device that creates a recoil effect using compressed gas.
There are such gun devices.

https://www.dvorakinstruments.com/

There are also guns built specifically for television and movie use with the same principles applied to non-firing replicas. They use CGI in post-production to duplicate the smoke and flame effects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies