Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 12:31 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
This isn't about "acting". This is about hypocrisy.

If they truly were NOT hypocrites, they would simply stop with the gun violence in their movies. If you truly want people to believe you are anti-gun, you wouldn't put yourself in a position to profit from being in movies that are filled with gun violence.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:39 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times

Old 12-03-2021, 12:42 PM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I don't recall him claiming he never pulled the trigger until the lawsuits started lining up.
He’s going to be his defense attorneys worst nightmare giving interviews …..

Old 12-03-2021, 12:47 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post

No doubt about it. He's really digging himself a hole. With a little luck, that hole will lead to prison, where he will be passed around like a cheap Hollywood magazine.

Old 12-03-2021, 12:58 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,338,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Yep, I can just see the prosecution in the civil trial against him and his production company submit into evidence that ABC interview he just did!

Old 12-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post

I'll bet that some people will still believe Alec Baldwin when he said that he didn't pull the trigger!

Old 12-03-2021, 01:21 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
AB is setting up a defense for a malfunctioning gun. going after the gunsmith or the manufacturer

In a single action colt the practice is to load a round, spin the cylinder one place and load the next 4 cylinders so the hammer rests on an empty chamber.

was it a double action or single action gun

Old 12-03-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
AB is setting up a defense for a malfunctioning gun. going after the gunsmith or the manufacturer

In a single action colt the practice is to load a round, spin the cylinder one place and load the next 4 cylinders so the hammer rests on an empty chamber.

was it a double action or single action gun
The Colt Model 1873 SAA (Single Action Army) along with its replica's are single action only.

Old 12-03-2021, 01:38 PM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Yes, that is the loading sequence for a Colt SAA. Load one round, skip a chamber, load 4 more, then pull the hammer all the way back and ease it down on the empty chamber. You do so ONLY in a safe direction and there should be NO twirling or cocking or playing around with it after that...period!

You NEVER load all 6 chambers and carry a Colt SAA or any of those Italian replicas. Easing the hammer down on a live round is risky and NOT a safe way to carry the revolver, either.

Ruger changed the single action revolver with their Blackhawks in the mid 1950s, when they added a transfer safety bar, making it safe to load all 6 chambers.

Like most of the Old West firearms, the Colt SAA is not an inherently safe design and you HAVE to use caution loading and unloading and it is VERY possible that Baldwin pulled the hammer ALL the way back and let it go home WHILE he was fully pressing the trigger back. That would totally cause the pistol to fire.

It always amazes me....and maybe it is because I am from South Texas and these have been common here for over 100 years....how few people know about the Colt Single Action Army revolver or ANY of the Old West firearms. You must treat them VERY different that you would a Glock, SIG or other modern day firearm.

Old 12-03-2021, 02:13 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,094,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Yes, that is the loading sequence for a Colt SAA. Load one round, skip a chamber, load 4 more, then pull the hammer all the way back and ease it down on the empty chamber. You do so ONLY in a safe direction and there should be NO twirling or cocking or playing around with it after that...period!

You NEVER load all 6 chambers and carry a Colt SAA or any of those Italian replicas. Easing the hammer down on a live round is risky and NOT a safe way to carry the revolver, either.

Ruger changed the single action revolver with their Blackhawks in the mid 1950s, when they added a transfer safety bar, making it safe to load all 6 chambers.

Like most of the Old West firearms, the Colt SAA is not an inherently safe design and you HAVE to use caution loading and unloading and it is VERY possible that Baldwin pulled the hammer ALL the way back and let it go home WHILE he was fully pressing the trigger back. That would totally cause the pistol to fire.

It always amazes me....and maybe it is because I am from South Texas and these have been common here for over 100 years....how few people know about the Colt Single Action Army revolver or ANY of the Old West firearms. You must treat them VERY different that you would a Glock, SIG or other modern day firearm.

Don't modern reproductions have a hammer block safety that makes the hammer safe even with a full cylinder?

I'm sure I saw that someplace.... maybe Hickok45??

Or maybe I'm thinking of the Blackhawk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies