Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 03:15 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
Baldwin claims that “The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” the 63-year-old Baldwin insisted. “I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never.”

Is he saying that he would point the gun at someone and not pull the trigger? So, he aimed at the woman he shot, but he didn't pull the trigger?

Didn't he ever learn that you never never never point a gun at anything or anyone you don't plan to shoot.
Other than wanting to ban them while making money off of them making violent movies. Hollywood hypocrites and gun control advocates don't know or understand anything about guns.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:15 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
I've always liked Alec Baldwins movies but hearing him say this makes him look like an idiot, unless guns shoot themselves, and maybe they do, I don't know, it's not my first thought. I don't know squat about guns, but don't they have safeties and all of that?

Wasn't he supposed to be practicing some maneuver that involved him pulling the gun out and waving it around, I heard something to that effect. It's more plausible that while he was doing that maneuver that he accidently hit the trigger, I don't again, but as I said I don't know anything about guns myself.

Why there was live rounds onset and why he didn't double check it etc etc is a whole other discussion.

Old 12-02-2021, 03:27 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post

Guns don't shoot themselves!

Do you realize that Baldwin killed more people than 90% of NRA members (not counting soldiers)

Old 12-02-2021, 04:09 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've always liked Alec Baldwins movies but hearing him say this makes him look like an idiot, unless guns shoot themselves, and maybe they do, I don't know, it's not my first thought. I don't know squat about guns, but don't they have safeties and all of that?

Wasn't he supposed to be practicing some maneuver that involved him pulling the gun out and waving it around, I heard something to that effect. It's more plausible that while he was doing that maneuver that he accidently hit the trigger, I don't again, but as I said I don't know anything about guns myself.

Why there was live rounds onset and why he didn't double check it etc etc is a whole other discussion.
Not that particular model. It takes two actions to fire that revolver. First the hammer has to be manually withdrawn to its most rearward position. Then the trigger has to be pulled in order to release the hammer.

There's no such thing as accidentally hitting the trigger as your finger must be outside the trigger guard until you're ready to fire. Waving around a firearm with your finger in the trigger guard is not only unsafe but demonstrates a reckless disregard for anyone or anything that's around you. Whether the gun is loaded or not.

Alec Baldwin is indeed an idiot and a reckless one at that. He deserves whatever legal and civil ramifications that he has coming to him.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:19 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,619,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Oh, good grief don't lie. The girl you killed was filming you shooting the gun, Alec! Duh.

Why are liberals never responsible for anything they do....unbelievable.
Because they have the most powerful propaganda tool on their side, the MSM.
How was the rehabilitation piece on Baldwin, different than the one on Bill Clinton was, to save his political career, and go on to become president.
All despite most knowing he was lying about his sexual escapades, or "bimbo eruptions"?

Even judges/lawyers/juries are afraid to cross them, and potentially be doxed for going against the ministry of propaganda narrative.

Old 12-02-2021, 04:42 PM

2,018 posts, read 3,524,605 times
Maybe Baldwin didn't pull the trigger, but it was his character in the movie that pulled the trigger.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:24 PM

30,443 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Most of them old 6 shooters ya gotta pull the hammer back jack then pull the trigger.

Old 12-02-2021, 05:47 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,122,798 times
There's no escape for Baldwin. He's going to be charged, if there's any justice left in this country at all.

Even if the gun is defective and actually fired on its own (it would still have to be cokced), he pointed it at her.

He pointed a gun at a human being.

That's it. He did that, and the person died. Doesn't matter if the gun was defective. Maybe he'll get a lesser charge in that case, but there's a million ways he was negligent here, and pulling the trigger is just one of them.

Alec Baldwin will be going to jail, most likely. If it were you or I, we certainly would be. He'll be charged, though. I've said it from day one about this thing. You don't get to point a gun at someone and kill them for no reason and not be charged with a crime. It's that simple. That it was a movie set doesn't matter. It's just being used to cloud the issue and make him look like less of a murderous scumbag.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:50 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
While not the pistol rounds in question; these things are being made to look TOO exactly alike the real deal. I understand the reasoning behind this BUT more exact rules of handling must be observed, as an accident like this is not only possible, but inevitable. Someone could very easily make the mistake of adding a real cartridge into a bunch of these and you'd be very hard pressed to pick it out

https://detroitammoco.com/product/in...-dummy-rounds/

My long ago military training time included magazine loading with dummy cartridges of this caliber, and the .303's before them, with three long valleys or crimps down the side of the casing to very clearly show they were dummy rounds. You could very easily discern them from real ammo.

Perhaps these movie companies need a national set of rules by which ammunition of any and all type is supplied/stored/handled/used on sets with inspections to confirm compliance with safety rules.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:51 PM

2,872 posts, read 1,151,113 times
I'm surprised Baldwin hasn't blamed Trump for this tragedy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies