Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2021, 07:52 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times

Advertisements

what a loser.

Quote:
GStephanopoulos: "Do you feel guilt?"

Alec Baldwin: “No. Someone is responsible for what happened and I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.”

Old 12-02-2021, 07:56 PM

28,677 posts, read 18,801,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
While not the pistol rounds in question; these things are being made to look TOO exactly alike the real deal. I understand the reasoning behind this BUT more exact rules of handling must be observed, as an accident like this is not only possible, but inevitable.

https://detroitammoco.com/product/in...-dummy-rounds/

My long ago military training time included magazine loading with dummy cartridges of this caliber, and the .303's before them, with three long valleys or crimps down the side of the casing to very clearly show they were dummy rounds. You could very easily discern them from real ammo.

Perhaps these movie companies need a national set of rules by which ammunition of any and all type is supplied/stored/handled/used on sets with inspections to confirm compliance with safety rules.
The movie industry already has are strict rules for handling by a specific individual on the set, the armorer. If all their rules are followed, the situation is adequately safe. In this case, a good many of those rules were broken.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:58 PM

17,431 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
We'll see. As I said, it's going to be an interesting test of the justice system.
I agree.

I said earlier in the thread and now that I’m 1/2 done with his interview I believe it even more: Baldwin believes charges are coming and he’s trying to get ahead of it.

He also stutters when he’s lying.

Old 12-02-2021, 07:58 PM

30,641 posts, read 18,242,637 times
If Alec Baldwin is going to be this bold with his lying, I suspect that he had his prints wiped from the trigger.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:43 PM

8,343 posts, read 6,435,284 times
The Stephonopulous interview is going to be on ABC at 8pm 16 minutes from now. I dont know if that only the LA area or all over.
One thing is for sure, if Baldwin was a Republican he would immediatly have been thrown in jail and still be there.

Old 12-02-2021, 08:58 PM

23,637 posts, read 12,553,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
But not from viewing the base of the casing. From the view through the gate of the chamber in a single-action revolver, all you can see is the base of the casing. A live round, a blank round, or a dummy round, would all look the same to someone checking the gun, except for small details whoever loaded the gun would know.

That sounds like someone made up both some dummy rounds and some live rounds from the same lot of cases (which is IMO an error. I specifically use nickel-plated casings for dummy training rounds and brass cases for handloaded live ammunition as yet another means of distinguishing them sight).
Long before Rust came about, Hannah's dad made live rounds out of recycled parts. From the way Kenney was talking, some of the parts Hannah's dad had used were from Starline Brass, who doesn't make live rounds. The box of blanks and dummy rounds used on the Rust set had come from Starline Brass.

Kenney took(stole) some of those live rounds from Hannah's dad. He refused to return them to Hannah's dad. Seems he sat on them for awhile.
Later on down the road, Kenney was hired on Rust. He procured the gun and the blanks and dummy rounds for that production.
Kenney claimed that the live rounds that Hannah's dad had made looked similar to the blanks and dummy rounds. If the live rounds had been the ones that Hannah's dad had made then it would appear that Kenney either knowingly or accidentally put some of those live rounds, that he'd stolen, into the box of blanks and dummy rounds...which could be 'how' live ammo got on the set.

Quote:
Apparently Hollywood-style dummy rounds look identical to live ammunition except for the b-b that rattles inside.
Thanks.
Quote:
We don't know if those dummy rounds had the Hollywood-style b-b in them or had the hole that regular dummy rounds have. I suspect it must have been the former, because dummy rounds for "civilian" use have multiple sight-cues: The bullet is usually a bright color, they usually have the hole (1/8-inch or so) in the side of the case, and the primer pocket on the base is usually filled with a bright colored rubber material. Here is a typical dummy round a "civilian" would use:
The rest of the ammo in that box of blank and dummy rounds were individually shaken after the shooting, some of them rattled and others made no noise.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:07 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
The person handling a firearm is always the responsible for it being safe- always. He said it was not his responsibility.
Yes it was, regardless of the person responsible before himself.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:21 PM

9,141 posts, read 5,806,242 times
I saw a recently released clip where he said he was directed to pull
back the hammer, as if to c**k it. He said he was told how to orient
the barrel and to continue to pull back the hammer.
Then he said they told him they had the shot and he dropped the hammer.
Duh, that's what happens when you pull the trigger.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:34 PM

3,495 posts, read 1,751,273 times
The Baldwin interview reminds me of the Burke Ramsey interview with Dr. Phil. Burke needed to defend himself to Dr. Phil's audience before a CBS special would show how he could have killed his sister, Jon Benet Ramsey. The "new information" Burke shared was he felt guilty leaving the front door of his house unlocked trying to give credence to the theory an intruder killed Jon Benet, so Burke couldn't have done it.

Now the "new information" we hear Baldwin say to defend himself is he didn't pull the trigger, so he wasn't responsible for the killing. Baldwin is defending himself with a tv interview like Burke did, so something must be happening soon.

Old 12-02-2021, 09:35 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
Ok bill Clinton
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies