Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 07:22 AM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times

Advertisements

Staged interview, no way is bully Baldwin going to sit down for an interview without telling Snuffaluffagus what questions he can ask him

Old 12-03-2021, 07:26 AM

1,952 posts, read 829,742 times
Baldwin is a denier and is trying to shuck his responsibility in this incident.

This elitist moron has spent years going on and on about the abuse of gun and wanting to ban guns and when someone hands him a gun on a movie set, what is the FIRST THING he does?

EXACTLY what you are NOT supposed to do with ANY gun!

I don't feel sorry for him, but he did it and since he is a member of the liberal elites...he will likely never see charges for killing that woman.

Last edited by Raider Scott; 12-03-2021 at 07:37 AM..

Old 12-03-2021, 07:36 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,057,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Scott View Post
Baldwin is a denier and is trying to shuck his responsibility in this incident.

This elitist moron has spent years going on and on about the abuse of gun and wanting to ban guns and hen someone hands him a gun on a movie set, what is the FIRST THING he does?

EXACTLY what you are NOT supposed to do with ANY gun!

I don't feel sorry for him, but he did it and since he is a member of the liberal elites...he will likely never see charges for killing that woman.
Exactly!!!

Old 12-03-2021, 07:52 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
What an idiot! Just when the public might be having a shred or an ounce of sympathy towards him he comes up with this BS statement trying to wash himself completely of the situation. As they say, “loose lips sink ships“ this is why lawyers tell us to shut our mouths, he’s just digging himself a hole. Maybe not from a legal perspective but definitely from a PR perspective.
Yeah. I was one of those who was trying to give some benefit of doubt. Obviously, I stand behind, 'you don't point a gun at anyone, even when you know it's empty" (ahem, prosecutor in Rittenhouse case, you moron), but I was trying to be fair.

But with this nonsense? He 'didn't pull the trigger'?

BS!

Not only do you not point it at someone, you don't get anywhere near the trigger. How many photos have I seen of idiots posing with their guns, and they are right on the trigger.

Sounds to me like Mr. I Hate Guns doesn't know a thing about guns, and he shot someone because he's too stupid to learn about guns. And because he doesn't know a damn thing about guns, that many others do and are easily tearing his bs down because of it, he ended up killing someone.

Alec Baldwin - no matter how you try to say 'I, I, I', you killed someone. Man up and deal with what you did.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:53 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Yea he can claim all he wants that he didn't pull the trigger, bit he did whether he intended to or not.

If I was the husband of the wife alec killed, I'd be SO angry that I was being manipulated by this remorseless sociopath, and his pathetic attempts to shirk responsibility with crocodile tears on national TV.

Gun Expert Rejects Alec Baldwin’s Claim He Didn’t Pull the Trigger: ‘On a Scale of 1 to 10? Zero’

Quote:
When asked by TheWrap to assess the likelihood of Baldwin’s statement being true, Steve Wolf, a movie armorer with more than 30 years in the business, said bluntly: “One a scale of one to 10? Zero.”

....Wolf is not the only expert skeptical of Baldwin’s statement in his first in-depth exclusive interview since the Oct. 21 accident that “the trigger wasn’t pulled” when a “live round” was discharged and ended up mortally wounding Hutchins and injuring director Souza in the Oct. 21 tragedy. “No no no. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never,” Baldwin said. Wolf and others are also questioning why Baldwin took two months to bring up this particular line of defense for his actions.

Baldwin’s claim is also being questioned by the Santa Fe Sheriff’s Department, which told Fox News it is awaiting results from the FBI that would provide more information on how the gun could have been fired, whether that was just pulling back the hammer – which hits the firing pin – just pulling the trigger or both.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:55 AM

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yea he can claim all he wants that he didn't pull the trigger, bit he did whether he intended to or not.

If I was the husband of the wife alec killed, I'd be SO angry that I was being manipulated by this remorseless sociopath, and his pathetic attempts to shirk responsibility with crocodile tears on national TV.

Gun Expert Rejects Alec Baldwin’s Claim He Didn’t Pull the Trigger: ‘On a Scale of 1 to 10? Zero’

Baldwin pretty much blamed the victim ... "she told me where to point the gun".

I honestly think criminal charges may be coming for him - otherwise, why even do this interview?

Old 12-03-2021, 09:02 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,075,105 times
His interview made it seem like he only cares about himself and his reputation.

“I don’t feel guilty and I would kill myself if I did”?

He seems less than human.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:13 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yeah. I was one of those who was trying to give some benefit of doubt. Obviously, I stand behind, 'you don't point a gun at anyone, even when you know it's empty" (ahem, prosecutor in Rittenhouse case, you moron), but I was trying to be fair.

But with this nonsense? He 'didn't pull the trigger'?

BS!

Not only do you not point it at someone, you don't get anywhere near the trigger. How many photos have I seen of idiots posing with their guns, and they are right on the trigger.

Sounds to me like Mr. I Hate Guns doesn't know a thing about guns, and he shot someone because he's too stupid to learn about guns. And because he doesn't know a damn thing about guns, that many others do and are easily tearing his bs down because of it, he ended up killing someone.

Alec Baldwin - no matter how you try to say 'I, I, I', you killed someone. Man up and deal with what you did.

The only thing that Alec Baldwin knows about guns is that he doesn't want anyone to own them. Except for people such as himself to make money off of them by producing violent movies. Or people who can hire armed bodyguards to protect their sorry asses.

Alec Baldwin now claims that he pulled the hammer back and it slipped out of his thumb and the gun went off. Yet his finger was never on the trigger? That's impossible. On a Colt Model 1873 single action army or a replica of one, the hammer has 3 notches machined into it. As the hammer is being pulled back the sear (clicks) into the first notch which moves the firing pin out of the hole in the frame about 1/8th of an inch. This way the firing pin is not resting on the primer of a live round if the gun is loaded with 6 rounds. Which is not drop safe. It's alway recommended to carry these guns loaded with 5 rounds with the hammer down on an empty chamber.

The second notch is the safety notch. The sear then clicks into the second notch. When the hammer is in this position the cylinder can be spun, the loading gate opened and the gun can be either loaded or unloaded. The third notch is the final notch and when the sear clicks into the third notch the gun is now ready to be fired.

If Alec Baldwin's finger was not on the trigger and the hammer slipped out of his thumb while he was pulling it back. The hammer would fall and stop once it reached the second notch (safety notch) preventing it from striking the primer and setting the gun off. If it somehow managed to slip out of the second notch which I doubt, the first notch should prevent the hammer from falling all the way down and striking the primer. At that point there probably wouldn't be enough inertia to set the gun off anyway. These guns were designed that way in order to prevent an accidental discharge while the hammer is being pulled all the way back as long as your finger is off the trigger.

On some of those old western movie's the actor would fan the hammer while pressing on the trigger and holding the trigger as far back as it can go. What this does is disengage the sear from the hammer altogether and allows the gun to be fired rapidly. It takes some degree of skill in order to do this affectively. However it is not very accurate.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 12-03-2021 at 09:35 AM..

Old 12-03-2021, 09:22 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,357,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
His interview made it seem like he only cares about himself and his reputation.

“I don’t feel guilty and I would kill myself if I did”?

He seems less than human.
He is a loathsome human being, that's for sure. His interviews only reinforce that. He also can't be too bright either as he seems to be digging his own grave the more he opens up his big fat mouth. At any rate his career is probably over and his opinions will only appeal to the most ignorant and uninformed. We can all thank God for that.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:36 AM

2,684 posts, read 2,402,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

Alec Baldwin now claims that he pulled the hammer back and it slipped out of his thumb and the gun went off. Yet his finger was never on the trigger? That's impossible. On a Colt Model 1873 single action army or a replica of one, the hammer has 3 notches machined into it. As the hammer is being pulled back the sear (clicks) into the first notch which moves the firing pin out of the hole in the frame about 1/8th of an inch. This way the firing pin is not resting on the primer of a live round if the gun is loaded with 6 rounds. Which is not drop safe. It's alway recommended to carry these guns loaded with 5 rounds with the hammer down on an empty chamber.

The second notch is the safety notch. The sear then clicks into the second notch. When the hammer is in this position the cylinder can be spun, the loading gate opened and the gun can be either loaded or unloaded. The third notch is the final notch and when the sear clicks into the third notch the gun is now ready to be fired.

If Alec Baldwin's finger was not on the trigger and the hammer slipped out of his thumb while he was pulling it back. The hammer would fall and stop once it reached the second notch (safety notch) preventing it from striking the primer and setting the gun off. If it somehow managed to slip out of the second notch which I doubt, the first notch should prevent the hammer from falling all the way down and striking the primer. At that point there probably wouldn't be enough inertia to set the gun off anyway. These guns were designed that way in order to prevent an accidental discharge while the hammer is being pulled all the way back as long as your finger is off the trigger.

On some of those old western movie's the actor would fan the hammer while pressing on the trigger and holding the trigger as far back as it can go. What this does is disengage the sear from the hammer altogether and allows the gun to be fired rapidly. It takes some degree of skill in order to do this affectively. However it is not very accurate.
At the end of the day it doesn't matter- whether he accidentally pulled the trigger, accidentally dropped the hammer, gun malfunctioned, etc- he pointed a gun at someone and it went off.

There is no question in my mind that this is 1000000% the fault of the armorer who allowed a live round to be in the chamber, or realistically to be anywhere on the set. The actor can't look at a round and know whether it's live or a dummy (which is a casing + projectile but no charge). But it's annoying that Baldwin is going out and making weird nuanced claims about pulling the trigger or dropping the hammer; either way it definitely went off while he was holding it, full stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies