Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2021, 09:37 AM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Baldwin pretty much blamed the victim ... "she told me where to point the gun".
That was a disgusting thing for him to do!
So was saying he felt 'no guilt' in her death. Normal people would feel guilty and likely feel that way for the rest of their lives.

Quote:
I honestly think criminal charges may be coming for him - otherwise, why even do this interview?
Most likely.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:44 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So was saying he felt 'no guilt' in her death. Normal people would feel guilty and likely feel that way for the rest of their lives.

Most likely.
He also kept saying he has 6 kids .. he actually has seven.

Poor little first born Ireland "rude thoughtless little pig" Baldwin.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:44 AM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
Is it any wonder so few Hollywood celebrities have voiced support for this sociopath?

Alec Baldwin doesn't feel guilt over the 'Rust' shooting: 'If I felt that I was responsible, I might have killed myself'
Quote:
"Someone is responsible for what happened, and I can't say who that is, but I know it's not me," Baldwin told Stephanopoulos.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:48 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
He said he pulled the handle not the trigger. The person who put a real bullet in the gun is responsible. The person(s) responsible to check all guns before being taken out from being locked is responsible to check all weapons before put out on the table or given to anyone. If they had security cameras that would helped to keep track of all persons handling the gun before used on the set.

He explained on that show that he didn't just pick it up for ****s and giggles. He being directed what to do with the gun, where to aim it and so on. I would say it is a horrible accident if there weren't a real gun in the chamber. Live ammunition to me feels to much like a set up against someone who hates Baldwin or is just a sick screwball trying to make some stupid point at the expense of the victims, and everyone on the set.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:49 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,749,653 times

Old 12-03-2021, 09:51 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
A gun is far more dangerous and reckless in the hands of a liberal, that much is obvious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
That IS for sure, especially one that is an avowed gun control advocate!!!

The irony is that if he wasn't such an anti gun nut and had taken even the most basic gun safety class, the odds are very good that this would have never happened.

Old 12-03-2021, 09:51 AM

17,424 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
He said he pulled the handle not the trigger.
Wtf is that? The handle?

Old 12-03-2021, 10:02 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Is Baldwin trying to pull off the perfect crime here? He’s obviously lying about not pulling the trigger which is a sign of guilt.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:03 AM

2,666 posts, read 1,185,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Most likely.
I am not so sure about that. We can all say we would feel this or that but we are not in his situation. He didn't pull the trigger and he didn't load the gun so why the hell should he feel guilty. Horrified, terrified, angry, sad, and empathetic to the family who lost a wife and Mother yes that he feels and we all would but guilt are you kidding?!

No guilt has no place in this he didn't pull the trigger, he didn't load the gun. This was not in any way a deliberate Baldwin did. Had it been deliberate and he didn't feel guilt then yes it would be wrong to not feel guilt but it wasn't his fault this happened, period.

Old 12-03-2021, 10:03 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post

The only thing that Alec Baldwin knows about guns is that he doesn't want anyone to own them. Except for people such as himself to make money off of them by producing violent movies. Or people who can hire armed bodyguards to protect their sorry asses.

Alec Baldwin now claims that he pulled the hammer back and it slipped out of his thumb and the gun went off. Yet his finger was never on the trigger? That's impossible. On a Colt Model 1873 single action army or a replica of one, the hammer has 3 notches machined into it. As the hammer is being pulled back the sear (clicks) into the first notch which moves the firing pin out of the hole in the frame about 1/8th of an inch. This way the firing pin is not resting on the primer of a live round if the gun is loaded with 6 rounds. Which is not drop safe. It's alway recommended to carry these guns loaded with 5 rounds with the hammer down on an empty chamber.

The second notch is the safety notch. The sear then clicks into the second notch. When the hammer is in this position the cylinder can be spun, the loading gate opened and the gun can be either loaded or unloaded. The third notch is the final notch and when the sear clicks into the third notch the gun is now ready to be fired.

If Alec Baldwin's finger was not on the trigger and the hammer slipped out of his thumb while he was pulling it back. The hammer would fall and stop once it reached the second notch (safety notch) preventing it from striking the primer and setting the gun off. If it somehow managed to slip out of the second notch which I doubt, the first notch should prevent the hammer from falling all the way down and striking the primer. At that point there probably wouldn't be enough inertia to set the gun off anyway. These guns were designed that way in order to prevent an accidental discharge while the hammer is being pulled all the way back as long as your finger is off the trigger.

On some of those old western movie's the actor would fan the hammer while pressing on the trigger and holding the trigger as far back as it can go. What this does is disengage the sear from the hammer altogether and allows the gun to be fired rapidly. It takes some degree of skill in order to do this affectively. However it is not very accurate.
Bingo all the way.

Short and sweet: The hammer accidently slipping from his thumb would not fire the gun unless he was simultaneously holding the trigger back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies