Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 02:37 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,464,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Must be true what Libs say that it's not the shooter but the fault of that terrible weapon of war.
Yes in liberal land inanimate objects may spring to life of their own accord i.e. guns just go off, SUV’s barrel into parades…

Old 12-01-2021, 02:40 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,130,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes in liberal land inanimate objects may spring to life of their own accord i.e. guns just go off, SUV’s barrel into parades…
Yes, I notice that especially when vehicles are involved. I can't count how many times I read locally: ".....the vehicle lost control....." when the media is reporting on a crash involving vehicle(s).

One thing for certain, Alec Baldwin has injured and killed more people with a gun than Barney Fife ever did. That's just how fawking stupid Alec Baldwin really is.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:47 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Uhmm, it was a single action, that means he had to manually c-ock it. It is possible either the hammer didn't engage or slipped off a worn sear, so when he let go with his thumb the gun fired. Or he pulled the trigger...

I have seen video of a guy holstering a semi auto with his finger clearly up on the slide. Something in the holster seemed to have actuated the trigger. Clearly an unintentional discaharge.

**it happens. That's why you never point guns at anything you don't intend to shoot.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:54 PM

28,678 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Uhmm, it was a single action, that means he had to manually c-ock it. It is possible either the hammer didn't engage or slipped off a worn sear, so when he let go with his thumb the gun fired. Or he pulled the trigger...
If it has a worn sear, they're figure that out. Maybe it's the same revolver from the discharge of the previous week and it really is defective. But they can figure that out. OTOH, if that's the case, the armorer should have figured it out the first time.

It still means Baldwin had to have pulled back the hammer. The hammer didn't pull itself back.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
If it has a worn sear, they're figure that out. Maybe it's the same revolver from the discharge of the previous week and it really is defective. But they can figure that out. OTOH, if that's the case, the armorer should have figured it out the first time.

It still means Baldwin had to have pulled back the hammer. The hammer didn't pull itself back.
Next Baldwin will probably claim that the hammer had already been pulled back when he was handed the gun.

Old 12-01-2021, 02:58 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Alec Baldwin: I didn't pull the trigger”

Uh-huh.

Apparently there weren't any cameras focused closely on his trigger hand, so nobody can prove he pulled the trigger. So therefore, he didn't. That's his story and he's sticking to it.

Never mind that nobody else was touching the gun or handling it.

I wonder if, during the coming trial (if there even is one), gun experts will examine the gun and determine that it was in good working order, and incapable of going off unless someone put medium pressure on the trigger.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:08 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,956,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

Yes, exactly. Reps to you.

Old 12-01-2021, 03:08 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,948,281 times
Alec Baldwin: I didn't pull the trigger

Did the cops question all the suspicious SUVs on the set?

Old 12-01-2021, 03:12 PM

Baldwin is also stating that he, not only didn't pull the trigger, but that he also didn't aim the gun at anyone.

So does this mean Baldwin is insinuating that there was a second gunman, someone else with their own gun who was the shooter? Like the Kennedy assassination conspiracy?

Old 12-01-2021, 03:35 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
In the article I read, Stephanopoulos said Baldwin was devastated but forthcoming.

The guy is an actor. Sounds like another ABC fluff piece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies