Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2021, 10:56 AM

18,848 posts, read 8,496,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
And this is different from Delta how? It's almost like we needed a new variant to explain why the vaxxed could suddenly start transmitting covid when they were always doing that. Maybe both vaxxed and unvaxxed will need to get tested weekly in the workplace now? Nah.
We should all hope that the trend continues, in that the Omicron is very easily transmitted but produces less serious disease. A much easier path to end the acute phase of the Pandemic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2021, 11:02 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,799,578 times
Hypothetical question--seems like Omicron is found in the vaccinated. IF it turns out the vaccinated are the carriers of this strain, and perhaps the vaccine has caused this variant (like Geert Van Den Bossche has theorized), can we treat them as cruelly as the unvaccinated have been treated? Fire them, stigmatize them, ban them from public places, talk about denying them healthcare and letting them die in the streets, have the President declare a 'pandemic of the vaccinated,' blame the bad economy on them..... just wondering.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:12 AM

30,197 posts, read 11,845,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
An interesting observation. All new Omicron cases in 50 plus countries by now came via incoming air travelers. Who are all supposedly vaccinated.

The era of the vaxxed superspreaders is here.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLastRe...31619872182274

Of course the fact that unvaxxed people can't fly might have something to do with those numbers, don't you think?

The cruise ships are getting hit again with super spreader events.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:16 AM

57,373 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Hypothetical question--seems like Omicron is found in the vaccinated. IF it turns out the vaccinated are the carriers of this strain, and perhaps the vaccine has caused this variant (like Geert Van Den Bossche has theorized), can we treat them as cruelly as the unvaccinated have been treated? Fire them, stigmatize them, ban them from public places, talk about denying them healthcare and letting them die in the streets, have the President declare a 'pandemic of the vaccinated,' blame the bad economy on them..... just wondering.
Quite the hypothetical. LOL

Old 12-05-2021, 11:20 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,191,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Ya THINK????

The "vaccines" DO NOT VACCINATE OR STOP THE SPREAD!!!!!

You link to the CDC to make YOUR point????

We are being LIED TO, and I refuse to "comply" to STUPIDITY!!!

LOL, you can roll your eyes until you go crossed eyed but the fact remains that, AGAIN, your best bet is to get vaccinated, get the booster if already fully vaccinated, wash your hands regularly, wear a mask while indoors with crowds, and stay home if sick. It isn't that difficult. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:25 AM

9,438 posts, read 11,191,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I don't understand how the vaccinated could be spreading covid, delta, and this new variant called Omicron?

It doesn't make sense to me that anyone vaccinated would have it to spread it. I could understand the unvaccinated spreading it and it mutates into a new variant of delta and omicron.
The vaccine is about $$$$$$$$ and power, it's not about disease. Effective vaccines don't get developed in six months or a year. Try ten years. People are making millions and billions, the control freaks are coming out of their masked identities everywhere. Look at the Peoples Republic of Australia, ditto Austria, ditto a dozen countries where the population is getting the Iron Curtain treatment. If this wasn't a conspiracy then conspiracies don't exist.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:29 AM

57,373 posts, read 26,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
This group was vaxxed, many boosted and all masked.

A man who tested positive for Omicron variant says 15 of his friends who joined him at a New York anime convention also have COVID-19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-...?ocid=msedgntp
So far he is the only one testing positive for Omicron, 15 of his 30 friends have Covid19 but no details on whether they had any serious effects but the one man had only mild symptoms likely due to the fact that he was vaccinated. No other reports in the past 2 weeks since this ended out of over 50,000 people at the Anime.

Old 12-05-2021, 11:37 AM

17,456 posts, read 14,691,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

I'm in!

Actually, no I'm not in ... because I'm not an as$hole.

Old 12-05-2021, 12:06 PM

9,576 posts, read 7,355,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
None of these Covid 19 vaccines are ideal, and they all weaken over time. And very importantly the virus mutates. So a moving target like the Delta is an abrupt game changer and makes it much harder. Mutations are not a problem with most vaccines.

But the generality of reduced incidence of serious infection, hospitalizations and deaths continues to hold true with these vaccines.
So it is my understanding and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the reasons they (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J) chose the spike protein to make their various vaccines, was because it was small and would be more tolerable when given, but the trade off was that region mutates like crazy.

So why didn't they choose a more "conserved" region on the SARS-CoV-2 to make their vaccines, which doesn't really mutate that often; in doing so, it wouldn't have mattered how often the spike protein mutated, because the vaccine (and the antibodies produced by it) would go after a different region of the virus and eliminate it that way.

Is it because a different part of the virus (a highly conserved region) would be a lot larger and cause more side effects when the vaccine is injected into the body?

Last edited by cjseliga; 12-05-2021 at 12:19 PM..

Old 12-05-2021, 12:15 PM

1,250 posts, read 681,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
I don't understand how the vaccinated could be spreading covid, delta, and this new variant called Omicron?

It doesn't make sense to me that anyone vaccinated would have it to spread it. I could understand the unvaccinated spreading it and it mutates into a new variant of delta and omicron.
So after almost two years, you still don't comprehend that the shots do not provide "immunity," and that vaccinated and unvaccinated people spread at about the same level of viral load (Israel study)?

Can you explain why you don't know this? Have you been locked away somewhere, in denial, or just willfully ignorant, or???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies